New Shaman Hero - Galakrond, the Tempest

• Arthas's Avatar 195 496 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

A new Legendary Shaman Hero, Galakrond, the Tempest, has been revealed!

Galakrond, the Tempest Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• ArcanisDF's Avatar Supporter 295 188 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

i liked. it's a good Galakrond with fair battlecry

• TheOdinson's Avatar 145 145 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Getting giant elementals is cool, but not as game breaking as some of the other Galakronds, and the hero power isn't super impressive. Its still good and you'll likely want to play it in some form of Shaman, but IDK that it will end up being the best shaman deck.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 555 1012 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Welp, Shaman gets the best Galakrond. Pretend I'M surprised.

Makes for a strong midrange/control archetype. Summoning tokens is always good in a class with access to Bloodlust.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Mercynary9's Avatar 225 182 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Hero Power is not bad, I think it's something that every Galakrond are jealous of, constant small removal. And the battlecry is decent. With current shaman card pools, I say it's pretty top tier at the moment.

• BasilAnguis's Avatar 280 117 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

What's the hero power exactly? And how does it upgrade? 4/4 then 8/8 elementals or just fills the board with 2/2s with rush?

I'll boop you 

• Drageren's Avatar 240 129 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

tempo oriented Galakrond, tempo sham, on stream looked good.

• Drageren's Avatar 240 129 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From BasilAnguis

What's the hero power exactly? And how does it upgrade? 4/4 then 8/8 elementals or just fills the board with 2/2s with rush?

2-1 with rush, upgrades 2 2-2s 2 4-4s and 2 8-8s

• vprr's Avatar Goblin 295 207 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Along with all the Invoke cards, Shaman seems to have the most potential at making a Galakrond deck work.

Very powerful board control potential with all the rush minions, not much more to say sadly...seems to be a strong deck!

• Koetti's Avatar Island 375 319 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

And now imagine it with Corrupt the Waters

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• happyshorts's Avatar 120 65 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Pretty big price you have paid if you immediately get twisting nethered/brawled afterwards.

Versus rogue etc it could be a good push.

• Gosphor's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 80 13 Posts Joined 12/04/2019

Quite solid board control card with good invoke options, more control style.

Shaman will have quite a lot of options for decks in the new meta: Galakrond, Quest, Aggro overload...

• SLima's Avatar 150 95 Posts Joined 08/17/2019

Strong battlecry and decent hero power but i'm struggling to understand what kind of deck Galakrond Shaman is. Control? Tempo? Probably tempo, right? This doesn't beat the late game value generation of Hagatha in current Control Shaman. She will rotate soon but i don't think this will be a good replacement for her. A tempo strategy seems to fit this Galakrond much better. Hmm... It's good but i still think Galakrond the Unbreakable is better.

• Valord's Avatar 155 146 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Battlecry Galakrond Quest Shaman anyone?

• padoru's Avatar 135 150 Posts Joined 12/02/2019

i'm envisioning a powerful overload shaman with this as a late game option

• KANSAS's Avatar Wall 750 1250 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This is one of the best galakronds we have seen so far, not just for the fact that it summons dos 8/8's with rush, but also because you can get those 8/8's with rush very consistently thanks to that sweet sweet double invoker. This galakrond looks very proactive and relevant throughout the whole game. This deck will be very powerful, especially with the quest. I know that playing galakrond will change your hero power, but imagine getting quadruple invokes with a single card, or using the quest reward on the same turn as galakrond to make four 8/8's with taunt. 

This will be a powerful deck, and I am very excited to play it. 

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Meteorite12's Avatar Magma Rager 340 289 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Even if the hero card itself isn’t that great, the invoke cards might be worth it because of that hero power

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• AliRadicali's Avatar 420 698 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

I doubt you can fit it in alongside the quest but this seems to enable a very similar value-oriented battlecry minion-spamming deck. I'm curious which one will be stronger.

• b4timert's Avatar 125 146 Posts Joined 11/05/2019

If there is a downside it's that i can't play it with hagatha but with shudder it might be fun

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 315 366 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

Seems really strong. With Corrupt the Waters you could have four 8/8s with Rush on the table. And has been noted, anything that can produce token minions is strong in a class with Bloodlust.

If you have the time, please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us! I also have a custom class, Kel'Thuzad, the Lich! Any feedback would be appreciated <3

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 320 154 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Galakrond decks versus the dragon decks - it's like WoW Lore all over again. 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock);

• troY's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 170 167 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Fitting Galakrond. But will it be enough to overtake Quest and Murloc/ Aggro Shaman? I don't think so :'(

• sicknantos's Avatar Bulbasaur 330 191 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

In a vacuum? It's ok. In the upcoming meta? Busted good.

Shaman is going to laugh and laugh while we cheer for 5 days without Evolve in the standard meta. Come December 10th, I'm concerned that shamanstone will continue, if the livestream was any indicator.

Rage quitting: the best way to ensure your opponent knows they beat a giant baby.

• ArngrimUndying's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 385 482 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

Fantastic Galakrond - the free rush minions counterbalance the focus on Overload to help fight for board control with locked-up mana. I am 100% on board with Overload Galakrond Shaman - might even have to craft Vessina if it seems ladder-worthy. 

• allthehype's Avatar Thrall 130 143 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Sweet! Great iteration of Galakrond. Looks both strong and fun.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.