New Mage Spell - Rolling Fireball

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 860 2321 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 year, 9 months ago

A new Epic Mage Spell, Rolling Fireball, has been revealed!

Rolling Fireball Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Descent of Dragons

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Descent of Dragons!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• ArcanisDF's Avatar 660 214 Posts Joined 08/01/2019

woowww amazing concept!!! loved it

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1490 3206 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

absolutely love the design. I wanna see it roll down an entire field of 1/1s

Also notably improved by Spelldamage

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Mercynary9's Avatar 330 229 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Very flexible card, definitely will see play.

• TheOdinson's Avatar 505 153 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

Fine for the base effect alone, the additional stuff makes it even better. Not being able to control it is interesting, makes possible to kind of play around. Cool spell, fun.

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

• vprr's Avatar Face Collector 535 209 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I don't really see it, Meteor is the first comparison I came to and this doesn't even come close.

This can hit more than 3 minions, but 8 damage doesn't really seem like enough for 5 mana. Could be nice for arena but I don't see this being too impactful in constructed play.

Compare this also to Volcano which is very similar for a control deck, 8 damage just doesn't seem to be enough.

• Mercynary9's Avatar 330 229 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Quote From vprr

I don't really see it, Meteor is the first comparison I came to and this doesn't even come close.

This can hit more than 3 minions, but 8 damage doesn't really seem like enough for 5 mana. Could be nice for arena but I don't see this being too impactful in constructed play.

Compare this also to Volcano which is very similar for a control deck, 8 damage just doesn't seem to be enough.

Volcano doesn't hurt your minions, which may allow mage to maintain the board control, which is something not needed for control mage but for others, just wanted to share a friendly reminder.

• Elfensilver's Avatar 585 663 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

After it starts rolling in a direction, will it keep that, or may it change the direction halfway through?

• meisterz39's Avatar 815 1001 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Flame Lance with an upshot of not wasting damage. Seems strong enough to see play in a meta with a decent percentage of aggro and midrange decks.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1725 2896 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

A very handy way to deal with several minions. 

Keep in mind that if there is any excess damage to the second target, than that will carry on the a third target, so this can kill seven 1/1 minions, or four 2/2 minions. 

This will probably pop up in just about every mage deck that doesn't want to just burn you down by turn 6. The flexibility of this card makes it very usable in so many situations, and you will always be dealing 8 damage, there will never be any waste on this card, unless of course the total health value of your opponent's minions is less than 8. But in general this is a very powerful and efficient removal tool, not in a way that it will be a tier-1 must have spell, but it will just be a generally good card.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Koetti's Avatar Content Squad 1080 854 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

That's a really interesting Desing! Also, positioning matters again. 

• b4timert's Avatar 165 151 Posts Joined 11/05/2019

i like the card effect it reward poisoning and thinking about trades before you use it.

• Valord's Avatar 465 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I love the design for this one. Not sure if you will run it in any decks but seems decent to get off of other mage spell cards.

• PipoHs's Avatar Vampire 220 141 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

perfect antiaggro tool, it will see play in any control mage

• Wagnuz's Avatar 125 67 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Really like this one, strong card.

• padoru's Avatar Explorer of Outland 180 154 Posts Joined 12/02/2019

better version of flame lance, and places emphasis on minion placement. probably one of my favorite cards this set

• Farfelee's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 400 151 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Love the concept and the effect is pretty strong. I like cards that make you think about how you position your minions like Meteor.

More dragons? Yes please!

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 720 640 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

like flame lance except it keeps going for a bit combined with spell damage and it could wipe 3 or more minions

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• vprr's Avatar Face Collector 535 209 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Quote From Mercynary9
    Quote From vprr

Volcano doesn't hurt your minions, which may allow mage to maintain the board control, which is something not needed for control mage but for others, just wanted to share a friendly reminder.

Don't worry I am fully aware that Volcano damages your own board, it is why I said the two cards are similar for a control deck in that you want to remove the enemy board and not really need one of your own...which is how Volcano was used.

Again I just do not see this being enough damage to see play, people compare it to Flame Lance but that card also saw no play. This just doesn't seem good at all to me.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 670 696 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Better flame lance which is nice, can basically be a full clear against token decks in the early game too. I’d say pretty good, but even if it’s not I’ll probably have fun with it

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium