New Priest Spell - Dark Prophecy

• doingtheobvious's Avatar 325 241 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 1 week, 3 days ago

I have to wonder because the text does not specify, does it mean any 2 drop minion or just neutrals? Cause this could swing any which way imagine-able if it's any 2 drop minion.

Right now in the heat of my head,

a flower blooms that's already dead.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 315 137 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

I think they are getting really serious about HoFing Divine spirit :(((((

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock);

• meisterz39's Avatar Anduin 275 232 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

What deck would even run this unironically?

Some deck for which casting lots of spells is important. Right now the only major payoff for that in standard is Grave Horror, but the remaining Priest cards in this adventure set might feature some new synergies/payoffs for Priest that make this specific card more appealing.

Dark Prophecy isn't really that bad - on average it creates a slightly above vanilla 3-drop for 3. That's playable enough that it wouldn't take much to make it good in a Spell Priest deck.

• Fedrion's Avatar Zombie 285 107 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Quote From doingtheobvious

I have to wonder because the text does not specify, does it mean any 2 drop minion or just neutrals? Cause this could swing any which way imagine-able if it's any 2 drop minion.

I would bet for the classic discover mechanic, discover a 2 drop neutral/class specific with reduced chance.

What bothers me it's the wording... If High Priest Amet is in play, the minion summoned would first gain +3 health, then be raised/downed to Amet's health.

I mean, I don't have Amet, and hate to play against priest right now (feels like wild is in standard), but the wording makes it look like it's not worth it in a OTK DS/HF deck with Amet.

Heh, Greetings.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 315 506 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

A DS/IF deck might play this. Indeed, it might be pretty reasonable in that deck.

• AngryShuckie's Avatar Child of Galakrond 305 157 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

A discover with an unspecified class always takes from neutrals and the class of the person playing it. So this will offer priest and neutral 2-drops if you put it in a deck, but if a rogue burgles it it will offer from rogue and neutral instead.

The only special cases I know of with unspecified class discovers are with secrets, because there are no neutral secrets so if you play a 'discover a secret' card you either get offers from your own class if it has secrets, or from the class of the card you played otherwise. E.g. rogue playing Secret Plan will be offered hunter secrets in Standard, but rogue secrets in Wild.

I hope this clears it up for this and any future unspecified discover cards.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 315 506 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From AngryShuckie

Nope. People are going to keep asking the same stupid questions over and over XD

• Neoguli's Avatar Malfurion 155 73 Posts Joined 06/25/2019

Can't exactly say how good or bad this card is. It seems very average - probably decent enough for Arena, but it seems to kind of have no place in Standard if included in your deck. Sure, you could argue Combo Priest would include this, as it gives a pretty high Health minion, but I don't find anything worth replacing in that deck for this card. Maybe as a one-of, and maybe once cards like Bwonsamdi, the Dead rotate.

Of course, I could be wrong. This could be aswell used in a little more mid-range version of Combo Priest where they do not have tons of 1-drops to draw with Bwonsamdi - in such case, I could see this card being more playable.

We have quite an interesting 2-drop collection for Standard right now. You can either snowball so hard with Millhouse Manastorm and Injured Tol'vir, secure the Health bonus with Cloakscale Chemist or make a Deathrattle minion like EVIL Conscripter feel like Carrion Grub. With new 2-drops on the horizon, this could be either better or worse. But I'd say the current pool is fine, just not good enough to make this broken to include in your deck.

3/5

Hearthcards deck creating enthusiast. Also previously known on Hearthpwn as Cooler39140 and Huoyan.

• doingtheobvious's Avatar 325 241 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Quote From AngryShuckie

It does, yes. I figured it might be something akin to that.

Still leaves me curious as to what the intended use of this is. Top kekking when you discover Doomsayer from it, maybe?

Right now in the heat of my head,

a flower blooms that's already dead.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 495 728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week, 2 days ago
    Quote From AngryShuckie

It does, yes. I figured it might be something akin to that.

Still leaves me curious as to what the intended use of this is. Top kekking when you discover Doomsayer from it, maybe?

You might discover a doomsayer but you don't have to play it.. As I calculated last page you will get never lucky options only about 13% of the time. 

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Maximum Volume 675 1156 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 4 days, 15 hours ago

I want the Trollden videos already!

~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.