New Mage Hero - The Amazing Reno

• DoubleSummon's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 520 905 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago
    Quote From Emptyness

Gave it 5 stars just for the memes. But I am really interesting to see the hp - and i hope it won't be "Add random spell in your hand. It costs X less".

It can't be that, that's what the quest does

Edit: it has been revealed.. Yeah it seems none competitive.. Just for fun..

• DelkoHS's Avatar Child of Galakrond 300 352 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Can you rate this card as good if you die before you can play it?

• lichee's Avatar 110 45 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon

Can't really rate this card before I know what it really do (is it Plague of Death?) and what the hero power is..

im wondering this myself. How are deathrattles affected on board?

edit: I might have my answer HERE

• Freforos's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 155 152 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Urgh the hero power completely destroyed the card for me. 

Not because is bad, the card is actually good: the battlecry is amazing, and the random spell every turn is in general good. 

I hate the fact that this card is pure RNG after is played and that being good will probably see play (exact same problem i have with dq Alexstrasza, the card is so good that obviously see play, but the outcomes are too many and too different). I don't think that hearthstone needs any more random effects so big, have you tried for example to play a control deck versus highlander (more highroller) rogues? Is impossible, you can't play around anything, because some cards will cost zero and you will not be able to tell which ones until is too late, they generate random lackey that generates random things themselves, they even generate random cards from other classes as well, when you lose you feel bad because what you did didn't matter at all, if you win is because your opponent didn't highroll.

Too bad, i was hyped for this one card. 

• Yusuke's Avatar 175 123 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    It's a meme card with high roll potencial. At least the amazing Reno is better than Galakrond the unspeakable. :D
  • linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 370 403 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

I hate relying on randomness, so the Hero Power has really soured my opinion of the card :(

If you have the time, please check out my custom expansion, The Trials Within Us! I also have a custom class, Kel'Thuzad, the Lich! Any feedback would be appreciated <3

• Cocoduf's Avatar 155 59 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

The Hero Power is called "What Does This Do?" (should update picture).

• Koetti's Avatar Island 375 332 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Hehehe... Sounds stupid. Hell yeah! 

I don't play Mage, but that Card would be a reason for me to give that Class a try! Can't wait to get salty after losing to this or laughing my socks off when it casts Myra's Unstable Element or Cataclysm.

And for all those who hate it, look at it this way: it's not another Burn for Tempo-Mage ;) 

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Zwane's Avatar Wizard 260 409 Posts Joined 06/04/2019

It is not stupid. Deck of Wonders was/is a very good card. The majority of spells you get are good for you, say 80% or something, they are free and can be amazing. Occasionely you get a bad one. On average, this will be a very good HP. I love it and I do not understand all the people who are complaining and saying it makes the card "unplayable". It's not only unpredictable for you but more for you opponent. He is facing a possible free Flamestrike every turn. Consider that. The quest result is much worse since you are not getting the mana reduced of your random spell. 

Sure you are not having a reliable 1-dmg ping anymore. But this HP is not so effective late game anyway.

Finally we have a solid answer to the "Christmas Tree and presents" result of Hunter's Zul'jin, will at least remove all the summoned minions.

But I am still hoping we will one day get a hero power where you can create your own spell, just like hunter could create his own beast with Rexxar.

And I want frost lich Jaina back...elementals with life steal...hell yeah.

• vladlight's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 01/14/2020
    Posted 1 month, 1 week ago

You can just override the hero power with the quest... which is the first thing i plan on trying. arcane breathe, magic trick, ray of frost and conj already provide you with 8 spells (or more) for the slots of 4. combined with board clear, you can easily come close to completing the quest, just before you use the hero to wipe the board.- since you don't really care about completing the quest early.  Most people tend to fill up the board just before you complete the quest out of fear of losing a value game so it's also a perfect bait.

• Skorpionex's Avatar Heartseeker 125 69 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From Neoguli

Hmn... do I always remain specitcal? Maybe, but I remain slightly optimistic for Reno. I think Mage decks might run him mainly for his mass removal, be it either functioning like Vanish or Plague of Death, but probably the latter, as the usual balance for Hero cards is 2 mana for the Hero Power, 1 mana for 5 Armor and the rest for the Battlecry - this one mentions a Passive HP, so it could account 9 Mana for Plague and 1 for 5 Armor.

Plot twist - Battlecry gives all minions stealth instead killing them :P

• Starscream's Avatar 135 91 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Rogue Galakrond

Shaman Galakrond (at least pre- nerfs)

Warrior Galakrond

This garbage.

Here's hoping the other hero classes get hero cards that are actually useful.

• Pezman's Avatar Magma Rager 455 411 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I think the value of this card will largely depend on exactly what the Battlecry does. Is it basically Plague of Death, but doesn't add them to the res pool? That's pretty good. Or do they come back at some point, like that card he plays in the Adventure mode?

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

5 15580 1137 5

Posted 1 month ago

@Pezman: they are not added to any res pool. They are just removed from the game as if they never were in your deck. So they can not be resurrected. Which is a pretty solid answer to  a Priest board or a deathrattle/reborn board. Against any board in fact :). Also useful to clean up your own minions before your Mecha'thun turn.

Posted 2 weeks ago

So...he is live! You have any nice stories to tell? Some epic spells that came out of his hat? 

• Savron's Avatar Malfurion 85 26 Posts Joined 06/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago
    Quote From Zwane

So...he is live! You have any nice stories to tell? Some epic spells that came out of his hat? 

Destroyed a Rez Priest with that at Rank 3 Wild. Looking forward to the Warlock matchup as well. But I'm not sure that I'll stick with him for too long because I removed Arcane Intellect for him ;(

• Alfi's Avatar Dragon Scholar 340 256 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Are the minions unressurectable after him?

-=alfi=-

Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

Yes they are not in the res pool. It is as if the cards were not put in your deck.

Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

I removed Malygos in a reno deck which was kinda greedy anyway.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.