New Demon Hunter Minion - Ashtongue Battlelord

• Arthas's Avatar 265 680 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 6 days, 17 hours ago

A new Common Demon Hunter Minion, Ashtongue Battlelord, has been revealed!

Ashtongue Battlelord Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Ashes of Outland

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Ashes of Outland!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 785 1542 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 6 days, 17 hours ago

Now I understand, Demon Hunter is supposed to be a card that uses Health as a ressource, draws a lot of cards and utilizes demons, and to compensate they get a bunch of efficient healing.

NOW WHY THE FUCK DOES WARLOCK ALWAYS HAVE TO BEG FOR SCRAPS?

"oh no, we can't give Warlock healing, that would completely offset their intended weakness and allow for abusive strategies"

so yeah, let's completely ignore that and give a tempo oriented sm0rc class with almost infinite card draw also supreme defensive tools, what could possibly go wrong?

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 625 1202 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 6 days, 16 hours ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

Now I understand, Demon Hunter is supposed to be a card that uses Health as a ressource, draws a lot of cards and utilizes demons, and to compensate they get a bunch of efficient healing.

"oh no, we can't give Warlock healing, that would completely offset their intended weakness and allow for abusive strategies"

so yeah, let's completely ignore that and give a tempo oriented sm0rc class with almost infinite card draw also supreme defensive tools, what could possibly go wrong?

The intended weakness of demon hunter is card generation, not healing, and demon hunter is going to take way more damage.. are you really mad at a senjin with lifesteal?

Quote From DoubleSummon

The intended weakness of demon hunter is card generayion, not healing, and demon hunter is going to take way more damage.. are you really mad at a senjin with lifesteal?

Card generation is basically just draw for classes that aren't allowed to draw (see Priest)

I'm not so much mad at the card itself, which is mostly just decent...I'm mad because it would have fixed so many of Warlock's problems, but instead all of that support is shoved into Warlock 2.0.

It just seems really stupid that they are obviously not afraid to print strong healing options for a class that needs to take damage to be relevant, but hold back completely when it comes to the class that's historically awful whenever they don't have solid healing options, while also continuusly nerfing said class by removing some of their most syneergistic cards (Mountain and Molten Giant for instance).

I don't wanna have to play Dragon Warlock for the rest of the year just because they won't introduce proper healing options ouutside of Nether Breath

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 625 1202 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

You got sact pact too now I know I will be running 2 of those in warlock for the first 2 weeks

Posted 6 days, 15 hours ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon

You got sact pact too now I  know I will be running 2 of those in warlock for the first 2 weeks

fair enough, I didn't really consider that.

Maybe they factured that into the equation.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• GrayCatBlind's Avatar 50 16 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 15 hours ago

Absolutely fantastic card. Going to see a lot of play from this one. Demon Hunter is shaping up real nice here, excited to play it.

• Brandon's Avatar 230 224 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
  • RenanFolk's Avatar 150 144 Posts Joined 07/30/2019
    Posted 6 days, 12 hours ago

rip tastingo

• Haffax733's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 275 287 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 6 days, 11 hours ago

The powercreep on Sen'jin Shieldmasta is OK, since this is a class card. And DH will need way to restore health if he uses his hero power to clear minions.

• Horus's Avatar The Raven 865 1312 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 6 days, 8 hours ago
    Quote From DoubleSummon

(...)

.. are you really mad at a senjin with lifesteal?

When rationalized like that, it is hard to stay mad.

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• Pezman's Avatar Magma Rager 505 528 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 5 days, 22 hours ago

Solid card. Powercreep is unfortunate, but since Sen'jin is neutral (and Basic too), I guess this is fine. DH is going to need both the taunt and healing.

"Be excellent to each other." -Bill and Ted

by Pezman 3 months, 1 week ago
    0 12480 240 1

• Xarkkal's Avatar Design Finalist 620 939 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
  • Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 390 348 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

The powercreep is real... but also justified. Lifesteal is kinda the ingredient DH are needing the most.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock);

• liontail's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 180 277 Posts Joined 09/04/2019
    Posted 1 day, 19 hours ago

Feels like a filler card..gotta give everyone some kind of Shieldmasta with a bit of adjustment..in this case lifesteal is the adjustment.

• Erodos's Avatar Bulbasaur 285 241 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 day, 18 hours ago

Like Zilliax, it's a strong midgame card that will both slow down your opponent's aggression and restore your health total. Will see play in any midrange or control DH deck.

• linkblade91's Avatar Global Moderator Draconically Dedicated 400 586 Posts Joined 02/09/2019

For a class in desperate need of healing, this seems like a must-play for any deck outside of straight "I win or I die" Aggro.

If you have the time, you should totally check out our weekly Hearthstone card creation competitions! :D

• KANSAS's Avatar Funnel Cakes 855 1564 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Not a bad card, it is a demon, it blocks damage, it gains you life, there is nothing to hate about it. This card is sort of like Rotten Applebaum, or Khartut Defender. I think any card that has taunt plus some other defensive mechanic is worth considering in any slow deck.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Guenh's Avatar Draconically Dedicated 325 359 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 day, 14 hours ago

Solid card, perfect for midrange version and lifesteal will be indispensable for DH user

• Thonson's Avatar Funnel Cakes 435 447 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
    Posted 1 day, 14 hours ago

While I do enjoy the fact that DH is looking to be a very versatile class, it does worry me that they may end up just being way too strong!  Which also makes me hope I get nothing but golden DH cards to wait for the impending nerfs if they are OP

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.