Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Shaman Minion - Diligent Notetaker

• Arthas's Avatar 300 962 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

A new Rare Shaman Minion, Diligent Notetaker, has been revealed!

Diligent Notetaker Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 1 month ago

Interesting card. Obvious use is with a big boardwipe, but maybe could be interesting with the new innervate to enable something, especially in wild.

EDIT: less good than it looks. If it is killed by the spell, you don't get the spell burst, so this might not be so good with board wipes.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 373 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Seems really good. This will DEFINATLY see play in control/highlander decks, as they love ways to get more removal. Seems also pretty good in combination with Haunting Visions. This combo is basicly "5 mana 2/3: Discover 2 cards, your next spell this turn costs 3 less". This seems really strong. Also considering this is a spell-based expansion, we will most likely see a lot more combos pop up, during the reveal season. This card will see a lot of play, i'm sure of it.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

2/3 "draw" a spell once you cans a spell.. seems good, 2/3 which grant card advantage are really good,

works wonders with serpent portal.

• JFK's Avatar 470 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Now that's a spicy little effect.  Seems good for midrange and control Shaman decks.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 465 502 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Oh, the cycle fun you can have with this card. Just wait until more crazy spells come out, and you'll be able to inflict a lot of damage or heal a lot of health. Basically a minion that can turn any spell into a Twinspell.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Traversing Azeroth- The Story of Kel'Thuzad

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 335 385 Posts Joined 09/24/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

So would hagatha's scheme retain the damage boost? Because if so that seems great I feel like we need to see more cards from the expac before this and many other spell burst cards, but using previous cards this seems pretty good since you can infinity use something like spirit echo or whatever.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

A nice attempt for the continued push of spell shaman. Maybe eventually it will get there. 

Extra star for the artwork. 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 260 30 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Might see play in Totem Shaman alongside Totemic Might and Totemic Surge.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I mean..why not? PLay this on two, play Serpentshrine on 3 andhave another one for turn 4. Sounds like a neat curve in any deck

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Copy any spell you want. Any spell.

Seems like a strong introduction to the Spellburst mechanic. I like it.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

This card has some very interesting uses. You can use it with a board clear for extra value, or as a way to get extra burst damage with something like Crackle. I can't exactly say how good I think this card will be, but I am very excited to try it out.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• theo333's Avatar 440 364 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Useful in cheap Totem decks. Also good if you want control. Archmage Vargoth is going to have a field day with this combo. You get your spell done twice and get it back.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1211 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Very strong card that will be in every shaman deck.

If Im not mistaken spellburst will cause the next spell you play after this to be returned to your hand. If this keep spell discounts this is straight up busted.

Doubling spells should never be underestimated. Outside of that its still a vanilla 2 drop that must be killed if the spellburst is not activated on the same turn.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 600 838 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Unstable Evolution just seems like it will be super funny with this card.  

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Huge, return a spell you play for 2 mana is a lot, it's like a brewmaster for spells.

• Mazinger31's Avatar 220 36 Posts Joined 08/05/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Spell Shaman just got another tool.  I think we may finally start to see the next Shaman archetype in a Dragon Burn Shaman with Squallhunter and Malygos.  Especially with Lightning Bloom available to Shaman decks.

• Xarkkal's Avatar Servant of Illidan 835 1319 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

A very interesting tool for Spell Shaman. Hopefully it helps, because poor Thrall needs it bad. 

• allthehype's Avatar Outland Scholar 210 354 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

This has pretty high potential. Especially for Spell shaman of course, bot for other archetypes as well. I will certainly try it out!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium