Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Wretched Tutor

• Arthas's Avatar 300 968 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Wretched Tutor, has been revealed!

Wretched Tutor Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 1 month ago

A new neutral AoE. Maybe better than it looks, but probably worse than wild pyro anywhere that it could slot in.

May see play if demon hunters continue to dominate because of that 2 damage breakpoint, but most classes with viable slower decks have better boardwipe tools.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 375 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

5 health and it's 4 mana... Might see play in highlander decks i guess? This generally has to survive a turn to make use of it's effect, unless you have a 0-mana spell in your hand. The only deck that MIGHT consider using this is Libram Paladin (Not Pure version, and because of 0 mana Libram of Wisdom) This might replace, or get used alongside [card[Wild Pyromancer? (Even though the Wild Pyromancer + Equality combo is 2 mana cheaper)

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1735 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago
    Quote From Brandon

5 health and it's 4 mana... Might see play in highlander decks i guess? This generally has to survive a turn to make use of it's effect, unless you have a 0-mana spell in your hand. The only deck that MIGHT consider using this is Libram Paladin (Not Pure version, and because of 0 mana Libram of Wisdom) This might replace, or get used alongside [card[Wild Pyromancer? (Even though the Wild Pyromancer + Equality combo is 2 mana cheaper)

Consistency though, you will have more activators.. more pyromancers.. but this actually survives..

there's libram of justice for similar effects to equality +consecration.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Seems like a decent card in Highlander decks as a medium-cost board clear, but we'll have to see what kind of spells are made to properly assess the value of a lot of these Spellburst cards.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 470 505 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

So this is largely like a neutral version of Arcane Flakmage that can use any spell instead of just secrets, with the trade off that it only happens once and affects your minions as well. Not a bad deal in my opinion. 

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Traversing Azeroth- The Story of Kel'Thuzad

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

So, this spellburst keyword is a 1-time effect? If that's true, basically you will have to spend 4 mana and whatever extra for the spell and do 2dmg to all and then you will have 2/5 kinda weak body on board going in to the mid to late game. Some classes that fight hard for the board like shaman or pala can maybe use it, but it's kinda big 'maybe'.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• JFK's Avatar 470 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • MenacingBagel's Avatar 335 385 Posts Joined 09/24/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Seems fine but a bit overpriced especially since it hits your own minions and needs a spell cast prior. It's kind of like explosive potion or whatever from gadetzan but on a body.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Meteorite12's Avatar 570 668 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I could see it being kind of useful for some classes I guess? For the classes that don’t have much board clears, they’d also have the cheap spells to run to be able to trigger this. The effect’s not really worth it much though to be honest

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Xarkkal's Avatar Servant of Illidan 835 1319 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

It's exactly what it should be as a neutral AoE. It's not powerful, but certain classes/decks will find a use for it. 

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2065 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Seems pretty nuts if you think about it. It's a decent turn 4 for any slow deck, can be comboed with any 1-mana spell for a quick boardswing and can just...exist...as a threat for later, preventing your opponent from committing to the board.

Still need to know whether Spellburst needs the minion to be alive to activate or if it's a "play" effect.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

This actually seems really good. With a cheap spell, it can basically be viewed as a Volcanic Potion + a 1 mana 2/5. And for any class, nonetheless. Classes that struggle with AoE will love it even more.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I don't know if this card will be any good, but I like the fact that it exists. There is now a decent, neutral AoE for any class that needs one. And that is a nice thing to have access to.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• theo333's Avatar 440 364 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Shaman cheap AOE spells are salivating. Plop this card down and a 0 mana Beakered Lightning or something like that for 3 AOE damage all around.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 600 840 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I honestly think that this is a great card.  A neutral hit to all small minions in a meta where a number of classes can get a free or low cost spell in their hand at any given time.

• JackJimson's Avatar Dragon Scholar 240 236 Posts Joined 11/19/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

First thought is I think this will find a home in priest and warlock, classes whose control style don't really create wide boards since this card hurts your side as well.

As others have mentioned, this could also find a home in a control-oriented libram pally as Libram of Justice activator.

• Synnr7's Avatar Gul'dan 270 54 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Nice card, especially for Rogue since they lack board clears but have many cheap spells to trigger this. Could also work well with discounted Librams. Like a Consecration with a body.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1213 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Will likely see play only in rogue, priest or mage. Spellburst likely only triggers once, so its not like pyromancer or risky skipper.

In rogue because of Backstab (call it a smaller, double value Starfall), and in mage because mage really needs some AoE given that its game plan is usually not tempo. In priest because of Apotheosis.

Maybe a silent counter to spell druid? not too bad. But its a tech card, nothing more.

• Mazinger31's Avatar 220 36 Posts Joined 08/05/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I feel in a different time this would have been a very powerful tool in HS, but a neutral board clear that leaves a 2/5 body is entirely too fair for modern HS.  It's not a bad card and has potential to see some play in Highlander archetypes.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium