Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Paladin Minion - Goody Two-Shields

• Arthas's Avatar 300 953 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 4 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Rare Paladin Minion, Goody Two-Shields, has been revealed!

Goody Two-Shields Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• JoeyJojo48's Avatar 260 53 Posts Joined 06/11/2019

This is really good in Libram and/or Pure. A 4/2 Divine Shield for 3 is honestly just good, but getting a 2nd shield makes it really nutty.

• Starscream's Avatar 135 97 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Can you use spellburst once per turn for this minion, or just once overall?

Because if you can activate the divine shield each turn, that is very, very powerful.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 372 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Not completely sold on this card just yet. It has good stats and the effect is interesting, but it feels like it's easy for your opponent to remove. Seems like a decent 3 drop (mainly for pure paladin) so far, but we will have to see what other kind of cards paladin will get this expansion. Actually i do see some synergy with Libram of Wisdom. IF you manage to keep this alive.

But hey as long as it's not a murloc paladin card, i'm happy!

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1722 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Starscream

Can you use spellburst once per turn for this minion, or just once overall?

Because if you can activate the divine shield each turn, that is very, very powerful.

Once overall. it's like a delayed battlecry of sort.

Anyway rating, I rate this 5/5, 4/2 DS for 3 is already quite amazing, we saw a 4 mana 4/2 with DS see no play, but 1 mana difference is a lot, plus it has quite a great upside.. though it's weird in sequensing, since you can't buff it to trade, you trade and then buff it, sometimes wasting the spellburst will be the right play though.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

A nice 3-drop, but doesn't slot into any paladin archetype right now.

The divine shield granting ability is good, but I think it will rarely matter, especially as paladin does not have a real midrange strategy for this minion to go in where the ability could enable 3-for-1's.

If one emerges, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just too slow to compete with aggro decks.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• JFK's Avatar 465 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Seems pretty good in Libram Paladin since you'll likely be able to proc the effect somewhat consistently.  Definitely a bit worrying at 2 health since so many things can clear it though.

• Theodrinus's Avatar Design Finalist 365 135 Posts Joined 12/05/2019
  • GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 460 499 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

Nothing I'd consider stand-out, but it should be a nice addition to divine shield synergy. Reminds me a bit of the Glass Knight from Witchwood.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Traversing Azeroth- The Story of Kel'Thuzad

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 335 384 Posts Joined 09/24/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

as a current fan of paladin due to their cool books, I like this card since its super easy to trigger.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

If you manage to reliably get the spellburst divine shield, this minion would be op. But since it doesn't have rush, you have to wait for a turn to use the first one and with 2hp it won't be hard to get removed, before you get the  chance, I think.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Tumbleweedovski's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 260 30 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

The Glass Knight is crying in a corner.

Arena > Wild > Standard

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2063 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

the statlline alone is already great, but I wonder how the mechanic works? Will it activate on a spell even if it still has DS or do you actually have to hold off on spells until the first shield was popped?

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1054 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

The ability is a bit hard to get going sometimes, but a 3 mana 4/2 with Divine Shield is already fairly strong by itself, so it might see play.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

The main thing keeping me from really liking this card is that you can't use the Spellburst effect on the turn you play this card, which makes it much easier to deal with her. But I am probably underestimating it.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• theo333's Avatar 440 364 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

Way too slow. Maybe if this had Rush this would be valuable. But that 2 HP makes this a 3-mana waste.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

4/2 with divine shield is already pretty imposing on 3.

The spellburst effect means its possible this just gets more than 1 value trade, which is pretty nuts.

Goes into pure paladin for sure, but can it cut it in a non pure lists? Maybe in secret pally. Its just on the borderline of being good really.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

the statlline alone is already great, but I wonder how the mechanic works? Will it activate on a spell even if it still has DS or do you actually have to hold off on spells until the first shield was popped?

I think it gives it a divine shield right after you play a spell, after this is played on board.

Means if it already have a divine shield, then nothing will happen if you happen to play a spell after it. Works only once though.

• ElSabidon's Avatar 225 248 Posts Joined 06/07/2019
    Posted 4 weeks ago

Curving this card into Blessing of Kings is bonkers. And yet I'm still not so sold on the card. It's an aggressive card in a class whose best aggro tools live in Wild.

That being said, If this card plus some more aggressively stated cards are released in Paladin, they can make Librams into more of a aggressive Midrange deck rather than the slow Midrange deck we currently have that can't find a consistent spot on the metagame right now. This also synergises really well with First Day of School, which I also believe is a more aggressive oriented card.

We'll see if aggro Pally resurfaces again next expansion, but I believe this card is not the card that will make the deck but rather a card that's splashed in the deck for curve purposes (and will most likely do an amazing job at it).

Golden portraits' progress:
    (19/Apr/20) Demon Hunter - 1; Druid - 548; Hunter - 589; Mage - 401; Paladin - 518; Priest - 338; Rogue - 337; Shaman - 557; Warlock - 480; Warrior - 483

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium