Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Transfer Student

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

A new Epic Neutral Minion, Transfer Student, has been revealed! To find out what all the effects are, look in here.

Transfer Student Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• UVE's Avatar Darkmaster 415 299 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I need to see the effects, but I think that here is the meme card of the new expansion. :D

By The Holy Light!

• Lundy's Avatar 290 19 Posts Joined 06/21/2019

The old jungle board with the red gem eyed statue gives

Transfer Student:

Stealth and Poisonous.

• Grumpy000's Avatar 560 360 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

what are the effects?

I am 67 years old and still reach Legend

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 345 413 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This card seems too unreliable, so i think this is most likely a meme card. I did see in the reveal trailer that they got Plague of Flames on some board, didn't see on which board it was though. But if it can give a few good cards this might actually see play. 2/2 statline isn't bad, it is just really dependent on what spells which board gives. If there was a way to give stars for design i would have given it 5 stars, as this is the first time we get a card with this kind of effect.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1875 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Too random to put in a deck? or maybe it has strong enough effects on every board so it might be fine..

it's random but actually you know what it does which is not something HS does a lot.

I like the design but might be hard to fit in a deck cause it's inconsistent

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Almost certain to see no play, just because you have no idea what the board will be.

I assume they have decided to stop giving out powerful neutral legendaries after kael'thas, and have decided to do more marin the fox style promo cards, which is a shame.

To add to the list:

AoO gives Dormant for two turns and When this awakens, deal 3 to two random enemies

SoU gives Reborn

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• Stock's Avatar 235 108 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Dod discovers a dragon

Uldum gives random plague

Theres also one with reborn, give +1/+1, deal 2 damage

• Marega's Avatar 350 586 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

can be used for aggro decks. its gives the old sir finley battlecry in one of the boards. reborn on another etc

• Skorpionex's Avatar 230 163 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

So effects are pretty strong. Also you should remember u have smaller pool of maps in standard. Funny card who need an update every expansion. I'm curious how long can this go on?

• Grumpy000's Avatar 560 360 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

tried to put in a deck

it popped up with the battlecry "add a lackey to your hand"

So it looks the effect is decided when you draw it ...

I am 67 years old and still reach Legend

• Fedrion's Avatar Darkmaster 425 174 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

LoE = Add a random weapon to your hand

MSoG = Give a minion in your hand +2/+2

Heh, Greetings.

• JFK's Avatar 480 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Very difficult to assess since the effect cannot be relied upon, but 5 stars for creativity and uniqueness.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Now this is a card I never thought I needed, but I love it. Surprise benefits on a basic body that bring the board into the game itself. I like the idea of the atmosphere/setting of a battle having an effect on the outcome.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Buccaneer 350 421 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

So this is a big ol gamble of seeing if you get something super strong and crazy like death knight cards without Arfus and The Lich King or something kinda dinky like reborn. So while it seems good its really hard to evaluate unless you rank it on each effect.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

RNG on a whole new level...

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

it's..not really bad, is it? At worst it'll be an above curve minion and occasionally it will be the answer you need. JUsts throw it in HIghlandeer decks that want more 2-drops and it'll do just fine.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Acoander's Avatar HearthStationeer 40 4 Posts Joined 04/02/2019

Is it confirmed if you can get this in arena? Cuz this is pretty insane. There isn't a single bad effect here. Even the ''worst'' ones are perfectly fine (considering they come with a 2/2 body you only payed 2 mana for), most of them are in the very good or amazing range, and some of them are straight up broken, like the Excavation Site ( atleast really good), Uldum(alt)  or Frozen Throne boards.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1179 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Now that's a new effect type I've never seen before.

Despite the hilarity of the card, I feel like it's not actually that bad. Most of the effects are really quite solid on a 2 mana 2/2.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium