Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Cult Neophyte

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

A new Rare Neutral Minion, Cult Neophyte, has been revealed!

Cult Neophyte Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Baby loatheb is probably a lot worse, just because it doesn't deny spells in the early game in the same way. Because turn 5 is the turn on which aggro decks often win or lose based on board wipes, loatheb is usually not at a bad place in terms of cost, even though it is a 5 mana 5/5.

This is a bloodfen raptor in most cases, but interesting enough that I could very well be very wrong.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1875 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

You won't see this card played in decks, loatheb is great because it locks out a turn.. this mighj give you a game from time to time but you don't know generally and it's too prediction based such cards rarely see play.

5/5 in arena, decent stats and maybe disruption.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 345 413 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Considering this card has good aggresive stats, AND this is going to be a spell based expansion, i'm sure this will see play in every aggro deck. Every aggro deck LOVES the ability to stall out a board clear by one turn. After all that one turn can be enough to get lethal. This will see so much play, and this card is actually really good in Corrupt the Waters Shaman, because it's a battlecry. 

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

A cure little spell-tech card, but idk if it will see play.  The number of decks it counters is questionable and the effect isn't nearly as debilitating as Loatheb.  

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Basically a neutral Doomed Apprentice that only lasts one turn, but it looks like it cold be useful as another counter against those spell-heave decks like res priests and mages.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• JFK's Avatar 480 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • MenacingBagel's Avatar Buccaneer 350 421 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

I guess you could delay a pyroblast or something, but it seems kinda weak compared to other spell increasing cards however since spell burst is a thing this might be pretty good.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

A weak and very niche tech card. I can't see this make the cut in standard. 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I mean, we did this before, but this time it has vanilla stats and it doesn't need to stick around. Could see this being played in very tempo-heavy decks that just want to create any sort of advantage (and delaying any removal or card draw or whatever can be huge).

Imagine playing against Druid and coining this to prevent them from Dragon's Breath on turn 2. Suddenly their curve got messed up and they operate from behind (if ever so slightly) while you ploppe down a decent minion.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1179 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Not great.

It's better than Doomed Apprentice, but that's not saying much.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2242 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Doomed Apprentice is the obvious card to compare this to, and I don't think the difference in mana cost will make it any better.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• theo333's Avatar 440 367 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

I missed you Loatheb. With this you can delay Secret Mage for 1 more turn or that Wild Vortex Mage or cheap AOE Warlock for a turn.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 630 912 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I think this is meant to mostly be a tech card to prevent the spellburst on the following turn for your opponent.   But it is really meh.

• Shwarzinator's Avatar Island 120 71 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This card seems low key powerful. For just 2 mana and a not understatted minion you scramble your opponents ability to respond to your board, etc. Just one mana can make a huge difference. Doomed Apprentice never saw play because it cost 3 mana. This is very playable.

• Mazinger31's Avatar 220 36 Posts Joined 08/05/2019

This card has premium stats for a 2-drop, is neutral and can potentially disrupt your opponent's next turn.  Yeah, this card is an instant two-of in any aggro deck and probably an auto-include in Highlander decks as well.  It's easy tempo that costs you nothing to run.

• Xarkkal's Avatar Servant of Illidan 835 1321 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

I think we will see this card a lot more than some people think. Aggro has very little reason to not run this. 

Or we won't see it at all.

-Grade A quality review that said literally nothing.

• allthehype's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 245 401 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Quote From Xarkkal

I think we will see this card a lot more than some people think. Aggro has very little reason to not run this. 

Or we won't see it at all.

-Grade A quality review that said literally nothing.

There you said something important, aggro decks could run this to mess up their opponents removal. If that doesn't work, this is just a filler

• Elfensilver's Avatar 355 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

Sadly, tech card never see play. But could see play in some crazy-quest-combo-shaman-decks.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Its actually deceptively powerful in my opinion. Basically blocks some common tempo spells like Backstab or Seal Fate. Against druids, its just game ending. The 1 additional mana makes lots of difference in a tempo style game like hearthstone.

A reasonably good tech card that can be a staple in aggro decks. Not too bad really.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium