Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Paladin Spell - First Day of School

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

A new Common Paladin Spell, First Day of School, has been revealed!

First Day of School Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• CursedParrot's Avatar 305 542 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

If you interpret this as being a random 1 cost minion with “Battlecry: Add a random 1 cost minion to your hand”, then it seems better than Fire fly. Theres even more upsides, such as allowing you to choose which of the two to play and counting as a spell. This seems like a really good card.

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

0 mana spells should always be looked at carefully, but this one just seems mediocre.

The comparison to fire fly is probably correct, except that this card cannot fit into odd decks, so maybe this goes into some sort of spell-based paladin?

I can't imagine running this in an aggressive deck.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 345 413 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Interesting card. To me this seems like a easy 5 star, purely because 0 cost cards are always something to be carefull off. Considering it says "random  drops" does this mean even class ones? Like can this give you, for example: a mage 1 drop? Or is it just paladin/netural 1 drop? In case it's only Paladin/neutral 1 drop, it's not that good of a effect. This is a very.. interesting card.

• JFK's Avatar 480 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • MenacingBagel's Avatar Buccaneer 350 421 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

easily triggers spell burst adds possibly good units considering what we've seen so far, and synergizes with some of paladin's little spells effects.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Relatable, flavorful, and has a great chance to work with decks like mech and Librium pally. 

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• Caro's Avatar 295 258 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

This will get nerfed to 1 mana, guaranteed 

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

About the card: I am divided between "good trigger for spellburst effects" and "too much random weak 1 drops out there to be good in aggro deck, but who knows"

About the artwork: I am really confused. The short one is a gnome or a "young" dwarf, but the tall one is what exactly - a sith?

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Guaranteed turn 1 play, immensly helpful for Pure Paladin (they really only have Zealot and the occasional Libram-girl as 1-drops. This helps them so much with efficiently playing Hand of Adal)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1179 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

That's a lot of value for 0 mana.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2243 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

0 mana cards are dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if this gets nerfed to 1 mana. I am not saying this is too OP or poorly designed, it is just a lot of value for 0 mana. It can be both a good turn 1 play, or a good turn 2 play, or just a really handy way to round out your turn later in the game. If paladin ever is a good class in the meta, it will be partly because of this card.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• Cdnewlon's Avatar 55 4 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Absolutely absurd. Will be the best card in Paladin almost guaranteed and could be one of the best cards we’ve ever seen in Hearthstone. In a class that loves getting anything on board, 1 drops are at a massive premium, so they aren’t worth that much less than a normal card. With that in mind, this is just Pot of Greed. Think about Crystology. That was the best card in Paladin for a long time. This allows you to play the 1 drop you get on t1 rather than having to pass back and still gets you the same volume of cards. Sure, the cards might not be as powerful because they’re random, but the tempo advantage is HUGE. I

• theo333's Avatar 440 368 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Excellent for Pure Paladin to get neutral fodder. And for the sidequest that needs 5 minions to play.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

0 mana card that refills. But its a poor card that will likely see play only because there's little else that gives resources to paladin. Two 1 drops, at random, is really not the kind of thing you want to put into your deck, and 0 mana cards are harder to abuse in paladin.

Maybe there's some Exotic Mountseller stuff you can do with this, along with the Libram of Wisdoms, but from my own experience, its not really worth the bother.

I much rather just put and play the 1 drop I need in most cases. Still, it helps out with the early game, which is something paladin needs desperately. That it can also fit into a pure deck is a good bonus.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

There are some pretty good 1-drops, including the new Frazzled Freshman.  This card certainly has potential in aggressive decks and maybe in Pure/Libram just to have early plays more consistently.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 630 912 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I am hoping to see a lot of Angry Chicken paladins

• Synnr7's Avatar 280 62 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Strange card, 0 mana generate 2 is nice. Especially for spell burst. However one drops are a mixed bag. 

Handbuff buff? :)

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 440 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

0 mana spells are generally bonkers, but ignoring weird shenanigans with Kael'thas Sunstrider I think this will boost incredibly murloc paladin again.

• allthehype's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 245 401 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Don't know what to think about this... There are a lot of good 1-drops, especially non-neutrals, but this card will be inconsistent at it's best. You want this in your mulligan or not at all.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium