Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Animated Broomstick

• Arthas's Avatar 300 962 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Animated Broomstick, has been revealed!

Animated Broomstick Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 690 1398 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
  • allthehype's Avatar Outland Scholar 210 354 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Combo piece. Rattlegore came first to mind for some reason, but also summoning cards like Glowfly Swarm or Mass Resurrection could use this.

• Skorpionex's Avatar 225 153 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Serrated Tooth for all classes

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1213 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Its not as broken as it looks like. You still need to play and put this into your deck, and in some cases, its effect may not even swing boards. Its still a 1/1 at the end of the day. Reminds me of Serrated Tooth and that didn't see any play neither.

I'd play it in zoo, maybe as a 1 off in some midrange deck like dragon hunter.

• Elfensilver's Avatar 340 463 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

A carpet for all. Is odd-paladin still a thing?

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

The fact that this one is neutral and cost just 1 is what makes it possibly a really good card that can be put in a variety of decks/classes.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 1 month ago

Not that great. Most decks would rather run a suite of rush minions if they need removal + a body.

1 mana 1/1s are not good enough for aggro, and midrange won't like multi-card combos just to give minions rush unless they are really hurting for board clears, which seems unlikely given the density of pushed control tools already revealed.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 690 1398 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Serrated Tooth was DR, required at least (2) more to activate immediately, and it was bound to Rogue Class, which is definitely not a board-buff class.

ie compare Rogue boards with Murloc Paladin or Token Druid or Odd Paladin.

Broom is far more powerful than the dagger.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1735 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Goblin Lackey is the best card (token actually) to compare this to.

and it's actually even favorable to that card.. seems great specially in Magic Carpet decks (Warlock/Paladin)

aoe rush buff? seems powerful when your main way to fight the board are minions.

• GrayCatBlind's Avatar 75 19 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

This card is going to break something. I'm not sure what but Rush is super powerful and giving rush to all your minions on a 1 mana stick, extremely powerful.

• meisterz39's Avatar 415 577 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Clearly a very powerful battlecry, but the opportunity cost on this card might kill it. I'm not excited about top-decking this unless I have a clear way to generate a big board in the same turn. Seems similar in its purpose to Magic Carpet, but where Magic Carpet shines is in enabling you, turn over turn, to control the board with new minions while your old minions go face. A one-time effect is fine, but it's a lot less exciting, particularly with such a weak statline.

That said, In a metagame with a lot of aggro decks and a lot of aggro mirrors or midrange/aggro matches, this could be a great tech card to ensure you can control the board, and I do think this is card you'll be excited to see off of the new Paladin spell, First Day of School.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2065 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Can'T really tell if this is really broken or too gimmicky.

On one hand you look at cards like Houndmaster Shaw and Magic Carpet who have been historically very powerful despite the huge mana investment (that most often won't last longer than 1 or 2 turns). Then you take this which is the same but limited to a single turn only, but without any mana restrictions.

It might just be a valueable tech card for many decks that don't have strong single target removal. As long as you have someething to play you can turn it into a damage spell for just one more mana. It also works well with poisonous minions or those with effects upon attacking.

Big Druid might want this.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

I really like it, there are several 1 or 2 mana give a minion rush, and this is 1 mana all your minions have rush, but also you get a 1/1 added to this.
    I'm not too sure about constructed though since it is cheap for aggro but aggro doesn't generally want to trade, but seems extremely good in Arena so you can choose how the value trades are made.

• Swaggydude's Avatar 160 76 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Finally some support for the Boogiemonster.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 470 505 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

The flavor makes sense and the effect looks fun, but I just know this is going to be abused in some broken combo that we will all hate. Just don't know what it is yet, lol.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Traversing Azeroth- The Story of Kel'Thuzad

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Judicious Junior 425 754 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

this card offers a lot of potential to any class that can get a strong or wide board out. 

Zoolocks already see the Magic Carpets in play, and this is 2 mana cheaper for a 1 turn effect

Demon Hunters have that 3/1 that deals 3 damage to any friendly minion that dies 

The legendary minions from AoO that have prime forms can make use of this to guarantee sacrificing themselves to get their prime form before a transformation spell or silence hits them.

It's a versatile card that will see play, but I think the aggro decks will use it more than any other class 

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

This card has a lot of potential. You can use it either alongside a lot of minions just to give them rush, or you can use it with a specific minion if you want to use it's Deathrattle or if it has an attack trigger. This is basically a Rocket Augmerchant that hits the entire board instead of just one minion. 

I will not say right off the bat if this is broken, but it has a high chance of being used in a powerful deck.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• RandomGuy's Avatar 335 595 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Rocket Augmerchant is already a pretty reasonable card, and this is much better. Will see play.

• Xarkkal's Avatar Servant of Illidan 835 1319 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 1 month ago

Another nerf candidate. The power level of this expansion is really up a notch. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium