Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Headmaster Kel'Thuzad

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Legendary Neutral Minion, Headmaster Kel'Thuzad, has been revealed!

Headmaster Kel'Thuzad Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• meisterz39's Avatar 465 657 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Nearly vanilla stats and a powerful temp effect that reflects Kel'Thuzad's future necromancy. Seems like a great card across the board

• Horus's Avatar Scholomance Scholar 1045 1650 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Ooo! The flavor and effect are on point.
    Neutral and (5) mana open a lot of doors - interesting

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Seems really good Highlander Mage and Control Shaman or Priest.  Priest has access to very cheap removal and Shaman can get discounts on their damage removal spells.  Also adore the flavor of him using the academies signature mechanic while also referring to his necromancy.

• FenrirWulf's Avatar 195 87 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Really cool synergy with cards like Shadowflame because you resurrect the Shadowflame'd minion and get everything it kills as well. Also, I have a feeling I'm gonna see someone use Coin before playing a 6 Mana spell like Blizzard only to realize the Coin activated the Spellburst.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It's only a one-time effect, so you better pick your spell wisely, but it's certainly interesting to see a bit of priest-style resurrection going out to all classes under a tight condition. 

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• randomfan's Avatar HearthStationeer 345 95 Posts Joined 03/17/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I think this will be the nearly auto include neutral legendary for the next while. Nearly every deck runs some removal spells that can combo with this card.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 440 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I wonder if when you AoE this card is resummoned and if so if the spellburst is active again.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

In certain decks this is just better than Sylvanas Windrunner. Its basically Mind Control, with the caveat that you need to use a spell to kill the minion you want, which isn't really that hard to imagine.

Aside from that its also a 4/6 for 5, which is already good enough to see inclusion.

Its just going to be in nearly every deck bar the most aggro of aggro.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 450 863 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

AH HECK YEAH this is a really strong card.

all the classes have good spell removal available, it'll be hard to NOT see a class besides tempo DH use this guy

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1179 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Now this looks like a pretty cool card. Pair it with some AoE and you can swing the board quite a bit.

• Synnr7's Avatar 280 62 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I think this will do the best in Priest with their cheap destruction in the shadow word cards. (i.e Shadow Word: Ruin) but this also has interesting effects with cards like Conjurer's Calling or even Sacrificial Pact.

Really fun card. Will definitely be a craft for me.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• JackJimson's Avatar 245 296 Posts Joined 11/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From dapperdog

In certain decks this is just better than Sylvanas Windrunner. Its basically Mind Control, with the caveat that you need to use a spell to kill the minion you want, which isn't really that hard to imagine.

Same thoughts. A stronger but conditional/combo version of Sylvanas with the exception that you don't deny the opponent's deathrattle effect. 

Good with decks with good removal or strong AOE. Insane swing potential.

So far, this is my first must craft card this expansion.

• Nokt's Avatar 80 32 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Now to fight the temptation to craft a golden copy!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Nice stats for neutral Legendary. Some classes definitely can "destroy minions" with a 5 or less costing spell. It can make for a nice swingy turns. I like it.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• PopeNeia's Avatar Darkmaster 275 373 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I can already tell I will end up hating this card.

This ain't no place for a hero

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From FenrirWulf

Really cool synergy with cards like Shadowflame because you resurrect the Shadowflame'd minion and get everything it kills as well. Also, I have a feeling I'm gonna see someone use Coin before playing a 6 Mana spell like Blizzard only to realize the Coin activated the Spellburst.

does that work though? Doesn't Shadowflame kill Kel before the Spellburst activates?

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Yeah this is going to be huge for control decks, especially ones with cheap big removal. Can see this being used in Mage, Warrior, Warlock Priest and Shaman (maybe even Rogue)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 580 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Seems like. Pretty decent card, though there’s not really that many easy ways to play a big board clear with him, so the swing turn shouldn’t be that big

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Elfensilver's Avatar 355 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It says nothing about enemy minions-meaning he works well with symmetric effects. Which is also creepyly flavorful. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium