Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Mage Minion - Mozaki, Master Duelist

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Legendary Mage Minion, Mozaki, Master Duelist, has been revealed!

Mozaki, Master Duelist Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Academy Sleuth 1050 1863 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

Well, this card is ... beyond insane.

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire: Out of Cards Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Well it looks slow at first, but most mage Decks (at least right now) not the fast ones and more midrange/control.

8 Health is also hard to remove for most classes so i would say this card is good! In combination with cheap spells this could be realy bonkers.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• allthehype's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 245 401 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Good stats but very slow. Good combo potential, could be interesting in cyclone-style decks.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This card is just nuts. In aggro matches just play this massive 3/8, and if you don't belly up you're likely to win the next turn if this sticks.

In other matches, just keep everything in hand, drop this + Sorcerer's Apprentice and go to town with cheap spells. Reload with Evocation or Mana Cyclone if needed.

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

This card looks really good, but compared to flamewalker I'm not actually sure how pushed this is when it isn't being used in an OTK.

It might not make it into quest mage, but this probably enables a good number of thaurissan-less OTKs with the right hand of cheap spells.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• Grumpy000's Avatar 560 360 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

With a dedicated deck will be insane ...

I am 67 years old and still reach Legend

• Meteorite12's Avatar 580 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Looks really scary, too expensive in my opinion to be that big of a problem though. Plenty of options to kill things by turn 5 too, so it usually wouldn’t stick

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I'm gonna evaluate it low, but it has potential.

Obviously you run a small spell deck with Apprentice and as much draw as you can reasonably muster (perhaps the return of Elemental Allies?).

The real problem is what do you do with said spellpower at the end of the day? If you play this with Apprentice you have at best 3-mana left...and Mage only has 2 damaging spells that fit into that slot: Fireball and Frostbolt.

So even if a dedicated combo deck would work, the most you can do would be: This + 2x Apprentice using 4 cheap spells (with double Frostbolt in hand) and then using Mana Cyclone to get some more for let's say approximately +5-6 spell damage on average (in a 10-card combo) which doesn't kill anything.

At 5-mana it's also difficult to combo with boardclears so that fallss through as well (Arcane Explosion already had that kind of support and still saw no play at all).

So at the end of the day this is a win condition for a really weak and RNG dependant deck. Mage doesn't even have enough draw to make it work.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• meisterz39's Avatar 465 657 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Vanilla stats with a defensive bent, and a crazy snowball effect. Mozaki looks like a solid win condition for any Spell Cyclone deck.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

+ spell damage was never a thing (except the old freeze mage back in the days). This card needs a lot of support and kinda time on board to shine. I am not conviced it will have it late game (even with 8hp). But I like the flavor and I hope someone tries and make this one work.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Elfensilver's Avatar 355 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Very defensily statted, won't be taken out by single spells. Could make an OTK-deck possible.

• Bengalaas's Avatar 65 19 Posts Joined 08/06/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It looks like a good finisher for Cyclone mage.

I hope no ridiculous OTK deck gets discovered because it would be a shame for such a cool card to get nerfed.

• Stock's Avatar 235 108 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Wild Quest Mage just got even more broken. Cool. Pls cap Sorcerer's Apprentice reduction to "no less than 1 mana". And do the same with Mechwarper , while we at it.

• MenacingBagel's Avatar Buccaneer 350 421 Posts Joined 09/24/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Super snowballey if she can start getting off, I could see this being run as a soft taunt/ build your own Malygos. Since mage can possibly barf up 10 spells or something in a turn with their cost reduction, evocation, etc I think this could be powerful. 

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2244 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

In wild it is possible to play an entire hand full of spells twice in one turn for very little mana, so it is entirely possible that you could get Spell Damage +5 or better the turn you player her. At that point though you could just as easily play Time Warp and get an extra turn, so I don't imagine she will make much of a splash in wild. I can't say much for standard.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 440 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

At least if has high HP for its value.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Wow! Talk about small spell combo material! I just know this is going to become a key part of decks like OTK mage that like to cast a lot of spells in one turn.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• Dermostatic's Avatar HearthStationeer 320 170 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

The effect is fantastic, but it'll be insta-removed by any deck that has the means. Granted, 8 Health is quite sturdy. I'm not good enough to see an OTK combo just yet, but I'm sure there's one in Wild that'll have this nerfed in no time.

Started playing HS in May, 2015. The bad news: I missed the excitement of 'Naxx out?' and GvG. The good news: I never met an Undertaker.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 450 863 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This card is deceptively strong, because the spell you cast with her on board will automatically have spell power + 1 ! 

This means that arcane missiles will shoot at least 4, Ray of Frost will do 4 damage to a minion that's frozen, Arcane Breath deals at least 3, etc.

Mage also has ways to discount spells with the Sorcerer's Apprentice and Incanter's flow, which can make the cheapest spells free and the medium cost spells to be cheap, so I think running cards like fireball or Rolling Fireball with this lady isn't completely unviable. 

That said, like some players have already pointed out, this cards weakness is not the lack of damaging spells in a Mage deck, but the lack of draw available in standard.

In wild Mage still has Stargazer Luna along with a plethora of cheap spells that would help keep this machine running, but standard does not have a substitute for that outside of good old Gadgetzan Auctioneer or Elemental Allies (which requires a specific deck build) so far. 

There's always the option to refill your hand with spells from Cyclone or Evocation but more often than not they're too expensive to fire them all. 

I do see this card being partnered up with violet spellwing for some easy and cheap spelldamage gain, however. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium