Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Demon Hunter Spell - Glide

• Arthas's Avatar 300 957 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

A new Rare Demon Hunter Spell, Glide, has been revealed!

Glide Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Draketh's Avatar Darkmaster 245 276 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Nice reload tool, and a great counter to control decks with a nearly full hand

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 465 502 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Not only is this a great-- possibly OP-- disruption for your opponent's hand and a redraw for yours, but it works wonderfully with cards that grow when someone draws a card, like Daring Reporter, for example.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Traversing Azeroth- The Story of Kel'Thuzad

• Grumpy000's Avatar 495 326 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

interesting ... but hard to find a suitable deck

I am 67 years old and still reach Legend

• Xarkkal's Avatar Servant of Illidan 835 1319 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh my god this is going to be so fucking annoying! Why did they print this??? 

With the amount of card draw DH has, giving them the ability to put their opponent's cards back into their deck is just fucking insane. This card alone can win you a game by ruining your opponent's game plan. 

• Tuscarora87's Avatar 135 104 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

They can't be this stupid, right?

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Seems insanely good for me, nice reload for aggro, while being a way to really ruin the opponent's day (maybe) if they have a big hand.. or maybe you just made them draw an answer to your board.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 600 836 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

A total tech card.  But this can certainly disrupt control decks really hard, especially Priest and Warlock decks as they rely on being able to control their hand... and this card just resets their hard work at manipulating that. 

The caveat to that is obvious, you go against Face Hunter and you're resetting their hand of hate for you.  

The only real question I have is in situations when someone had triggered cards like Dragonqueen Alexstrasza or Galakrond, the Nightmare, will those card remain a cost of (1), or will it get reset?  I would imagine that it would have the same effect as Shirvallah, the Tiger as those cards directly state that they will change the cost of the card to (1).  Guess we will find out. 

• theo333's Avatar 440 364 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
  • Tuscarora87's Avatar 135 104 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Disrupt control decks? You'll never see control decks ever again.

• Erodos's Avatar 360 408 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Very hard card to evaluate, DH doesn't really need more card draw right now, but it's such a cool disruption tool.

• duppie's Avatar HearthStationeer 205 210 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

huhhhh wow.  that's a card.  

My first impression is, I kind of hate it.  Hand disruption has never been a big thing in hearthstone and I liked that about it.  

But also it's not as insane as you might think.  I mean if you're against control, they're jamming their cheap cards against your cheap cards.  you spend 4 mana to play this, they send all their expensive cards back into their deck and draw 4 new ones, possibly a better hand and they get the first turn full of mana crystals to spend on them.  In fact, it promotes them to just jam all their stuff and put you in a situation where if you refill, you refill for them to.  only residentsleeper decks like priest have a lot of cards in hand that they don't want to draw back

think about modern demon hunter games.  how often are you playing a game against demon hunter where you have a lot of cards in your hand and want to keep it that way, and you're not getting slaughtered?  

it's super hard to evaluate this.  but at the end of the day it's a Jeeves like refill for low curve aggro demon hunter so it's going to see play I think.  

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 weeks ago

What a cool card. Really interesting way of disrupting your opponent, and replacing useless cards.

As with all Demon Hunter cards, I have no idea what a competitive non-odd demon hunter looks like, and given that this card is quite aggressive and that I'm not sure it's enough to push demon hunters away from the odd package for aggro, I think this might see very little play.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Super strong card...this is a meta breaking card for sure. It's a super counter to controll deck and can be used in aggressive deck to draw more. 5 stars for sure

• Me0203's Avatar Funnel Cakes 355 146 Posts Joined 06/13/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Thanks. I hate it.

Better call Thrall!

• Elfensilver's Avatar 340 462 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

A Plot Twist for 2 mana more, and possible reduction of handsize - if it's not in outcast position. You could possible even make an endless DH in wild with Ellek. Or if you are playing control against control (like 5 expansion from today that could be possible) you stave of fatigue by some turns.

If it is in outcast position, this most likely destroys your opponents turn.

While interesting, I suppose it will show up in tournament decks as a specific tech card, and nowhere else. For drawing 3 cards, there is already Skull of Gul'dan.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

I really like it, if you don't want to give your opponent cards, you need to try to play this without outcast, in difference than other outcast cards, but maybe they have a full hand and now you DO want the outcast.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Strong for draw when you're low on cards and disrupting your opponent's hand.

Although it does have some timing because maybe you actually don't want your opponent to draw the cards.

• aposteljoe's Avatar 110 40 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

So QuesWL's time is over I guess.

What a nasty card. Do they their on game at Blizz? This card is rage quit level 9000!

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 weeks ago

Oh for the love Yogg.  It acts as a hand refresh for aggro DH AND disrupts the enemy, possibly depriving them of board control or sustain tools they need to survive against the DH onslaught.  I was hyped for this set, even after seeing some pretty strong cards, but this card looks extremely anti-fun.  Can't they just change the outcast to more draw or something?  Why does it have to be one of the strongest disruption tools in the game's history?  All we can do is pray that the card is no where near as strong as it looks.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium