Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Warrior Minion - Playmaker

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 460 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Epic Warrior Minion, Playmaker, has been revealed!

Playmaker Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• dapperdog's Avatar 780 1358 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

too bad Bloodsworn Mercenary still exist in standard.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Maybe blizz is hiding some ridiculously overpowered rush minion somewhere down the line, but even then Id rate bloodsworn merc higher than this.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 590 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I don’t see it being all too great. Usually combo cards need to be able to stand on their own to be worth running, and without a good rush minion in hand, this is basically worthless

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Some sort of wacky board clear, I guess. Or maybe they will give us some rush minions that has cool effects to combine with this one?

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Potential to be a strong addition to the most recent Warrior lists. Good Stats and the ability is not bad.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 995 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

besides the obvious comparison to Bloodsworn I think this is just generally too situational.

You have to combo it with a rush minion, meaning it won't come online until 7-mana usually.

Granted, it's a better way to get more Kargaths but that's about it.

There's no way you can throw this out on 3 and expect it to live

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 345 326 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

As it stands there are only Restless Mummy and Kargath as good Rush minions if I recall.  As such, I don't see this being especially helpful despite the value it can provide since Bloodsworn Mercenary is already run for similar purposes.  That said, if a strong and cheap Rush minion is printed, then this card will almost definitely see play as well.

• JFK's Avatar 560 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • economicaooc's Avatar 285 360 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Not great, even though the statline is fine for 3 mana.

Copying a rush minion is, at best, going be a one sided board clear for two cards and 7 - 8 mana. There isn`t a warrior deck that needs that kind of effect right now, but if there is, it would probably be the midrange pirate warrior with greenskin, where this is an okay anti-aggro tool.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• Elfensilver's Avatar 365 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Won't see play, just 100 dust right here. 

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 1025 1877 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From BloodMefist

As it stands there are only Restless Mummy and Kargath as good Rush minions if I recall.  As such, I don't see this being especially helpful despite the value it can provide since Bloodsworn Mercenary is already run for similar purposes.  That said, if a strong and cheap Rush minion is printed, then this card will almost definitely see play as well.

it's quite insane with Restless Mummy, you get more procs of that strategy.. if this survives turn 3 the restless mummy is gonna destroy any early game board.

• Dermostatic's Avatar HearthStationeer 330 173 Posts Joined 03/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It's... fine, I guess? 4/3 for (3) is a strong statline, but the effect isn't easy to make work. Most games this'll manage to affect 1 Rush minion at best before being removed. Perhaps there's something I'm not seeing, but for me, this is one of the weaker cards revealed so far.

Started playing HS in May, 2015. The bad news: I missed the excitement of 'Naxx out?' and GvG. The good news: I never met an Undertaker.

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 405 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Bloodsworn Mercenary is way to strong in the same 3 mana spot, also Playmaker require a rush minion. So I think until Bloodsworn Mercenary will left standard, Playmaker are going to struggle to find a spot in a deck

• Pezman's Avatar 825 807 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Well this card will get some boards cleared, that's for sure. Will be totally bonkers for Restless Mummy.

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Academy Sleuth 1090 1870 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

Probably not good enough for Standard, but an amazing Arena card.

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire: Out of Cards Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 385 414 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This seems really good with the newly revealed legendary. It's unfortunate that Bloodsworn Mercenary is still in standard, but i feel like this new card might be better, if there will be even more good rush minions shown. Just a good card.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 315 455 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Good Stats for the cost and great effect, specially with things like Restless Mummy

• KANSAS's Avatar 1150 2252 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I don't see this card being played. The benefit isn't worth the setup. Nobody wants to hold a rush minion in their hand any longer then they have to. And there aren't even that many good rush minions to play this with.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 515 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

To be perfectly honest, I'm currently not sure what flavor this card is going for. I'll have to learn what a playmaker is. Effect is ok, I guess. Good for extra damage against high-level minions where you don't expect or intend for the rush minion to survive. 

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• allthehype's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 265 401 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Nice effect! There is some very high potential value here, this could really shine in the right deck. Remains to be seen wether Warrior have enough rush minions to make use of this.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium