New Rogue & Warrior Minion - Doctor Krastinov

Scholomance Academy
  • PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 810 1224 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 2 years, 4 months ago

A rush minion that has an effect when it attacks and not just kills something is a strong rush minion.

Comparing it to Darius Crowley that has the same base stat line for cost, this minion seems stronger because it doesn't have the caveat of "attacking and killing and enemy minion". Doctor Krastinov JUST needs to attack for the effect to go off. 

We've already seen two minions with synergies with this legendary - Steel dancer and Playmaker - both summon minions either based on your weapons attack or summons copies of rush minions. 

for it's effect there's players debating whether this is better or worse than Capt. Greenskin, both that the same cost, Greenskin is slightly more aggressively statted but only has a battlecry that can be activated once. Due to Krastinov's aggressive nature and weak health line he'll also most likely only go off once without some assistance - there's possibly a deck that would have you run both minions, but not if it's in a dedicated aggro pirate deck that's been popular since AoO - Krastinov will most likely shine in a deck that focuses on gaining value with Hack the System  or Armored Goon than just simple rush down playstyle.

Krastinov also shines with cards from the Rastakhan's Rumble set, spirit of the Rhino and Akali, the Rhino, that will make him either immune or give him a +5/+5 buff to increase weapon attack and durability gain

• duppie's Avatar HearthStationeer 320 240 Posts Joined 04/02/2019

I think tempo warrior will still exist in some form because it has a sick core of cards and I think this goes in with it.  It's just a better greenskin.  Greenskin is better when your opponent doesn't have a board at all but that's kind of a win on it's own.  4/4 with rush has very little chance of sticking but the fact that it gets more value if it's not is strong.  

Warrior is playing it.  Not sure about Rogue, they'd have to get a really good weapon for this to be worth playing.

good card.

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 935 1017 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Will be very good in Bomb Warrior to boost your Wrenchcalibur, don't see it being played in Rogue.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Old God Fanatic 825 722 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This seems pretty meh for Rogue, but crazy good in Warrior.  Corsair Cache tutors weapons you want already and even gives them the durability to still be in play on turn 5, assuming you play the weapon on turn 3 and attack each turn.  Wrechcaliber, Livewire Lance, and Ancharr do really well with added durability, but Rogue weapons that have seen play have had Deathrattles, such as Wagle Pick, which this sort of anti-synergizes with.  That said, the aggressive power this card provides could let it see play in tempo Rogue lists.  It's 100% in aggressive Warrior decks though.

• meisterz39's Avatar 925 1200 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Doctor Krastinov seems fine. There are probably cases where this is better than playing Captain Greenskin, but not being a pirate could be a downside for synergy cards. Ultimately not a super compelling card.

• Horus's Avatar Wizard 2475 3009 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Any weaponry can benefit from a good tempo play - I like this a lot

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• Vandaren's Avatar 620 636 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

A niche legendary, but get the job done with potential snowball so it's a yes.

• Yusuke's Avatar 270 183 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon

Better greenskin except it doesn't have the pirate tag.. so if you don't care about that pirate tag it's that.. also goes well with all the new expansion dual class cards so far.

It's more conditional than Greenskin. If the enemys (likely in Priest or Mage) has no board on T5, then you won't get your weapon buffed. This card can be better than Greenskin, but it's unlikely and most of the time it is like Greenskin with the upside that he has rush.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar Ancestral Recall 1580 2271 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Yusuke
    Quote From DoubleSummon

Better greenskin except it doesn't have the pirate tag.. so if you don't care about that pirate tag it's that.. also goes well with all the new expansion dual class cards so far.

It's more conditional than Greenskin. If the enemys (likely in Priest or Mage) has no board on T5, then you won't get your weapon buffed. This card can be better than Greenskin, but it's unlikely and most of the time it is like Greenskin with the upside that he has rush.

Oh yeah.. that's a thing too but 90% of the time people play something on turn 5

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 715 633 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

An alternative card to Captain GreenskinDoctor Krastinov is pro-active and can be used in combo with Playmaker; Captain Greenskin instead have Pirate Tag that ensure him to be draw from [Hearthstone Card (Ancharr) Not Found].

Both card are valid....so depend from the deck

• FaytFFX's Avatar 405 191 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

All of this weapon stuff is starting to make me worry...

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• linkinboy0's Avatar Headmaster 1160 473 Posts Joined 07/07/2019

Really like it!

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 980 781 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Not sold on it, but a good concept

Lemushki - The one and only since the 2006 rebranding.

• Valord's Avatar 465 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It's ok in Rogue, but it's insane with some of Warrior weapons.

• theo333's Avatar Outlandish Rager 945 761 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Some Windfury will be nice.

Otherwise I can see Thief Rogue using this to buff Spectral Cutlass Card Image

• Janusi's Avatar Face Collector 595 225 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I wonder if you wouldn't play both this card and Captain Greenskin. It would increase the consistency of your deck.

• melon101's Avatar 180 47 Posts Joined 06/19/2019

Really strong for Warrior. Never see play in Rogue.

"My winged children fill the skies."

"A hundred kings will rise again!"
    "Who knows what secrets we'll uncover?"

"The stars align!"
    "The stars align!"

• Fisguinho's Avatar The Raven 1190 411 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Good for smork decks i guess, can help you clear while giving you extra stats on your weapon, stats bellow what i expected of a 5 cost

All hail the banshee queen.

• ChocolateChipCooke's Avatar Unicorn Reveler 1160 337 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I initially thought this was pretty average, but I've sat on this for a little and think this is pretty strong.

Anytime I see pros put cards in refined archetypes for wild (Odd Rogue), it makes me re-evaluate my thoughts.

This is more versatile than Captain Greenskin, so I see why it will likely take his spot.

• Safiron's Avatar Devoted Academic 620 156 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Such a powerful card. Might bring back the ooze meta.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.