Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Demon Hunter Minion - Star Student Stelina

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Legendary Demon Hunter Minion, Star Student Stelina, has been revealed!

Star Student Stelina Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• kramerofboandls's Avatar HearthStationeer 325 214 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

That will be a hated card... 

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Another even-costed card for demon hunter, and hand disruption seems to be a theme for them this expansion.

Because the card is shuffled back, not discarded, this can't really do anything to stop combos and won't be incredibly important for a slower deck.

In a faster deck, I think loatheb is nearly always a better pick for a disruption card, especially as it is odd, not even.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• UVE's Avatar Darkmaster 425 302 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Neat and powerfull effect and can fit in lots of archetypes.

And... Ragequit potential!

By The Holy Light!

• duppie's Avatar HearthStationeer 205 212 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

People are going to hate this.  I kind of like it though.  It's not as "scary" as glide. It's a strong MTG black aggro style card. 

I think it's seeing some play.  4 mana 4/3 is slow but it is an automatic 2 for 1 if not better, and it can hit key cards for the matchup or just power cards in general. 

It has to be outcast though, and outcast becomes a bigger deal more and more the higher the cost of the card.  you aren't that happy dropping this without the outcast.   

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 365 414 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

OKAY what the?!?!? Okay so this is super annoying and will get hated.. A LOT. Decent stats as well. At least it's an outcast card, but we all know the outcast condition is pretty easy to complete in DH. This will CERTAINLY see play in aggro/tempo DH so completely ignore/remove a board clear from your opponents hand. Actually no, this will see 100% Play-rate in every. single. DH. Deck. Till. It. Rotates.

Needless to say, this will CERTAINLY end up getting nerfed. This is basicly Madame Lazul, but WAY BETTER.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1135 2246 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I am not sure how good this card will be, but it will be very, very frustrating to play against. Nobody likes to have their cards taken away.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• Erodos's Avatar 360 412 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This card is very bad, but it will feel even worse when played against you.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 710 1435 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Powerful, unpleasant, and on top of that it's DH Class card.

Like, new class gets everything better and stronger than ever.

Other classes wait for years to see archetypes taking the shape of a silly potato after several releases, and DH after two expansions already has it all.

I mean, we're already past the danger of the new class falling flat upon release. We don't need these cards in the game.

This is more like Hatestone.

• grayghost39's Avatar 80 19 Posts Joined 03/26/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

This card seems kinda bad. It does nothing unless you Outcast it, which at 4 mana is harder early in the game when an aggro or tempo deck would want to do something like this (like shuffle a Brawl on turn 4 going into turn 5). Sure, there is a chance you nail a power card, but what if you don't? You only get to look at 3 cards, and sure, 3 out of 6 or 7 are decent odds, but are they decent enough to deal with getting nothing out of this? Even if you do pull it off, you just get a 4/3. I think I would rather just freezing something to get the 4/3. 

I think it might be un-fun, but I like that they are experimenting with expanding the design space. This feels like a safer way to experiment with this than Glide, which feels far more extreme. 

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 455 864 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

The cost and stat line of Professor Putricide, with an effect that's more powerful than Madame Lazul's with the outcast requirement.

having knowledge of your opponents hand is always valuable, and being able to remove a strong card against a control or combo matchup is HUGE. 

That said despite her powerful ability I do not see this minion in the current Tempo DH lists that have been used to climb legend. this effect, cost and statline seems more in tune with a mid-range DH deck than the aggressive tempo deck. 

What's more this legendary minion is not a win condition such as Altruis or Kayne Sunfury, but will help you win more by planning around your opponents cards in hand. 

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Why is anyone making the argument that Outcast is in any way a setback?

You throw this into the same deck as glide where you run only the lowest curve possible (Skull no longer necessary). Then you just play this at any point and remove one way for your opponent to beat you. There's pretty much 0-chance that this won't hit something important.

This will either get nerfed to 5 or 6 mana within a week or get reworked entirely to just swap the card with one in the deck (so you can't actually remove a card from their hand with no counterplay)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Wow - good card , but only if you use it with Outcast! I mean the stats are good for 4 Mana so i guess it would not be to bad to tempo play this card but if you use it with the Outcast it is hella strong - at least in my oppinion :) 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

What's up with DH manipulating their opponents hand? I hate this one already.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Elfensilver's Avatar 355 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Oh, come on! They're just trying to make DH as hated as possible! But I love the flavor. 

• Me0203's Avatar Funnel Cakes 365 170 Posts Joined 06/13/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Thanks. I hate this one, too.

Better call Thrall!

• Neoguli's Avatar Champion of Runeterra 305 220 Posts Joined 06/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This starts to get sweaty, but I'm not raging, and well I shouldn't. This is a sort of combo disruption. It can definitely cause some middle finger moments, but because it's Discover, it's harder to get the card you want to shuffle into their deck. It's similarly statted to Madame Lazul, with +1 in every stat and a slightly different effect of causing disruption instead of getting a copy of the card.

I still remember a Reddit post about card advantage in HS and why it's not as important. Nice, but not meta defining. If gathering intel was huge, Lazul and Chameleos would've been metawarping. But because of how combat resolves in HS, hand knowledge is less impactful.

And let's not forget DH is driven by tempo. This can give you some through disruption, but it's unreliable this way. You want consistency.

Also, Glide into this to make your opponent have 4 cards next turn? xd

3.5/5

Hearthcards deck creating enthusiast. Also previously known on Hearthpwn as Cooler39140 and Huoyan.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 446 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

So....if you don't have outcast it does nothing?

• Duke's Avatar 115 68 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I am also not so sure about this. This card's success depends on many factors like outcast, hitting the right cards at the right time and so on.

Sure it can produce some crucial plays, preventing a reno on turn 6 to save your board for example. 

But you could achieve the same effect more easily with a mana burn and actually do something for tempo. 

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 995 1877 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Disruption is interesting, seriously people fear their hand and deck being tinkered with but it's ok in my opinion for such stuff to exist. but that being said I will get bashed cause I am not scared of such cards and glide so:

OMG OP nooo my hand is being countered.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium