Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Rogue Spell - Secret Passage

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 445 1083 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago

A new Epic Rogue Spell, Secret Passage, has been revealed!

Secret Passage Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

They are getting wacky on the ideas. I like it.

I don't think this is that strong tho - unless you are searching for an answers to the board / potential lethals... but still I doubt it. Not in rogue.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1856 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Seems like a really fun card, if you exhausted your hand you get to draw 5 more and look at answers.

Reminds me of Myra's Unstable Element though.. about the lethal finding.

What happens if you cast this spell twice?

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

so basically that one 0-mana spell from the Uldum Dungeon Run.

NOt bad at all, great for finding outs, answers or just generally filling your curve if need be.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• UVE's Avatar Darkmaster 415 297 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

That card will be a headache. Tempo Rogue can search lethals with that card.

By The Holy Light!

• biggerbossman's Avatar 80 18 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Wait. Does this draw you 5, with an empty hand? If so, this might push aggro rogue into viability. Double evis, double cold blood, shadowsteps and wolfriders. Nasty.

• Duke's Avatar 115 68 Posts Joined 05/31/2019

Love this card. In aggro rogue you can look for lethal or just cheat your way out of a clunky hand.

I compare it to tracking or evocation. Same cost but not recommended in the very early stages unless you're in  dire need of a backstab or a sap . 

And you won't discard any cards. 

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 439 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Wondering the same, also if had 5 cards and you play this and then play a card, do you get your 5 previous cards back or do you get 4?

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2221 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I think this card will be crazy powerful. Evocation is so good because it is one single card that can fill your entire turn. This does the same thing only they aren't random cards, and you can have multiple copies in your deck. 

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• theo333's Avatar 440 365 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Combo Rogue once again returns. Lackeys will be even more insufferable.

Kidnapper Card Image VIABLE!

• Elfensilver's Avatar 355 479 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

With all the swabbing of hand and deck, I think we'll even see a legendary for this theme.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1856 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From biggerbossman

Wait. Does this draw you 5, with an empty hand? If so, this might push aggro rogue into viability. Double evis, double cold blood, shadowsteps and wolfriders. Nasty.

why play wolfriders? when deckhands exist? anyway it will be similar to how myra was used.

• biggerbossman's Avatar 80 18 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Had deckhands in my initial list but I cut them out because they can't close out games as efficiently as riders. Also, the riders synergize better with Tog's Pick. I can PM you my list if you want to check it out.

Yeah, figured they'd be played like Myra's. Looking forward to slotting 2 of these in.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 324 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Pretty cool pseudo-refill that also synerigizes with Rogue's ability to shuffle cards into their deck, I like!

• economicaooc's Avatar 260 343 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

1 mana super soularium, and this one isn't legendary.

Looking forward to trying this in odd rogue.

This might be useful in some sort of combo, but I can't think of what right now.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 480 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I'm not sure how to use this aside from getting a temporary hand of cards for when you don't have what you need at the moment. That's kind of cool, I guess.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• Meteorite12's Avatar 580 682 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Looks pretty useful, since you could use it to try to draw into an important card (like a galakrond or kronx) that you haven’t drawn yet, or just outright searching for lethal. Either way, chances are you’ll get something nice to play from it

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 445 846 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

So from the trailer this card does not make duplicates of your deck, but helps you draw a substitute hand for a turn.

it's not as powerful as Myra's Unstable element since it doesn't thin your entire deck, but it could be used to find a quick solution for a problem on your opponents side of the board or possibly add additional threat on your side.

Galakrond decks may see some use for this card since it will help increase the chances of drawing the cards needed to invoke Galakrond, especially if it means you can go off with a fully invoked Galakron on turn 7.

Highlander MAY see this since it might be used to fish Zephyrs, Miracle can absolutely use this to find that clutch tool they need

It's cheap and flexible, I would be surprised if it doesn't find a home in a ladder deck

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Academy Sleuth 1040 1838 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

Very similar to The Soularium, but you dont discard any cards. You do need to play whatever you were going to play before this tho. Still, being so cheap, im sure it will find its way into plenty of decks.

~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Pezman's Avatar 615 787 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I'm on the fence with this one. I can see it being amazing, or useless. I'm intrigued by the concept and look forward to testing it out.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium