Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Warlock Minion - Void Drinker

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 460 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

A new Epic Warlock Minion, Void Drinker, has been revealed!

Void Drinker Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• KANSAS's Avatar 1150 2252 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I think a 5 mana 7/8 with Taunt is enough for a Soul Fragment deck to be viable. This card can stop aggro decks by itself, and one hit is almost 1/4th of your opponents life gone. 

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 385 414 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Amazing card. This is going to make control Warlock really good.

Soul Fragments look really good for Warlock, as they give you health back after tapping your hero-power. But this helps you prevent a LOT of damage from board. This is a really good pay-off if you ask me. And it's a demon, which means you can ress it with the Prime legendary. If you don't have a Soul Fragment in your deck, than you still won't feel that bad playing it. 5 mana 4/5 taunts are quite common these days. (Shield of Galakrond). I fee like this card will see a lot of play.

• economicaooc's Avatar 285 360 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Very efficient when it is active, maybe enough that a slower warlock deck running School Spirits and Soul Shear could use it as an anti-aggro tool.

As for aggro, the enablers are just too slow for this to see a lot of play.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 995 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This looks kinda nuts to be honest. It's an Earth Elemental without Overload in any dedicated Soul fragment deck

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 315 455 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This is good, even if you don't have fragments it's not a bad card to just drop for the stats and the taunt. But if you DO have a fragment oh boy.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 345 326 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Yeah, this card is super strong.  Getting rid of 2 healing to get +3/+3 on a taunt is massive.  This thing basically helps take up the hole left by Mountain Giant in slower Warlock lists, but can even be a big swing minion in some zoo lists.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 1000 1186 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Definitely include it in any Fragment deck since it's basically just Earth Elemental without the Overload (the reason Earth Elemental almost never saw play in the first place).

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Niiiice. Those soul fragments might be worth to build a deck around.

7/8 taunt on t5/t4 just makes you look for a reliable way to put some of those sweet fragments in your deck prior to dropping that bomb on the board.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 950 703 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 3 months ago

Seems kinda busted. The cards that create Soul Fragments are solid in itself, so there's not really any drawbacks in running them. I'd daresay the battlecry might get a nerf to +2/+2 at some point, unless the meta pushes Fragment Warlocks out before that and the card never gets to shine.

• Erodos's Avatar 380 415 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Pretty good in a control warlock, but not sure if it's worth running over Abyssal Summoner. Maybe alongside it.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 1025 1877 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

this card= tempo and tempo=good. earth elemental without overload? just play one of the fragment cards? easy to do actually..

5 mana 7/8 with overload (0) :D

• meisterz39's Avatar 530 657 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

This seems very easy to trigger thanks to being a 5-drop, so most of the time this Earth Elemental with no downside. Great card, staple for the archetype.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 485 871 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It's fairly vanilla stats for cost - Shield of Galakrond sees play as a 4/5 taunt but only because of it's beneficial battlecry and invoke keyword.

It's demon tribal tag allows for it to be generated off of Call of the void, or even duplicated with Felosophy (with +1/+1 if played with the Outcast ability). They can also be generated from the Dark Council, which will make it a 6/8 with taunt instead, but your RNG will have to be lucky for that to happen.

If it destroys a soul fragment in your deck it becomes a massive 7/8, which is the stats of the Earth Elemental without the Overload penalty next turn.

I believe that the soul fragments for warlock were already going to see play with their synergy with the flesh giants, and these will have to be an auto-include as well.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 590 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

Looks pretty nice, and it’s especially nice to see them pushing the wild deck a bit more away from Voidcallers and Gul’dan.

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Vandaren's Avatar 345 565 Posts Joined 06/05/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I think the biggest pay off card for soul fragment lock so far, this one will most likely be the reason that soul-lock become competitive.

• Dunyil's Avatar 130 36 Posts Joined 08/03/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

I feel like it should be +2/+2 or destroy 2 soul fragments for +3/+3

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

This looks kinda nuts to be honest. It's an Earth Elemental without Overload in any dedicated Soul fragment deck

Exactly my thoughts!

This is very strong and i think Soul Fragment-Lock will be a thing!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• dapperdog's Avatar 780 1358 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 3 months ago

It has taunt, and its a big demon very reminiscent of Hooked Reaver, and that card was for the most part considered to be a strong inclusion. This one has 1 more health, and tied to a condition that is easily enough to be satisfied. Even if its not a 7/8 its still a decent taunt on 5, which warlock can appreciate.

If soul fragments is the deck, then I can't see why this wouldn't make the inclusion.

• Shily's Avatar 60 13 Posts Joined 07/27/2020
    Posted 3 months ago

Oh my! 7/8 for 5 mana almost without restrictions and one small condition. Yeah, count me in baby.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium