Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Demon Hunter Minion - Soulshard Lapidary

• Arthas's Avatar 300 962 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

A new Common Demon Hunter Minion, Soulshard Lapidary, has been revealed!

Soulshard Lapidary Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

This card reminds me of Glaivebound Adept. It is a very powerful mid-game card that deals a significant amount of damage with a good body attached. If Apexis Blast was enough to get people to try No-Minion Mage then this should be enough to get people to play Soul Fragment Demon Hunter.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 3 days ago

The big scary of the soul fragment cards imo.  It synergizes with all DH weapons to a revolting degree and provides a good body that you have to deal with after getting smacked upside the head with 5+ attack.  With this card as its main payoff, I predict that aggressive DH lists with some soul fragment cards will be run just for extra reach/burst.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Mildly confused as to what kind of deck Soul Demon Hunter is supposed to be, but this goes into pretty much anything anyways. The tempo swing is simply massive.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I think this is good in a full aggro deck that wants to finish the oponent, but if that is the case I don't see Soul Fragments playing in the deck.
    I'm giving it a 3/5 but it depends completly on how the fragments end up being for DH.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 373 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

The most BROKEN card i have seen printed this expansion. And i certainly hope there won't be even more broken cards.

Turn 4 Marrowslicer to deal 4 dmg, than turn 5 Soulshard Lapidary to deal 9. This is 13 damage in pretty early 2 turns. This card will certainly make it so Control DH wont exist, purely because people are gonna ABUSE the ever living **** out of this card to rank up to Legend FAST. (Before it gets 100% nerfed) If you compare this to Glaivebound Adept, Soulshard Lapidary just powercreeps it HARD. And if you didn't get Soulshard Lapidary for turn 5, than you can still Glaivebound Adept instead, because these cards might as well be used alongside each other to deal even more FACE dmg. This card is NUTS.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

This will push Fragment DH into a very aggressive direction, unlike Shardshatter Mystic which goes the opposite direction of being control. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to put both of them in.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Pretty nice card if you can activate it. The trouble will be activating it.

As it stands, this probably misses Odd DH because the only activator is Spirit Jailer (Shouldn't it be gaoler?)

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Scary one, this one is. Glavebound Adept 2.0

Only DH and warlocks can generate and get benefits from those soul fragments? I wonder why. Something lore related? 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Erodos's Avatar 360 408 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This card will make it so that any DH deck will want to run soul fragments. Huge damage for tempo and a control tool for control dh

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1731 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

The class has synergy for this kind of effects with cards like Warglaives of Azzinoth or "if you attacked this turn do X" but you can get a similar effect for 2 mana and no requirement with Twin Slice, I don't see this card as the reason to run soul fragments in DH it's  more of  a card that will be there.. the reason to run soul fragments is the 3 mana Duskbreaker.

• meisterz39's Avatar 415 577 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

If we set aside the fact that you have to attack with your face, this compares pretty reasonably to Cumulo-Maximus and Apexis Blast, both of which are very powerful cards. As a 5-drop, this curves out well with Soul Fragment generation tools, especially Marrowslicer.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 570 667 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

5 damage is a lot so this looks pretty threatening, and 5 damage is the point where it can kill most minions if need be.

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 526 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Reminds me of Glaivebound Adept but you have to do the work yourself (attacking) so ofc this will see play or at least experimentation.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Well this card looks kinda scary - not sure about it tough. Will it be strong? i guess so , but im also not sure it this will find it`s place in some sort of Aggro decks.

I think it is maybe a little slow for aggro to work with the Fragments so i guess this fits more in a control type Demon Hunter and therefor it is a little slower and that makes it a little less scary :) 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1211 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Why the hell wouldn't this be playable would be an unsolvable riddle. It does a stupefying 5 damage, leaves a 5/5 on board and all it takes is but soul fragments, which Spirit Jailer and Soul Shear would easily provide, being strong cards on their own right.

Its basically Firelands Portal came early, and on an aggressive class as well. If you could imagine a better Glaivebound Adept, and this would be it.

• Tetsuo's Avatar Magma Rager 240 240 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This will definitely see play, it's too powerful. Getting a dream curve of Marrowslicer on turn 4 then following up with this for a whopping 9 damage is fantastic. I think this might get nerfed to 6 mana if it's too effective, because let's face it, DH is just too efficient of a class right now, it's too well-designed. 

• allthehype's Avatar Outland Scholar 210 354 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

+5 attack really is something! Great tempo swing for a slower DH deck.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar 425 754 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

5/5 in stats is acceptable for a 5 mana minion. 

What makes this minion good isn't it's stats for cost but how it curves for Demon Hunter from Marrow Slicer into this, allowing for Demon Hunter to deal 9 damage with their weapon on turn 5 - which is pretty massive.

because of her ability to give your hero extra attack there's a potential for her to be placed in tempo OR control decks, tempo obviously wanting to deal extra damage for lethal and control to remove high value targets on your opponents side of the board.

Outside of it's soul fragment synergy this minion is just good enough to play in arena by itself, as I keep saying it's stats are pretty good.

• ElSabidon's Avatar 225 248 Posts Joined 06/07/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

After the nerf to Metamorphosis, Demon Hunters will possibly start having trouble when dealing with 5 Health minions.... and it's gone!

Golden portraits' progress:
    (19/Apr/20) Demon Hunter - 1; Druid - 548; Hunter - 589; Mage - 401; Paladin - 518; Priest - 338; Rogue - 337; Shaman - 557; Warlock - 480; Warrior - 483

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium