Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Shaman Minion - Instructor Fireheart

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago

A new Legendary Shaman Minion, Instructor Fireheart, has been revealed!

Instructor Fireheart Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 440 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I love this kind of cards where the impact gets better the later in the game and also can be used in the early if needed. 
    Without even having to repeat the spells it's still 5/5 stars in balance of mana and what you get.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 345 413 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Great card, can easely discover you 2 spells. Great for control/value shaman, as the effect gets better the later into the game you are. This will see a LOT of play! The legendaries this set really do not dissapoint! (Well MOST of them don't dissapoint.)

• duppie's Avatar HearthStationeer 205 212 Posts Joined 04/02/2019

This is solid I think.  If you hit something like torrent you're super happy.  With some good luck you can hit a miracle turn, with some bad luck you play a 3 mana 3/3 that disovers you like two spells.  You can also just go fishing for burn pretty hard.  

It's solid, decent design but a little bit bland.  It could also be one of those cards thats a lot more fun to play than it seems so we'll see.  

• Pezman's Avatar 620 804 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Nice! In some scenarios this will just go OFF! In other scenarios, it will force you to play sub-par spells in the hopes of getting what you want.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 580 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Seems alright, kind of slow, though Shaman does like more card generation.

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2243 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I don't think it is entirely necessary for it to say "1 or more". I can see why they did it, but it just makes the card feel really weird, like they are trying to make it more clunky to play. I would have rather they made it discover any spell, but then nerf it later if it proved to be an issue.

As it is now though the card is still very powerful. 3 mana 3/3 discover a spell isn't bad, 3 mana 3/3 discover 3 spells is super good, anything beyond that is just insane value. 5 stars.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• meisterz39's Avatar 465 657 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Instructor Fireheart is fine in just about any Control Shaman list as it's strong on 3 and just gets better later in the game,. It's also probably a lot better with a list that focuses on using spell damage.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Strong in battlecry and spell based Shamans lists alike, this card will definitely see play.  It also has crazy synergy with Torrent since its the cheapest high damage spell you can get for board control.

• Vandaren's Avatar 335 565 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

This is a general good value card, can slot in to many shaman deck. Obviously you want to play this later in the game, hopefully as a finisher (multiple lightning bolt with spell damage on board?) but overall this is just great.

• JackJimson's Avatar 245 296 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

I am assuming the effect is persistent as long as you cast the spell you discover.

If yes, this is a good card, you have multiple chances for the card you are fishing for.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1875 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Seems great in quest or control shaman.. Well basically.. Any shaman deck it's just solid even without the second effect. 

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

I think the strength of this one will be determined by how many spells you can actually chain off of it. I don't think control shaman will play this one on t3 and get just 1 spell. Since you can get so much more value later on. 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Decent I think?

You just play her when you have a good amount of mana and either look for an answer or just try to get value out of her. Not sure which deck she would go into though.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Decent card and a nice addition for my Highlander Shaman!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

The size of the randomness makes this a little hard to evaluate, but I imagine you'd be doing well if you generated 2 or 3 useful spells from this.

Not sure if decks want this, just by merit of inconsistency, but if you really need a boardwipe or burn, you can pick the cheapest option to re-roll.

It's fine, but I can't imagine it being a mainstay of many decks.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

If there was ever a safe craft, this one would be it.

I can't see why any shaman deck wouldn't just play this in their deck. Its basically a more flexible Marshspawn, and already sick card.

Yes, this can't discover Lightning Bloom or any of the totem buffs, but these are only but minor issues, easily dismissed.

• allthehype's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 245 401 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Very interesting and probably good in many different decks. However, it feels like a win more-card as it’s very rng dependant.  Comparable to Evocation If anything. 

• JFK's Avatar 480 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 450 863 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

This is a fun card, not great stat wise but she has an interesting effect.

There's no way to plan around what you will get with her, but since she has the unique ability to cycle through the discover effect she can be used to search for a spell needed on the turn she's played or possibly a spell needed to clear the board down the line.

She has a soft synergy with Speaker Gidra, since she'll be able to pull a spell to increase Gidra's attack without having to use a spell that's in your deck. 

She won't be a win condition but will be a fun card to play with in Arena or Casual mode

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium