Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Educated Elekk

• Fisguinho's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 365 155 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Amazing stats for the cost and the effect basically gives you extra resources

All hail the banshee queen.

• ChocolateChipCooke's Avatar 455 252 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Cool idea, but I don't think this card will see much play.

It's a great value generator, but Highlander might have an issue with this kind of card (which is very common currently).

Maybe wild value decks end up running this for more card generation?

• Safiron's Avatar Devoted Academic 205 149 Posts Joined 07/28/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Better than Test Subject. Not an OTK card but remembers everything which is nice.

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Devoted Academic 270 184 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

This feels like a spell version of Body Wrapper, which is to say this isn't that good. Most decks aren't playing for adding cards to your deck to protect against fatigue and the fact that your opponent can dilute the quality of the spells you shuffle just makes Educated Elekk inconsistent for that fatigue plan. Maybe after Archivist Elysiana rotates out the Elekk will have a chance?

For glory, honor, and gold!

• SavageDrago's Avatar 225 149 Posts Joined 05/07/2020
    Posted 1 week ago

Cool idea the "remember" thing, but the application is lackluster, even with baseline stats for its cost.

• Samzy's Avatar Devoted Academic 200 157 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Good card that I’m excited for. Hopefully it won’t be too weak/easy to play around.

• Psymon's Avatar 355 74 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

The lorewalker chow effect associated copying the spells that also your opponent plays is insane. Will see play for sure

Xbox gamertag - Psymonjet

• UVE's Avatar 405 291 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 week ago

Actually only priest and demon hunter have silences, the neutral option is not played anymore.

So, that card is amazing in that meta, combo enabling and avoiding fatigue is really good for control decks.

By The Holy Light!

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 285 238 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 1 week ago

Maybe this card is played in a super control Priest or something, but I don't see it having too much value, except off a random evolve/devolve. 

• SilverWolf's Avatar 270 349 Posts Joined 04/01/2019
    Posted 5 days, 17 hours ago

It enables some powerful combos if you manage to activate the deathrattle on the same turn is summoned.

Maybe a ttk?

• FaytFFX's Avatar 360 189 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 5 days, 17 hours ago

Mill Druid, here I come! :D

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• slychd's Avatar Headmaster 305 170 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 5 days, 14 hours ago

This card will be a nice way to force someone to use a silence, because if they don't, they will regret it.

• Thonson's Avatar Devoted Academic 655 796 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
    Posted 5 days, 8 hours ago

This is so good!  After all, an elekk never forgets, right?!?!

Unless silenced!

I never lose, I just win at having fun.

• Tetsuo's Avatar Magma Rager 240 240 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 4 days, 20 hours ago

I like the creative approach the designers took with this card, but it just doesn't strike me as something you'd want to use in your deck because of the variance of spells it could "remember." It remembers your opponents' spells too, so if your opponent plays a bunch of random spells, Educated Elekk will shuffle it into your deck, which is something you wouldn't normally want. Can you imagine your opponent playing the coin then the Elekk shuffling it in your deck? That'll be a terrible draw, and the fact that it could dilute your deck is what sours me on Educated Elekk

It could still see use in some control decks that thrive on value, though (Thief Priest would love this). But for most decks, this will probably be a hindrance and won't make the cut. Hard to say though. 

• ShadowsOfSense's Avatar Community Manager 560 415 Posts Joined 10/23/2018
    Posted 4 days, 19 hours ago

One of my favourite cards of the set. I love a good random value generator, and this has the opportunity to steal spells from your opponent too! I don't know that this will find its way into serious decks - perhaps some fatigue strategies - but I'll certainly be running it in plenty of my decks.

Welcome to the site!

• Joe45's Avatar 290 50 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 3 days, 15 hours ago

Fun card, I'll try to make this work in the first week of the expansion.. but I might need to run Robes of Protection with it, otherwise it'll soon be a sheep or frog.

• Draketh's Avatar Darkmaster 245 276 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 3 days ago

Super strong card, I'm sure it'll be used to shuffle multiple buffs to the deck and create some sick OTKs.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium