Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Druid Minion - Forest Warden Omu

• Arthas's Avatar 300 953 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Legendary Druid Minion, Forest Warden Omu, has been revealed!

Forest Warden Omu Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 285 435 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I honestly don't understand why druid keeps getting ways to combo. (as you can see, I don't like otk combo decks)
    Nevertheless, this is a really good card.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2063 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I don't know why they would print something like this, but screw it, it's combo time I guess.

I'd like to point out the very VERY concerning potential with Ysiel Windsinger. Basically all you need to do is have both in hand and playing two Invalid Deck ID. No matter how they land you are now able to get out both Ysiel at the same time, then play any spell and have 10-mana to cycle through your deck and play every high cost spell under the sun.

Now maybe that's not too scary right now but it basically improves every single high-cost spell they print until this year rotates from standard.

Sure, we don'T have a real OTK with this, but just think something as silly as The Forest's Aid + Soul of the Forest, + the 10-mana buff spell (or any other permanent buffs) while also cycling through your deck via Overflow.

We're talking about a 4-card base combo that allows you to get through your entire deck while being able to set it up throughout the game without too much of a tempo loss.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 570 666 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Another combo card for Druid that’s probably gonna get nerfed somewhere down the line. 

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• UVE's Avatar 405 291 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

If you play this at t6 and cast the new [old] Innervate, you will get 8 extra mana or just 6?

By the way, a really good card.

By The Holy Light!

• Cg8889's Avatar Design Finalist 115 42 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

I mean...that's a card. Seems really easy to have a combo deck with this discounted with Imprisoned Satyr

Discount Forest Warden Omu to 1 mana or Malygos to 4 mana.

Turn 10, play Omu + Malygos + Moonfire x2 + Swipe x2 + for 30 damage. 

Not like Druids lack card draw. Seems like this could be a 5 star card for combo Druid.

Not sure if you run this in other versions of Druid. Big Druid doesn't want to play a 6 mana 5/4 (would be great to get off Strength in Numbers to reset your mana but that seems to be niche use). Spell Druid could use it to reset mana with Exotic Mountseller but that deck already has enough mana due to the 0 cost spells to fill your board.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Not actually sure how much better this is than kun, given that aviana is usually a component of druid combos. Maybe this gives those decks a hit of consistency that they were needing. This is obviously good somewhere, but I don't exactly know where.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar 425 752 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

for it's cost this minions stats are pretty modest. 

HOWEVER - REFRESHING YOUR MANA CRYSTALS IS PRETTY STRONG.

Druid historically loves to utilize their spells for either combos or to buff their minions.

In AoO Spell Druid adopted Exotic Mount Seller and Kael'Thas Sunstrider as their only minions, despite having  Ysiel who makes spells cost (1) mana as one of their class legendaries from the set. Ysiel saw no play as she was incredibly expensive, and Spell druid was using the reduced cost bogbeam and Ironbark spells to help Kael'Thas cast an expensive spell for free or Exotic Mount Seller to flood the board. Ysiel, despite her cost reduction was actually anti-synergy with the current plan for druids.

Omu however is a different story - while his stats are modest for his cost, being able to refresh your mana crystals to give you essentially an extra turn is a massive play. The World Twig from KaC was often used as this, and there's been times when an adventure was won with the Druid class because you refreshed your mana crystals in one form or another.

For Druids this means another way to pull off combos with Malygos. Forum member Trimutius has mentioned a combo with placing this minion on the board, refreshing your mana crystals, using Maiev Shadowsong on him so he's dormant and can't be interacted with, and once he's available you can slap Malygos down and use the standard moonfire, swipe, swipe, moonfire combo for lethal. Although you could also probably use germination in that combo if you had to use a swipe for board clear 

Ysiel may also see play with Omu, since they have a very, very soft synergy. You can play Omu, play say innervate, then play Ysiel, and then you can play high cost cards like Survivial of the fittest, making the two minions 9/8 and 9/9 respectively. But you'll probably want to discount them with Imprisoned Satyr or Jepetto Joybuzz to get the most of that combo 

• duppie's Avatar HearthStationeer 205 210 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Cool card.  Not just for a big combo style deck but any deck that is playing cheap spells can run this.  if you're going to play a cheap spell then you can basically just play this for free.  

• kvist56's Avatar Rexxar 185 27 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Kun 2: electric boogaloo.

on a more serious note, Druid doesn’t need help for combos in wild. This just makes the deck more consistent

Noice.

• torto123's Avatar 125 27 Posts Joined 05/31/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Orgasms in druid

• NegativeNemsy's Avatar 155 102 Posts Joined 07/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

I am already angry that quest mage can generate 3 turns in a row in wild.  With the new cards is seems druid might be able to generate about 5 turns worth of mana.

• meisterz39's Avatar 410 576 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Yet another combo tool for Druid. Seems good, also kind of boring.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

In most cases this would just be a 5/4 for free. Is that good enough? Usually yes, but for druid this is perhaps not what they need.

There's obviously some set up with this card. But I don't think it will make the inclusion into OTK decks. If you see this in high levels in standard at all, chances are its because its a 5/4 for free.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Good grief, again with the mana refresh.  If not now, then at some point in this game's history this card will be heavily abuseable.  I can't think of any particular combos that can be done with this, but this enable Druid to get some pretty big swing turns by essentially developing a 0-mana 5/4 along with some other card after you play one of Druid's many low cost spells.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

It will be part of at least one combo deck at some point in time. I don't know if it will be good or not, but this card will be a part of it.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• ElSabidon's Avatar 225 248 Posts Joined 06/07/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly, if you think about it, Druid was already a combo class, although their comboes relied on huge board swings. Whether this card can make said combos become more OTK focused remains to be seen. Still scary though.

Golden portraits' progress:
    (19/Apr/20) Demon Hunter - 1; Druid - 548; Hunter - 589; Mage - 401; Paladin - 518; Priest - 338; Rogue - 337; Shaman - 557; Warlock - 480; Warrior - 483

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1722 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Outside of a combo I can't see this card seeing play so there's either an OTK that this card enables or it's pointless.

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Devoted Academic 270 184 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Forest Warden Omu looks scary. Playing it with Germination gives you 10 free mana instead of 4 free mana on 10 mana crystals. This allows for combo potential with Malygos, especially if Malygos is discounted by Imprisoned Satyr which would allow for Malygos to be copied and have 10 mana left to cast spells at your opponent's face. The extra Malygos isn't even necessary if you set your opponent to 15 with Alexstrasza the turn before.

There is a natural check for Maly Druid if it becomes competitively viable: it is weak to tempo/aggro, which has made up most of the past 2 expansions' metas. I don't imagine a Maly Druid being higher than a tier 2 deck in Scholomance.

For glory, honor, and gold!

• Pezman's Avatar 580 758 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Dangerously powerful card. I'll try it out and have some fun before it gets nerfed.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium