Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Sorcerous Substitute

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Sorcerous Substitute, has been revealed!

Sorcerous Substitute Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS AT ALL. NOT LIKE MAGE GOT A 1-MANA SPELL DAMAGE GUY AND A WAY TO REDUCE HIM TO 0 BEFOREHAND.

Yeah, have fun seeing this a lot in Mage. If you throw in Khadgar as well it's like Conjurer's Calling was never nerfed

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Could be good in Spell Damage Shaman or Mage, but I'm not entirely confident in the archetype or card.  Seems a bit slow, but 12/12 is a lot of stats, so who knows.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 440 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

It's not bad, but needs spell damage support, if you don't have it on the field that means investing more mana and let's say you play a 2 mana spell power and this, then you could have just played Power of Creation

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 975 1875 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

we saw if you have spell damage on board before.. Master of Ceremonies it's HARD to have a spell damage card on board.. they are always killed and understated.

sure the reward is strong but it's a slow reward, much slower than Master of Ceremonies which never was considered

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Not very easy to get to activate, and 6 mana for nothing but stats is a little slow for any aggro decks.

I don't expect this to see a lot of play.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1179 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

I reckon it'll probably be experimented with in SD Mage or Shaman, and then probably subsequently dropped by most of them. The payoff is pretty good and maybe easier to get off due to the new synergy, which is why it'll be experimented with. But then it might get dropped because this isn't the type of payoff the deck really wants.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1352 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Lol. Its a high powered card that will only realistically be seen in shaman and mage.

Is it strong? Yes, but then again, if there's spell damage on board wouldn't you rather, you know, cast spells?

So its a small niche for tempo mage, but potentially very strong. I personally dont think it'll ever see play, since its proven with cards like Animated Avalanche that any expensive card that doesnt affect board will likely just be too slow.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I think this is a sleeper card !

Does not look that good at first but i think we will see this card a lot because Mage has lots of potential to get the effect going. Like we've seen on the Reveal Stream he played it on 6 with a 0 Mana Spell damage guy!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Pezman's Avatar 620 804 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Yeah, this will see play for sure. Should be easy to activate in the upcoming meta.

• Vandaren's Avatar 335 565 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Shaman and mage spell damage synergies could make use of this, at some extend hunter too with Vereesa Windrunner

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 345 413 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I'm skeptical about this card. 6 mana 12/12 seems really good, but i feel like spell-damage/burn decks might not want such a late game minion. They probably want their opponents to have 0 hp by then. But hey 12/12 on turn 6 shouldn't be underestimated. My guess is that it will certainly see experimentation, but it will fall off quick.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

6 mana for 2x6/6 is just GG on turn 6. 

I guess the only "good" thing about this card is that it's not a mage minion (it would have been too obvious, right?!), so mage can't get it from the raven or the spell that gives you 3 mage minions if you have spells only deck.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• linkinboy0's Avatar 385 249 Posts Joined 07/07/2019

Kinda slow imo

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 405 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Good minion to pick from Power of Creation. This day it's too slow probably, but 6 mana for a 12/12 is quite interesting for a neutral card. Need some test to judge better this card

• SavageDrago's Avatar 230 150 Posts Joined 05/07/2020

Unless you can reliably cast if for 2x 6/6, then it's good. Since you probably can't, I find it hard to fit in standard. In arena is almost an Ogre, thats enough usually.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 435 367 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Great spellburst card

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• KANSAS's Avatar 1120 2244 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This is an amazing swing card for Spell Damage decks that will give them some good board presence later in the game. I think this is a card people will have to think about when it is turn 5 and you have a spell damage minion on the field. And even just playing this on turn 7 with the new mage 1-drop isn't terrible. 

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• Valord's Avatar 250 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Seems solid but I'm not sure if it will make the card in spell damage lists.

• Alfi's Avatar Space Dargon 665 580 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

*May* be good

-=alfi=-

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium