Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Mage Minion - Firebrand

• Arthas's Avatar 300 953 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

A new Common Mage Minion, Firebrand, has been revealed!

Firebrand Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2063 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Guess who's back

back again

(in spirit at least, this isn't nearly as broken as Flamewaker, but I guess that's a plus)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Finds a guaranteed home in tempo mage and a possible home in highlander since this can be a pretty efficient clear.   

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 285 435 Posts Joined 07/26/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

At least it only hits minions, I don't know, I don't think this will see play in constructed.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020
    Posted 2 weeks ago

A flamewaker that only triggers twice is probably not worth running. The card might see play in secret mage, but I think the spellburst is a little too tricky to consistently achieve there.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1722 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Flamewaker with +1 attack and only 2 procs instead of infinite potential.. this card will see play.. tempo mage is back!

• clawz161's Avatar Mountain 365 376 Posts Joined 07/16/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Reno the Relicologist was 6 mana deal 10, if singleton, i can 100% see this seeing some kind of play, since mage right now runs a bunch of cheap crap anyway.

I DON'T FIGHT FOR GOOD. AND I DON'T FIGHT FOR EVIL. I JUST FIGHT!

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

3 mana 3/4 is an amazing stat-line. But the effect just drives this through the roof. Goblin Blastmaster made Mech Mage a thing almost by itself, this is both cheaper and easier to pull off. I imagine I am going to be sick and tired of seeing this card for a long time.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Dragoncaller's Avatar 35 4 Posts Joined 07/29/2020

Will without a shadow of doubt see a lot of play in tempo mage, or even in cyclone mage.

4/5 stars

tempo mage hype

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 372 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Good stats for it's cost, and it basicly has taunt early game. Great card and not incredibly broken like Flamewaker. Helps clear the board and mage has PLENTY of cheap 1 cost spells, or spells that discover those cheap spells. Will see play in control & highlander mage. Maybe also burn/tempo mage so they can take the board in the early game?

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1054 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Balanced Flamewaker.

It's a bit weird to compare it to its BRM counterpart since that card was pretty stupid powerful. It's obviously not quite as good as Flamewaker, but it still seems fairly decent.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Its Goblin Blastmage, which was one of the strongest cards back in the day.

Mage never lacks spells, but 3 mana is a lot to give up. In tempo mage, and little else. But it will still be the cherry on that cake.

• Skorpionex's Avatar 225 151 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Aaah yea, Dyn-o-matic for mages, but better.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Good card. 

Nice stats for 3 Mana and the ability is decent enough that this finds play. At least in some sort of Tempo Mage i guess!

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• JackJimson's Avatar Dragon Scholar 240 234 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

I hope this opens up another archetype from mage outside of HL.

Liked playing mech mage back in the day.

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 523 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Idk but somehow i feel that this is not that strong despite the good stats at 3 mana, could only hold off aggro for a turn maybe.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

That's nice anti-aggro tool for tempooriented spell mage decks. And not broken as the Flamewalker. Should be really good.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Pezman's Avatar 580 758 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Significantly worse Flamewaker. Sure, you get +1 attack and twice the damage on first spell, but what made that card so nasty was the ability to just fire again and again and again, and to hit the face too. This, however, is playable.

• Koetti's Avatar Island 545 656 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

Spider Tank Stats are always nice. 4 Health on T3 should be enough (most of the Time) to make it to the next Turn and have the Effect go off.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• JFK's Avatar 465 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium