Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Demon Hunter Spell - Double Jump

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago

A new Common Demon Hunter Spell, Double Jump, has been revealed!

Double Jump Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

This is just solid, isn't it? You can'T really build a deck around it, but it's cheap cycle so if there's some sort of endgame for DH this will help.

It also helps chaining stuff off Altruis

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• theo333's Avatar 440 369 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

More card draw! MORE!

Fatigue DH meta incoming that benefits all classes!

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

This card definitely has potential if used to specifically tutor one or two outcast cards in an aggressive deck. Interesting, and looking forward to experimenting with this in Odd DH.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

1 mana that tutors for a powerful effect, there's no way this card isn't a staple in DH decks until it rotates, and will probably be a staple even in wild.  It's not something you're going to play on turn 1, but playing it on turn 4+ means you'll likely be able to trigger the drawn card's outcast and get strong value.  

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 995 1877 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

You can always outcast the card you draw so it's kind of cool actually if you are playing a deck that isn't high tempo you can get those outcast effects more commonly.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 446 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

This is really good since you will always get it in the outcast position, the problem is if you draw Skull of Gul'dan when you can't cast it and don't tell me you won't run Skull of Gul'dan because I won't believe it.

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Devoted Academic 285 186 Posts Joined 07/18/2019

Didn't draw your Skull of Gul'dan? Well no problem! With Double Jump not only are you nearly twice as likely to draw it, but you can guarantee the outcast discount on turn 7! Do I need to say anymore? Put it in all your Tempo Demon Hunter decks starting August 6!

For glory, honor, and gold!

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 365 414 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Amazing DH card. Helps pull off the Outcast effect, and helps thin out their decks faster. But you better hope you don't accidentally pull Skull of Gul'dan with Double Jump too early into the game. Will see play in pretty much every DH deck. This also helps against the "uHh aCtuAlLl this powerfull outcast effect will NEVER go off, because the outcast effect is sometimes too hard to fulfill" argument when people rate outcast cards. So that's nice i guess.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1135 2246 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Tutors are traditionally pretty good. This is 1 mana to draw 1 card, not terrible for cycling, but you are guaranteed an outcast card, so you can know exactly what this will draw you when you put it in your deck. It will definitely see play, no question about that.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• Tetsuo's Avatar Garrosh 250 262 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Amazing card, though it could be redundant since DH already has such good card draw. Still, it can tutor a specific card, you can keep this in hand until you need to tutor Skull of Guldan or something

Legend: Season 74 (Odd Demon Hunter), Season 77 (Bomb Warrior)

• Meteorite12's Avatar 580 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

A nice tutor, though it might somewhat limit which outcasts you put in your deck, given that the more you have the less likely you’d be to get the one you want

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Tutor card for skull of Gul'Dan. This can be used to find that Glide against the pesky priests faster...

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Not bad, and I like the reference to the DH unique double-jump ability in WoW. Great way to use an outcast card.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• Koetti's Avatar Island 680 681 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

It guarantees the Outcast-Trigger, but you can't really influence what you'll draw. You could maybe build a Deck that only runs Skull of Gul'dan, but then you'd lose out on so much Cards.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• ElSabidon's Avatar 260 260 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

Ah yes, giving more consistency to Skull of Gul'dan. Guess Tempo DH will still have a spot in the meta.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Golden portraits' progress (this will be easier to update after the new profile page goes live in-game):
    (19/Apr/20) Demon Hunter - 1; Druid - 548; Hunter - 589; Mage - 401; Paladin - 518; Priest - 338; Rogue - 337; Shaman - 557; Warlock - 480; Warrior - 483

• Pezman's Avatar 635 804 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I gave it 3 stars, then remembered that the Outcast card you draw can be activated right away and gave it 4 stars. This is just great.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1184 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

This is pretty good. Of course, it's obvious that you can use the Outcast right away since it will be added to the right-most spot of your hand. But even ignoring that, it's a 1 mana draw which in and of itself is good.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1355 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Its actually quite useful a card, since it effectively tutors and activates an outcast card. Might find a place in control dhunters, perhaps with Glide or Skull of Gul'dan as the only outcast card in the deck. Same application in a big dhunter deck.

One of the few good cards that can nearly never see play in tempo dhunters. I like it.

• JackJimson's Avatar 265 299 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

Who can say no to a guaranteed outcasted card?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium