Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Mage Spell - Cram Session

• Arthas's Avatar 300 962 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Rare Mage Spell, Cram Session, has been revealed!

Cram Session Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

And here I was, feeling safe that Exodia Mage won't make a return because Mage just lacks the card draw to make it happen...but I guess they have different plans. Combo is back on the menu

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Pretty nice card draw, even if you only have spell damage +1. This looks strong, but there is a scarcity of good spell damage minions that says to me that this goes into combo decks only, where two apprentices + Mozaki, Master Duelist help you kill in one turn.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1731 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

And here I was, feeling safe that Exodia Mage won't make a return because Mage just lacks the card draw to make it happen...but I guess they have different plans. Combo is back on the menu

And also tempo mage just got more draw (They already played some spell damage cards before)

• Me0203's Avatar Funnel Cakes 355 147 Posts Joined 06/13/2019

Ha! @Xarkkal made this exact card for the D-A-M-A-G-E competition. That must feel good, eh?

Better call Thrall!

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

It's always weird seeing custom cards being made into real cards, almost surreal even.  This card only furthers my fear of Moazki OTk since it can easily resupply your hand for cheap after making her big enough.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I have said it before, but I really want Spell Damage to be a thing, so I support any card that helps that fantasy become real. Drawing cards is an insanely useful thing to do in a game where all you do is play cards. This definitely gives you a lot of motivation to play Spell Damage, and it just in general helps round out any deck you make with a Spell Damage theme.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 373 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Great draw card. This is what exodia mage NEEDED to take off, which means i'm now scared of this card. Mage has a lot of spell-damage synergy this expansion and it looks like a solid archetype. 

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I like this, it's like a Battle Rage but the condition of the value you get goes well with the flavor of the class, which in this case is spell power for mage.

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
  • Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Ever since Unexpected Results came out in The Boomsday Project, I've seen people make this card way more times than I can count. Now it's finally in the game.

In SD Mage, I imagine this'll be good since it can draw several cards for so little mana.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1211 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

it draws cards, and that alone is good enough to merit inclusion. That it draws cards, and can draw you more than 2, along with spells like Primordial Studies, and Lab Partner there's little reason to believe this cant draw you more than 2 cards for 2 most of the time, which is insane.

Aside from the obvious tempo mage, there's also cyclone mage that will love this card. Even combo mage can use something like this. Even spell mage can use something like this because of the aforementioned primordial studies. Just a strong card that does what its supposed to do and better.

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 526 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Okay we know draw is powerful, and it is tied to spell damage so we have to build around it, i like it. Or maybe there will be a spell damage package that can fit into many mage deck, nah i think that will not be the case.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Decent Draw even if it only would draw you 2. This will see play in every Spell Damage or at least in every Fast Paced Mage Deck. Also could see this beeing played in a more conrol-oriented list.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Another spelldmg support card. We will definitely see some iterations of decks that utilize the +spell dmg. I like this.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Koetti's Avatar Island 545 657 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly, I think „2 Mana draw 1 Card" alone might be good enough on it's own.

And with the Spell Damage Support Mage got, it's also very easy to take Advantage of the Upside. T1 Lab Partner into T2 Cram Session.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• JFK's Avatar 470 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

To be a good spell we must play it with +2 spell power. If we spen 2 mana to draw 1 or 2 mana I think it's not worty...but it isn't super easy to have at least +2 spelldamage. So...need a lot of deckbuilding to work

• linkinboy0's Avatar 375 236 Posts Joined 07/07/2019

Could be good... IDK

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 425 353 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Great adittion for a spell damage deck

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium