Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Demon Hunter Minion - Vilefiend Trainer

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 455 1100 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 4 weeks ago

A new Common Demon Hunter Minion, Vilefiend Trainer, has been revealed!

Vilefiend Trainer Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 985 2126 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Guess we continue the trend of Demon Hunter just getting cards that do nothing other than being better than everything else

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• economicaooc's Avatar 265 359 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Again, aggressive even-costed demon hunter cards aren't really likely to see play in wild for a few expansions yet. The card is acceptable, but not amazing.

This post is discussing the wild format.

The down-vote is an 'I disagree' button, not an insult.

• BloodMefist's Avatar Design Champion 325 325 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This card reminds me of Shield of Galakrond in Warlock since they have similar stats and a similar effect.  For 1 mana less you lose Taunt and have a requirement to get the effect, so I'm not confident this will see play.  It might clog up other outcast effects and make some clunky turns, but it might be enough to justify some T2-3 token DH deck.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 995 1877 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

if you have a use for those tokens it will see play but the current tempo DH won't play it. it's not aggressive enough.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 300 446 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Meh card, there are way more powerful options to place in a deck, may have been better if it were a demon.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 365 414 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Token synergy, check. Strong stats on it's respective turn, check. it's a demon hunter card, check. Okay i'm pretty sure we just found a strong tempo card that will be hated by people. It still has amazing stats if you play it WITHOUT the outcast effect, so i guess this will see play in pretty much every tempo & token DH deck. Solid card.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1135 2246 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

The 1/1s will probably be fairly underwhelming by turn 4, but if you are playing a deck that cares about wide boards maybe they can be put to good use. If this card sees play I think it will be because you really want a wide board, and the 5/4 will grab the attention of your opponent. So your 1/1s will be able to slide under the radar until your next turn when they can be buffed or whatever you want to do with them.

"Carrion, my wayward grub"

• Meteorite12's Avatar 580 684 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Fuel for the token synergy they keep getting, though just two 1/1’s seems really underwhelming, like the token synergy cards in general feel

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 485 535 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Combining outcast with a bit of token, eh? Solid body to boot.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Undeath and Necromancy, The Story of the Scourge and Forsaken: Traversing Azeroth

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 470 525 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Maybe the swarm/sacrifice dh will emerge in this expansion.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Koetti's Avatar Island 680 681 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Thank God this is even.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• ElSabidon's Avatar 260 260 Posts Joined 06/07/2019

It says a lot about DH when their weakest card this expansion is a potential 4 mana 7/6.

Rating cards on coolness factor rather than predicting power because I like screwing up rating averages (and because I suck at predicting real power levels, but we'll ignore that LUL)
    Golden portraits' progress (this will be easier to update after the new profile page goes live in-game):
    (19/Apr/20) Demon Hunter - 1; Druid - 548; Hunter - 589; Mage - 401; Paladin - 518; Priest - 338; Rogue - 337; Shaman - 557; Warlock - 480; Warrior - 483

• Pezman's Avatar 625 804 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Okay card, but kind of uninspiring.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad 940 1184 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Perfectly fair card. It's good if you get the Outcast off, but it's underwhelming if you don't. Even then though, it's not THAT insane, so I don't see this doing too great.

• dapperdog's Avatar 760 1355 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

There was a time where Grim Necromancer was somewhat considered in standard and this one's very nearly 2 times as big.

Its a good card, but in a sea of other good cards I can't find a place for it in any deck. Maybe token dhunters? There's just better cards than this in most decks you'll find, and this has the burden of only being good when outcasted.

• Vandaren's Avatar 335 565 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Eh.. not very interesting imo, this is a support for token DH i guess.

• JFK's Avatar 520 442 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 495 586 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Decent Stats and good support for Aggro/Midrange Demon Hunter.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar Goblin 455 864 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 2 months, 3 weeks ago

It's playable on curve in arena - this minion is essentially a chillwind yeti that's more aggressively statted. 

If you play with on curve with the outcast effect activated it becomes a 7/6 across three bodies which is VERY strong - 4 mana 7/7 have seen play with Flamewreathed faceless and other minions, there's no reason for this not to see play either.

Due to HOW it's a 7/6 this could see play in tempo or control decks. Tempo obviously wants to be as threatening as they can and push as much damage as possible, while the control decks look like they want to utilize the tokens DH has for their synergy with Fel Guardian, Blood herald and Netherandamus.

This card can be drawn with the newly printed Double Jump, if your deck doesn't have a glut of outcast cards to compete with. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium