Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Priest Spell - Power Word: Feast

• Arthas's Avatar 300 968 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 2 days ago

A new Rare Priest Spell, Power Word: Feast, has been revealed!

Power Word: Feast Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Devoted Academic 270 184 Posts Joined 07/18/2019

This plus Frazzled Freshman plus Voracious Reader maybe makes Tempo Buff Priest a competitively viable deck? I think it's highly likely. The deck now has multiple ways to follow up a 1-drop and to reload in the midgame. I'm keeping my eye out for this archetype.

For glory, honor, and gold!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2065 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

"This just confirms that they won't print a 2-mana buff spell for Priest anytime soon".

- me, back when Frazzled Freshman was revealed

So basically Buff Priest = snowball really hard from turn 1 and hope to win

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1735 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

+2/+2 for 2 buff on priest is just really strong even if it had no further text this card is just amazing.. zoo priest is on the menu!

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Tempo/Zoo Priest looking mighty fine with this card.  Frazzled Freshman looks pretty nice with this.  Also, obligatory 'Northshire Cleric died for this'.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

You can play this on a minion with full health, trade with it, and restore it to full health at the end of the turn. In this instance, it is basically divine shield. If however, you are playing Activate the Obelisk or play this on a damaged minion, the healing is pretty insane. This card will play a pivotal role in the success of Aggro Priest, no doubt about that. 

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 375 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Good tempo priest buff, and good all around. Even in *shudders... ress priest. Will see a lot of play. Mainly because 2 mana Extra Arms after boomsday buffs event was one of the most broken priest cards. Tempo priest was insane back then, just because of a 2 mana +2/+2 buff. This card looks pretty good, but we will see if turn 2 +2/+2 is still as broken these days.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

+2/+2 for 2 is not amazing, and the heal effect is very situational. Tempo priest is almost better than bad, but it doesn't need this kind of effect to improve.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

+2/+2 buffs for 2 are usually "decent", sometimes pretty good. You can put it on a minion that can trade this turn, and trade no problem since it will fully heal that turn.

Put on a Frazzled Freshman on turn 2 will result in a 3/6 minion on turn 2, which is really good.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Was thinking the same, the best place for this is Activate the Obelisk.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1213 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Basically 2 mana +2+2 with divine shield...except the divine shield pops at the end of the turn

Strong card? well, Extra Arms was good as a 2 mana card, but that was in combo priest. Now that priest can't draw for shit, I can't actually imagine this thing being played on curve, let alone with Frazzled Freshman

• theo333's Avatar 440 364 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
  • FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Wow, i realy like it because my Buff Aggro Priest finaly will work in the meta!! (at least i hope so:) )

And it also makes Frazzled Freshman even better than i imaniged. 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 526 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Tempo priest support, yes you can buff a minion - trade it with sth - and full heal. I'm excited.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

"This just confirms that they won't print a 2-mana buff spell for Priest anytime soon".

- me, back when Frazzled Freshman was revealed

So basically Buff Priest = snowball really hard from turn 1 and hope to win

Hahaha, it's always funny to see how things turn out in the end. 

There will be a lot of snowballing this expansion ;)

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

Damn! This is a major tempo play on the right board. 

• JFK's Avatar 470 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

This card enable Tempo Priest for me. Super strong effect that ensure a free trade. 5 star imho

• Koetti's Avatar Island 545 657 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Even though I think that Tempo Priest is a Meme, I have to say that this is a great early Game Buff.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• FaytFFX's Avatar 360 189 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

I always look forward to seeing all of the new Power Word spells come out.

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium