Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Robes of Protection

• Arthas's Avatar 300 962 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Rare Neutral Minion, Robes of Protection, has been revealed!

Robes of Protection Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• anchorm4n's Avatar HearthStationeer 610 803 Posts Joined 03/13/2019

Wow, that looks super strong! If you drop this on a board with taunts, your opponent's in Big trouble! 

Double the pride, double the fall.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

lmao, rip control. This is actually just op. If your deck depends on spells for removal this is game over. Why does it give itself Untargetable?

number one nerf candidate guaranteed

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1731 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

can be either useless or devastating depending on matchup if you are getting beaten by priest, mage or rogue run this.

weapon/rush classes can go around this though.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This card hits control Mage and Priest HARD.  Most other classes have cheap AoE, Rush minions, or weapons to get around this effect, but some decks are gonna just lose once this hits the board.  4 health is a lot to deal with if this thing hides behind a taunt or two and could be an extremely strong tech card.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

It's a strange card, but I think I like it. There are some matchups where this will be game winning, and there are others where this will just be a 3 mana 2/4.

It's highly matchup dependant, and will rely on certain decks that can't deal with this effect being good in order to see play.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Very powerful if you have a board ready. And if not, it will protect itself and help you build a board. I imagine this will be a card people will have to consider when adding any kind of spell-based removal in their deck.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• NegativeNemsy's Avatar 155 103 Posts Joined 07/10/2019

If this card existed 2 years ago, it probably would have been beyond busted.  Amazing how times have changed.  It is still very good, but there is still a lot AOE, summons, and random removal that will keep this card in check.  Look for this card to get a lot better at the next rotation when there is a smaller card pool.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Haha, better Wee Spellstopper. With how much AoE there is, the effect isn't as strong as it could be, although it will still be annoying for your opponent to deal with sometimes. I'm a bit doubtful of it seeing play though since it requires you to control a few decent sized minions before it really gets good value.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Oh boy, zoolock is going to be nuts.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1211 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

I assume that it has 'elusive' itself, or otherwise this is hot trash.

If your opponent can't clear your board the last turn, you make it even less likely they can do so this turn.

Basically turns rogue, warrior, and priest into a shishkebab of having cards that cannot be played. I can see this eventually being nerfed if it turns out that it makes priest unplayable in all shapes and form. Aside from the possible priest grief, this has potential to just change deck building in hearthstone altogether.

I can see team5 changing the description to 'your other minions' at some point. Keep all your copies folks, this one's broken as hell.

• PopeNeia's Avatar Darkmaster 230 297 Posts Joined 07/06/2019

Wtf is this crap. Remove it from the game, this card is absolute cancer

This ain't no place for a hero

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Very strong - Zoo Decks will defenitely play this - but i also see some use in other decks.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Previously, this card would have been mediocre, but with all the new spells and spell damage coming up, it will be very useful. AOE will be even more powerful now.

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 525 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

So this is also include this minion itself? Can be very helpful for aggro omg.. well we will have to see it for ourselves.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 373 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This is just OP AF if you ask me. Why didn't they make Robes of protections text "your other minions can't be targetted by spells or hero powers"? This will see play in nearly every aggro deck. Be smart and save copies of this card everyone, cuz it's gonna go on the nerf-list. Pretty sure no-one wants to risk losing out on free dust.  

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

I like this ability, but I fail to understand how this is OP - opponent can still use board clears on your weak zoo minions. Or he can just target this one first - 4 hp is not hard to kill and then go after the rest of your board with spells and hero powers. Or just use board clear. Or just Zephry's. 

Cool ability, but nothing like game breaking, in my opinion.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• ElSabidon's Avatar 225 248 Posts Joined 06/07/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

Shameless power creep is shameless (and yes, I will be posting this exact same text on similar power creeping cards).

Remember Wee Spellstopper? Yeah, that's the not busted version of this card. That being said, this is more busted on arena, where AoE is less common.

Golden portraits' progress:
    (19/Apr/20) Demon Hunter - 1; Druid - 548; Hunter - 589; Mage - 401; Paladin - 518; Priest - 338; Rogue - 337; Shaman - 557; Warlock - 480; Warrior - 483

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Strong effect, but maybe it's not enough. This block only hero power and targhet spell but right now we have a lot of aoe and battlecry that destroy/damage minion

• linkinboy0's Avatar 375 236 Posts Joined 07/07/2019

Maybe the worst card in the set?

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium