Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Priest Spell - Draconic Studies

• Arthas's Avatar 300 953 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

A new Common Priest Spell, Draconic Studies, has been revealed!

Draconic Studies Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2063 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

don't see the point nowadays, but it's good enough to perhaps see play in slower priests with enough dragons.

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1722 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

mana cheating is good, if you are playing dragon priest (which maybe is getting another card didn't see all the dumped ones yet) maybe it's good enough? priest has some good dragons.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

A lot of these study cards pull from very big pools where there are a lot of bad neutral cards, but dragons are mostly fairly large minions, so this could be acceptable in a midrange dragon priest deck.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Nice to see Dragon Priest getting some love, but I don't see this fitting into any decks currently.  It might be enough for a Tempo Dragon Priest deck to arise with the support the got in AoO, but I don't expect the deck to make any waves.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I think this study is better than some of the other studies for 2 reasons. One, dragons are something you want to have in your hand sometimes. With some of the other studies I feel like you would only play them thinking "Well I am dead anyways maybe I can find a miracle". But with Draconic Studies, you can know as you are playing the card exactly what will happen as a result of having a dragon because you know what synergies you will be able to activate. Also, dragons are expensive enough, and there will probably be few enough in your deck that the cost reduction will be more relevant than on some of the other studies.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 372 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This will see play in dragon priest. From what i have seen, we got a good amount of new dragons. And their well statted and have good effects. Maybe this will be the "ressurection" of dragon priest in standard? Also 1 mana spells are easy spellburst activators, so maybe it will see play because of that?

In wild it's REALLY good. Every dragon priest LOVES the chance to discover a Duskbreaker or Primordeal Drake. Will see play.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1054 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Cost reduction for Dragons is pretty good since they're expensive and you want to get them out earlier. It seems like it would be really good in Dragon Priest, although I'm not sure when the last time they got any actual support was.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 285 435 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Complete support for dragon priest, be it standard or wild. 5/5 card.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

That's one nice looking book cover.

Discover dragons is almost always good. Being able to discount them makes it even better. Just a solid card for priest, and I'm a little upset that this is the one card that it doesn't share with paladin.

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 523 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

No complain, i like all the studies, i like that priest is tied to dragon, i'll just gonna play it.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Always liked Dragon Priest - so i guess this card is decent enough. But only will see play if some sort of Dragon Priest will emerge otherwise i guess it is too weak.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Maybe priest will get some dragons again, someday. But for now - there are more exciting stuff to put in your deck.  

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Majere's Avatar 285 155 Posts Joined 06/01/2019

Worth running in highlander so that you can play it on turn 9, then on turn 10 play Dragonqueen Alexstrasza plus both the minions she generates? Think it's probably a bit too high rolly, but you never know.

May all your legendaries be golden.

• Pezman's Avatar 580 758 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

Yeah, like the other Studies cards, very useful and value-oriented.

• JFK's Avatar 465 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week, 4 days ago

Cheap spell that generate some value. It's ok for sure and probably will see play in some slow Priest deck. In wild is super strong for Dragon Priest

• Koetti's Avatar Island 545 656 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Might be decent in Highlander Dragons. Dragons are usually good, and cheating them out is even better.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• FaytFFX's Avatar 360 189 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

Golden craft card! :D

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 425 353 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Will totally use it a lot in wild for fun

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium