Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Neutral Minion - Plagued Protodrake

• Arthas's Avatar 300 962 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Common Neutral Minion, Plagued Protodrake, has been revealed!

Plagued Protodrake Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Deathrattle Rogue back on the menu? This is just a very strong card.

Hell, it's an argument for running Quest Paladin again, especially with Vectus around

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• aposteljoe's Avatar 110 40 Posts Joined 06/18/2019

Deathrattle Rogue was my first thought, too

• UVE's Avatar 405 291 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Vectus is an obvious sinergy, but fits in a Big deck too.

Duel! pally can get a huge swing with that.

By The Holy Light!

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1731 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

For a card that will probably see no play (AKA pack filler/arena card) it's quite interesting and has actual applications.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Payoff for big decks or deathrattle rogue, but I don't think it will see too much play since it lacks immediate board impact.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

Big decks already have so many payoffs that this one just looks mediocre.

The lack of immediate impact really hurts this one.

I doubt that this will see play in a world where decks could be summoning Y'shaarj or Colossus instead.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Devoted Academic 270 184 Posts Joined 07/18/2019

Big Paly finally a thing with this and Commencement? I think so! This is especially threatening getting pulled off of Commencement and is a sticky minion that most of the time kills something when pulled off of Duel!. I think with Sphere of Sapience and a possible Kael'thas Sunstrider package, Duel Paladin will get there finally!

For glory, honor, and gold!

• NegativeNemsy's Avatar 155 103 Posts Joined 07/10/2019

There has to be a way in wild where this card goes from an 8 drop on the board then to 7 and a 6 all the way down to 0 right!?

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I am actually really happy that this card exists. He is just a good card to cheat out. Whether you are playing big shaman, duel paladin, recruit warrior, or deathrattle rogue you would be happy to play this sick dragon. And it is a common when usually the ideal targets for this "cheat" effects are legendary, so that's nice.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

It's slow to have the Deathrattle occur naturally, although it's really good to cheat out, and it's good for Deathrattle activators where you can quickly get a bunch of 7-Cost minions on the board.

I remember that Anubisath Warbringer just played because it was good when it was drawn by Necrium Apothecary. I feel this might follow a similar fate.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I think this will be played in most deck with big minions like druid and maybe in dragon priest if it ends up being a thing.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1211 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

Very strong and sticky. Too bad its slow as hell.

Unless cheated out, this is useless.

• PopeNeia's Avatar Darkmaster 230 297 Posts Joined 07/06/2019

ABSOLUTE CHONKER FOR ARENA. LOOK AT ALL THE STAAAAATS

This ain't no place for a hero

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Very nice card - could work in different settings: Deathrattle Decks like Rogue, Duel Paladin, Big Druid etc. 

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Dang, really strong card! I've said elsewhere that just dropping a big minion isn't as powerful as it used to be, but a big minion that drops another can be much better.

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 526 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Too slow for normal play, it has to be cheated to make an impact. Only dedicated deathrattle deck would play this.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 373 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Good for big decks like Strength in Numbers druid, recruit warrior and maybe Duel! paladin? Also this cards existance is just good, because you can pull this from random discovers and from Dragonqueen Alexstrasza

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Deathrattle shenanigans for a lot of classes. And 7-drops are nice (most of them have high stats too). 

I hope Arena matches won't get decided by how many of those everyone has in their decks.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

The main problem of this card is the 7 drop from the deathrantlle, because a lot of 7 mana have strong effect with weak body. Anyway rouge can manipulate this deathrantlle...but i'm asking myself why we need to play this card instead Cursed Vagrant for exemple

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium