Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Druid Spell - Partner Assignment

• Arthas's Avatar 300 957 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Rare Druid Spell, Partner Assignment, has been revealed!

Partner Assignment Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Hunter would have murdered puppies just to get this spell a few years ago and here comes Druid and just....gets it.

Very powerful card for any spell-based Druid that can't afford to ruin minions but still wants to play stuff early on. Most beasts in that category are vanilla anyways

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

although this gives you the entire 1-2-3 curve there are some terrible beasts.. like River Crocolisk. still it's a card generator so if you are middrange/low curve deck you would like some cheap generation I guess.

• Meteorite12's Avatar 570 667 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Gives you a decent curve in the early game while synergizing with their spell cards later on. I could see this working

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

You can also drop 5 mana value in turn 6 if needed.

• GoliathTheDwarf's Avatar Content Squad Devoted Academic 465 502 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

This is.... very specific. I guess it's nice if you have it to play on turn one because it keeps you on a nice curve with something to play for the next two turns if your hand is unlucky.

Official Lorekeeper and Spinner of Tavern Tales
    Check out the latest lore guide -- Traversing Azeroth- The Story of Kel'Thuzad

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

1 mana add 2 cards to your hand is pretty decent, even if they are random. Though you know for a fact that these will cost 2 and 3 mana, which means you know right away when you will be able to play them. Also, if you care about beasts then this provides nice synergy, but even if you don't the beast tag reduces the variance in the outcomes of this card which makes it more reliable and therefore more playable.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

The pool of beasts is big, but unlike demons, they are all at least playable.

I don't think that that changes the fact that this card is a little unneeded in druid right now. If this is played aggressively, then the beasts are more likely to be sub-par than those you would put in your deck. If this card is played for value, then the payoff is meagre in the late game.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Building a curve in one card could be good, but man are there some trash beasts out there.

• Me0203's Avatar Funnel Cakes 355 146 Posts Joined 06/13/2019

Why is it that half of the beast cards Druid gets aren't affected by the Druid/Hunter lego's deck buff? Grr! 

Better call Thrall!

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

Well, that's just a nice card. And you can use the battlecries of those beasts as well, if any. 

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Koetti's Avatar Island 545 657 Posts Joined 11/21/2019

Some solid Support for Spell Druids.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 372 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Perfect curve for tempo druid. Seems amazing to me. Will see a lot of play. Also it's cheap, so it can activate spellburst.

• Almaniarra's Avatar Devoted Outlander 645 1163 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

oh wow, I didn't see this card neither in reveal stream nor reveal page, I might missed it somehow.

I love using Crystalsong Portal and this card must be quite essential in Spell Druid if there is a deck like that. I'm sure I will have but not so sure for meta. 5 stars for my tastes.

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

The value generation here, and for only 1 mana, is crazy. Even with the lower-tier offerings, this will pack a punch. And you won't be sad to get an Ironbeak Owl like from Exotic Mountseller because it's in your hand and you can silence something.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

Played on turn 1, it's really strong. After that though, it falls unless you're lucky enough to get a Taunt Beast later in the game. Generating 2 cards with 1 mana though is nothing to scoff at no matter what it's generating, and as a 1-Cost spell, it's good for some Spellburst effects and for Kael'thas.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Its actually not a bad card, practically made for token druid, which unlike the other archetypes, dont run too much card draw or ramp.

Will only gives you beast, means its consistent if nothing else.

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 524 Posts Joined 06/05/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

So i believe beast druid is kinda slow deck, and this is a great t1 play while filling your curve. Will sometime see play i guess

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Good for Spell Druid or some sort of Token list maybe. 

Could see play but not sure about it.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar 425 754 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

a cheap, flexible spell that can guarantee a turn 2 and 3 play, or to just activate a spellburst effect.

the pool for 2 and 3 cost minions in standard is pretty small, with 13 possible outcomes for 2 mana beasts and 17 3 mana beasts. Most of these minions aren't that strong but they can be played on curve in Arena or even on standard if you don't have anything better to do in those turns.

You're best pull from the 3 mana pool is King Mukla of Zixor, Apex Predator, who can become much bigger and poweful with Druid's glut of buff spells.

That said this card isn't that strong, it's just flexible and gives you some options to spend your mana on. It might see play but I think Druid has better options at 1 mana

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium