Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Priest Spell - Initiation

• Arthas's Avatar 300 957 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Rare Priest Spell, Initiation, has been revealed!

Initiation Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Huge potential, but difficult to really get big value out of. Priest isn't that good at damaging minions. They usually just kill them right away

remember when they printed Holy Water omegalul

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Holy Water but it doesn't totally suck, can be used on own minion sometimes for DR activation and such (our home our tombs)

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

A slightly better Holy Water, but that card was really bad.  Not super confident in this card since 4 damage is not likely to kill anything that big on turn 6, but we'll have to see how the meta shakes up.

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Copying minions costs 5 mana, and dealing 4 damage costs 3 mana. Granted, neither Faceless Manipulator or Shadow Bolt see a lot of play, but this does cost 2 less mana than playing both of those cards together, so maybe it will see play.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 372 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Better Holy Water! Nice! Also this can target your own minions, so it is also a RESS effect. (NOOOOO! WHY BLIZZ) This will see play in a lot of control priest decks.

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 336 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

A bit pricy. Not sure if many decks will want this, just because it comes down a little too late for spot removal against aggressive decks, and most priest decks already have board wipes on 6.

If midrange becomes a widely viable archetype, this is a strong counter.

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

It's a better Holy Water. I'm not sure if it's actually good enough to see play since Priest doesn't have that many ways of actually dealing damage outside of minion combat (usually preferring to just kill them outright with removal). But hey, it's still better Holy Water and when it works, it works.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Prime cards look really tasty right now.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1209 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

its a decent card, but unfortunately there's problems everywhere with using it.

Priest spells don't generally damage minions, so you're counting on your board to weaken a big target so this card can do something. Half the time, you wont have such a board to do so, and the other half of the time you'd much rather have something like Time Rip or Shadow Word: Death. Also, this cost 6 mana. So unless the thing you're aiming at has rush or taunt, you're likely just going to die after playing this card.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Decent card because it directly summons the minion - so its better than Holy Water. Even tough Priest has lots of removal i still think that this will see play.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 524 Posts Joined 06/05/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

I think there is better things to do with 6 mana than this play, but in some condition can swing tempo in your favor. Overall it's a no.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Basically, you want to use it on your own minions to activate some deathrattle. You don't want to kill an enemy minion with this, since it will resummon it back (unless it's a buffed low health one, Battlefiend for example). But it's so expensive.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

So expensive, but it could really swing the game with luck. Imagine finishing off something like a Walking Fountain and immediately getting healed for 8 and killing 2 minions.

• JFK's Avatar 465 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • Koetti's Avatar Island 545 657 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

4 Damage for 6 Mana is pretty bad, but I wouldn't  be surprissed if the Copy-Effect makes up for it. Removing something and putting a healthy Minion on the Board is very good Tempo.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

6 mana for 4 damage is a lot. Sure...sometime you can find some value, but it's not easy. I think it's not enough to see some play

• FaytFFX's Avatar 360 189 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

LOVE the golden art for this card. :D

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• scuac's Avatar 310 144 Posts Joined 07/31/2019

Will be abused, nerf target, 4/5

A puzzle box? What does it say? ... Yogi-Saffron something... sure, let's open it, what is the worst that could happen?

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 425 353 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Not good enough

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium