Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Paladin Spell - Blessing of Authority

• Arthas's Avatar 300 962 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago

A new Rare Paladin Spell, Blessing of Authority, has been revealed!

Blessing of Authority Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Scholomance Academy

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Scholomance Academy!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

• BloodMefist's Avatar 320 298 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Now THAT is some good stats for the cost.  Might see play in a deck with Alura, but I don't see this fitting into any existing archetypes.

• clawz161's Avatar Mountain 365 377 Posts Joined 07/16/2019

It's hard to tell if this would be good. Kinda like dinosize but not?  all i know is if your paladin opponent goes out of their way to hero power on turn 4 you shouldn't just leave it around.

I DON'T FIGHT FOR GOOD. AND I DON'T FIGHT FOR EVIL. I JUST FIGHT!

• UVE's Avatar 405 291 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Just put some cheap taunt+this and laught.

By The Holy Light!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 965 2064 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

that's actually pretty damn strong. Wisp meta incoming?

Since it only specifies "this turn" the threat remains. It's just an awkward play if you're already ahead.

One of the few genuinely good Paladin cards in this set. Maybe Pure Librams will be good enough after all (also you can double the attack on the next turn if the guy sticks)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• DoubleSummon's Avatar 910 1728 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

+8/+8 for 5 mana? and it only this turn they can't attack face? what? just totally destroy the enemy board this buff is just insanely good.

• CursedParrot's Avatar 290 417 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Is it just me or is this card insane? Not being able to go face with it is definitely a drawback, but if you put this on a unit that you just played that turn then it's sort of like a 5 Mana 8/8. Paying 1 more mana on Blessing of Kings for +4/+4 more seems worth not hitting face. You often use kings and then trade into a minion anyway. 

• KANSAS's Avatar 1100 2130 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

It can't attack heroes the turn you buff it, fine. But it still has +8/+8, which is a big enough buff that you will probably be okay waiting an extra turn. And even if you never get the opportunity to hit face, it still isn't bad just because of how many trades you will be able to do.

First rule of the English language: Their our know rules.

• Brandon's Avatar Devoted Outlander 305 373 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Let's me think about the card Dinosize. Blessing of Authority is cheaper and honestly pretty playable on just a Silver Hand Recruit just to act as hard removal. But we also got plenty of other cards like Subdue and Turalyon, the Tenured to do the exact same. Maybe it will be used in highlander Paladin, if it ever takes off?

In wild it's pretty decent in quest paladin. Gives Lynessa Sunsorrow +8/+8 and Lynessa Sunsorrow wasn't going face the same turn anyways. 

• economicaooc's Avatar 255 337 Posts Joined 03/04/2020

If a midrange deck can consistently have a lifesteal minion in play that this can target, then this is a great anti-aggro tool.

The downside makes this card fairly poor against slower decks, where the buff is the same as developing a 5 mana 8/8. (Except that it and another minion can be killed by the same spell)

This post is discussing the wild format.

• Demonxz95's Avatar Content Squad Card Designer Enthusiast 750 1056 Posts Joined 03/19/2019

It's pretty good put on a minion with summoning sickness since it can't attack that turn anyway, although I'm not sure how often you put stat buffs on minions with summoning sicknesses.

• DarkFrostX's Avatar 290 436 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Even though you can't use it for smork the stats makes it really good, and it's even better in minions that cannot attack that turn.

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1211 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

In paladin there's plenty of reasons why you'd not be going face after playing a buff. And this one generates a massive minion that needs to be dealt with after, presumably it takes a value trade.

I'd rate this high, but I can't seem to get it out of my mind that Blessing of Kings is just a better card because its one turn sooner.

• JackJimson's Avatar Dragon Scholar 240 236 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

The way I understand this is minion can still attack the turn before buffed by this?

For example,

• turn 4 drop minion,
    • turn 5 value trade or atk face, then buff using this
    • turn 6 This minion can attack again(?)

5 mana 8/8 seems potent especially if you can attach it to a minion with taunt or lifesteal.

Also, additional value from Lady Liadrin.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 420 532 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I see this only as a defensive tool to buff up some Taunt or Lifesteal minion for the heal.

Nice card.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Vandaren's Avatar 320 525 Posts Joined 06/05/2019

Hmm.. it's BIG alright, but i can't see a time that pally can play this on a good minion.

• Emptyness's Avatar Supporter 460 522 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

So much powercreep compared to Dinosize. Yes - the old one was used as a finisher. But damn - this one cost only 5 mana, so you can even hero power + this on t7 and check if opponent has some silence/removal spell.

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” ― George Bernard Shaw

EU Legend: S52 (ZooHeal Lock); S76 (Highlander Hunter);

• Pezman's Avatar 580 759 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 2 weeks ago

Hey guys, some minions have Lifesteal, just sayin'.

• JFK's Avatar 470 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
  • Koetti's Avatar Island 545 657 Posts Joined 11/21/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

That Buff is pretty juicy!

But I think that it will suffer the same Fate as every other big Pally-Buff (well, except Spikeridged Steed). You put it on a Minion, the Opponent removes it and you feel dumb for putting that Card into your Deck.

Long, drawn-out Control Match-ups with Boardclears en masse and an unbelievable amount of greedy cards?

Sign me up!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium