Remove Ads - Go Premium

New Rogue & Warrior Spell - Cutting Class

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar 425 753 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago

5 mana draw 2 cards has been seen in Druid with Aeroponics, which helped the Treant Token deck during the launch of DoD until the Year of the Raven Rotated out leaving some key Treant synergy cards out of standard.

Both Warrior and Rogue are prominent weapon classes, and both have also received some cards in this set that benefit from running weapons - Doctor Krastinov and SteelDancer, who either increase the attack and durabililty or summons additional minions based on weapon attack.

If discounted by (2) mana this card becomes the equivalent of Arcane Intellect, while not the most powerful draw spell in Hearthstone it is one of the most seen historically with Tempo and freeze mage.

2 deck archetypes that care about having weapons are the quests from Savior of Ulduum, Warrior requires weapons to accomplish the quest while Rogues gives a very beneficial weapon on their hero power. I feel that both decks were somewhat mid-range in playstyle, and mid-range can always use more draw.

The Galakrond decks can also utilize this card if they've been invoked enough times to equip the Weapon. play Galakrond, effect goes off, play this spell.

It can become a fairly cheap and flexible spell for both classes, I believe it will see some play on the ladder

• dapperdog's Avatar 655 1207 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 1 week, 6 days ago
    Quote From Almaniarra
    Quote From dapperdog

Draws you cards and if you have a 5 damage weapon then this is free.

Yes, this is good. Yes this will go into all aggro rogue/warrior decks. But will it ever go anywhere else? That's another question. Risky Skipper combo is still here and not going anywhere, and rogue still has cards like Dirty Tricks and greyheart sage to do the same thing.

Perhaps next year this will truly shine. Until then, I cant see Risky Skipper making way for this, so its strictly going to aggro pirate warrior and little else.

I really can't get it why there are comments like this. It is like we have a tournement format while playing on ladder and we have a limitation to build only one deck with a class.

It doesn't mean that some viable class decks outclass the other. There might be different viable archetypes for a class and that doesn't mean they are outclassing each other.

Risky Skipper combo is a different thing, this card's support is different. You might want to climb ladder with that deck, someone wants to play warrior but with different archetype.

Don't act like there "should" or "have to" be only one archetype of deck for each class in the meta.

If you have said that some existing cards outclass this one for target archetype like " Why would i use Self-Sharpening Sword while i can use Hooked Scimitar or Waggle Pick" I could understand tho. But you are comparing different type of cards for different archetypes.

I dont get this response. Its not as though as Im shitting on any particular deck or archetype. And its not like I'm saying or implying that one deck trumps the other. All that was said was that I dont see this going anywhere except aggro decks for both rogue and warrior.

• JFK's Avatar 465 437 Posts Joined 07/31/2019
    Posted 1 week, 5 days ago

Seems much better in warrior than rogue, even with their weapon buffs. Draw is always nice, but this is kinda weakish. Pirate warrior definitely won't turn down cheap draw though.

• Guenh's Avatar Devoted Academic 395 496 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Thanks to Secret Passage and Battle Rage both class don't need a new draw card...but it's good enough. We have Hooked ScimitarWaggle Pick and Reaper's Scythe...and draw 2 for 1 mana is super good

• FaytFFX's Avatar 360 189 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

I feel like this is going to be too slow to see real play.

Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 425 353 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

This might be good enough.

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• linkinboy0's Avatar 375 236 Posts Joined 07/07/2019

Like the card, like the joke in the name!!

• Valord's Avatar 245 281 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Looks alright, but I feel like the classes have better card draw currently.

• Horus's Avatar Scholomance Scholar 1010 1614 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Drawing card is always one of warriors weakness, this will come in handy, given the right weaponry.

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• theo333's Avatar 440 364 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Ah, so good for Recruit Warrior. Two 1-cost cards drawing 4 cards after playing Death's Bite Card Image

• Janusi's Avatar Headmaster 280 203 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

There's some new weapons, and old ones, that would make this spell 1 or 0 cost draw 2. That's a good deal.

• Fisguinho's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 365 156 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 week, 4 days ago

Free draws for weapon warrior, bring back your fiery war axes

All hail the banshee queen.

• Erodos's Avatar 360 408 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This card needs at least a 3 attack weapon to see play, which I can see in rogue with that new cute vulpera card or in warrior with Wrenchcalibur. 2 mana draw 2 is just good enough.

• ChocolateChipCooke's Avatar 455 255 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

I thought this would be pretty weak, but it seems like Odd Rogue will be using this as an auto-include, so maybe some standard, hyper-aggro, weapon deck will get the same use out of it.

It seems like it is right on the cusp of really strong and kinda slow.

• NerdyMcNerd's Avatar 245 18 Posts Joined 04/13/2020

I guess this is (kind of?) worth it even with a two attack weapon because it is just Arcane Intellect. But obviously it's better if it's cheaper!

😀

• Safiron's Avatar Devoted Academic 215 150 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Weapon warrior... This will be a strange meta.

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 335 384 Posts Joined 09/24/2019

Nice draw for both classes since it'll be either real cheap or might be a bit expensive but they both have enough weapons to sustain a cheap draw unlikes that candle breath or whatever.

Only a fool thinks they know everything. I admit that I know nothing

• UVE's Avatar 405 291 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Card draw for tempo/pirate decks are always good. 

Both classes can reduce the cost to 1-2 mana.

By The Holy Light!

• MatwanBR's Avatar 110 32 Posts Joined 07/28/2019

Warrior was needing another card draw

• SavageDrago's Avatar 230 150 Posts Joined 05/07/2020

Ugly for (5), decent at (3), amazing at (1) or (0). I say we will see this a lot next week forward.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium