New Neutral Minion - Darkmoon Rabbit

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2906 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Honestly lol. Even the card art reflects its roots. Amazing that when it was revealed no one in blizz bothered to at least quote a few lines from the show where this came from.

I guess we'll be seeing paladin or priest get holy hand grenades then.

As a card however, its just arena fodder. No one in standard will be playing this unironically. Most 10 drops are expected to do two things if not win you the game; value trade, and go face. This card can do neither, nor can it win you the game too. Any deck that needs a 10 mana removal can and should be expected to do better than kill 3 minions with one card.

• Pezman's Avatar Academy Adventurer 1715 1564 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Extremely powerful, but too expensive. Plus, it is easily defeated by Divine Shield and several secrets.

• Zyella's Avatar Valeera 505 467 Posts Joined 10/16/2020
    Quote From PLANETCRUNCH

In wild this can be cheated out with Oakheart, allowing you to clear 3 minions a turn faster.

Druid has ways to discount this minion or even just ramp to play it several turns early. 

I suspect this minion might find home in a new N'zoth deck - this is a powerful beast to resurrect on turn 10 that can clear at least half of your opponents board. We'll just need to see what other minions you'll run in that deck. 

without new support i dont think wild druid will use this at all. a n'zoth druid wants hadranox no other beatss and for oakhearth which isnt really played youd prefer getting the 1/5 that douvles end of turn effects to pull more dragons with taunt from your deck.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 800 1208 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

No I mean the new N'zoth that summons 1 minion of each type, not the N'zoth that summons Death rattle minions. 

and when I mentioned Druid I just meant plain ole "I'm ramping every turn" druid who'll drop a 10 mana minion on like turn 5 or 6 or whatever

• Neoguli's Avatar Duskrider 730 419 Posts Joined 06/25/2019

It's a massive neutral removal, which I think we haven't really seen before and may warrant the high Cost. As some pointed out, this can be resurrected and used to further control the board. I don't think hope is lost for this card.

"Truth is in the shadows, waiting to be revealed by the light. But light only disperses the shadow." - Me

"If other people shared traits of those considered naive, the world would've become a better place." - Also me

• Meteorite12's Avatar 670 696 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From PLANETCRUNCH

No I mean the new N'zoth that summons 1 minion of each type, not the N'zoth that summons Death rattle minions. 

and when I mentioned Druid I just meant plain ole "I'm ramping every turn" druid who'll drop a 10 mana minion on like turn 5 or 6 or whatever

Hadranox is a beast too is the thing

Who needs consistency when you could have fun?

• Thonson's Avatar HearthStationeer 1350 1341 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

It might not be meta in terms of play, but it’s situationally good.  Need to clear a few taunts to have a clear path for lethal with the minions already on board?  And your opponent’s taunts are all right next to each other?!?!  Send in the Rabbit!!!

Team5 has said they work with the idea that every card they design now should at least be playable.  And meta depending, this is.  It’s not the type of card that’ll automatically see play, but as a tech card if taunt filled control decks popped up, this could win by clearing a taunt or three like I mentioned.

Are there still better options?!  Probably!  But it’ll likely get played by someone at some point.  But not necessarily be a staple in a meta deck(s).

Quick!  Someone give me something clever to write here.

• Horus's Avatar Elwynn Boar 2040 2307 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Quote From PopeNeia

This might just be the most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodent I have ever laid my eyes on...

I thought you were being eloquent, before realizing you were flavorful ^^

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• madcat's Avatar Child of the Night 975 251 Posts Joined 06/02/2019
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From AnAngryBadger

Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Don't worry. I am sure we will get a Holy Hand Grenade card revealed soon. And if not, we could always try to taunt it so that it becomes very angry and makes a mistake

Only if the Holy Hand Grenade costs 5 (3, sir!).

"Do not forsake me oh my darling"

• Claeshj's Avatar 90 13 Posts Joined 01/10/2020
    Quote From DoubleSummon

Everyone who have seen re:zero season 2 is terrified of this card..

Or you know, Monty Python where the reference is from :

• Modalko's Avatar Darkmoon Rabbit 400 47 Posts Joined 06/24/2019

Obviously, nobody would be happy to pay the 10 mana for it, but cheating it out with Dorian/Plot twist, Darkest hour, Meatwagons, Kobold Illusionists, and what have you is what makes every Johnny's heart beats faster! 

• DoubleSummon's Avatar Ancestral Recall 1580 2269 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From Claeshj
    Quote From DoubleSummon

I only know 2 memes from that movie (this but a scratch, and the guy who licks a poisoned dagger), I assumed a murderous rabbit wouldn't be unique to re zero, so I guess rezero might have also be inspired from that movie I guess.

Anyway after that episode rabbits scare me. 

• meisterz39's Avatar 820 1003 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Great result for evolution, and maybe there's a slim chance you could add it as your only beast in a Darkmoon N'Zoth deck? Probably too weak to see play, though.

• meisterz39's Avatar 820 1003 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon

I have no idea what that is, but I'm pretty sure this is a reference to the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog of Monty Python and the Holy Grail fame.

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1735 2904 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From DoubleSummon
    Quote From Claeshj
    Quote From DoubleSummon

I only know 2 memes from that movie (this but a scratch, and the guy who licks a poisoned dagger), I assumed a murderous rabbit wouldn't be unique to re zero, so I guess rezero might have also be inspired from that movie I guess.

If you haven't watched Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail then you are really missing out. It's easily one of the funniest, if not the funniest movie I have ever seen.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• JackJimson's Avatar 595 580 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

Meme references and flavor aside, this looks like a filler card.

10 mana to kill 3 minions is usually not worth it. 

I think this will only see play as a (mostly) bad outcome evolve or a hail mary evolve.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1385 2906 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Quote From KANSAS
    Quote From DoubleSummon
    Quote From Claeshj
    Quote From DoubleSummon

If you haven't watched Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail then you are really missing out. It's easily one of the funniest, if not the funniest movie I have ever seen.

Then its obvious you havent seen life of brian (from the same guys)

That is definitely the funniest movie to ever exist.

• Anathemos's Avatar 450 96 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Look at th’ bones!

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 770 1204 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

This seems to bad for 10 mana, maybe at 8 and you could kinda run it with the new N'zoth but I dunno. 10 seems a lot.

• PLANETCRUNCH's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 800 1208 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Quote From Meteorite12
    Quote From PLANETCRUNCH

Hadranox is a beast too is the thing

okay yeah now I see what they meant. Kinda feel silly now. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium