New Hunter Minion - Darkmoon Tonk

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
  • Input's Avatar 470 259 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Such a low health. I really only see this working with Blastenheimer or Oblivatron and that's too inconsistent.

• Fisguinho's Avatar The Raven 1165 411 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

More cards to support deathrattle hunter

All hail the banshee queen.

• KillaFIsh's Avatar 340 198 Posts Joined 07/10/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

I've seen it have some play with Nine lives, and that seems really strong.  Otherwise, it doesn't seem that strong.  Maybe with Maxima, but I feel like you would rather have protodrake or a colossus.

"Some inspirational quote from some famous person" - Some famous person

• ShadowsOfSense's Avatar Community Manager Buried Alive 1470 1066 Posts Joined 10/23/2018
    Posted 1 year ago

I will make this work with Maxima Blastenheimer, Nine Lives and Jewel of N'Zoth - why not, let's throw Oblivitron in there too.

I don't care if it's bad, it's one of my favourite types of Hunter deck (second only to Dragon Hunter) and I love getting more big support for it.

Welcome to the site!

• Geno9999's Avatar Pirate King 1100 489 Posts Joined 11/10/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

I think the only deck this ever gets play in is with Maxima Blastenheimer, otherwise feels a bit awkward to play.

• randomfan's Avatar Lion's Guard 1050 713 Posts Joined 03/17/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

This might be a good enough mech for hunter to include in a N'Zoth deck. Otherwise, it is too easy to remove and the distributed deathrattle damage feels less effective.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• sule's Avatar Content Squad Alterac Academic 580 444 Posts Joined 08/21/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

This is really expensive for a minion that seems to want to be an aggressive minion, and there are very few ways to cheat it out early (and most ways to cheat it out can cheat out much better Deathrattle minions).

I have spoken.

• Psymon's Avatar Red Riding Hood 1275 318 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From Brandon

Interesting. Good synergy with Maxima Blastenheimer for lot's of FACE dmg, and has a lot of synergy with Oblivitron. Also Darkmoon Tonk + Nine Lives can be a nice blast to your opponents FACE, or a clear!

Standard: Unfortunately for Darkmoon Tonk, the deathrattle hunter archetype needs quite a lot more support in order to become competitive. And FACE hunter is already better at going FACE than deathrattle hunter. To make it worse, Oblivitron, Ursatron, Nine Lives and other deathrattle hunter cards are going to rotate in 4-5 months. So deathrattle hunter has a really short time in the spotlight before a lot of "core" deathrattle hunter cards rotate out of standard. Darkmoon Tonk and it's archetype will need a LOT of support in this, and coming expansion(s) to thrive. 

Wild: 0% impact, horrible card and will see nearly no play. Okay it MIGHT see play in decks from Standard players who accidentally play in wild, or it will see play because some poor memer soul went Whizbang the Wonderful and got deathrattle hunter. Hunter is one of the worst classes in wild, so i don't think Darkmoon Tonk and deathrattle hunter are going to be enough to spice up the meta. Otherwise we would have seen some kind of FACE hunter in the wild meta already.

I think that it will se play for face hunter as the most expensive card in her deck. You're getting a big minion that for itself can deal a lot of damage so if you don't deal with him can be demolidor, and then the deathrattle hits you with a good amount of damage.

I'm not telling that every hunter fd should wear two copies of it but at least one can be, for sure, pretty interesting to have.

Xbox gamertag - Psymonjet

• Draketh's Avatar Darkmaster 1055 831 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

A strong card with great synergies, will most likely see some play

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.