New Shaman Spell - Deathmatch Pavilion

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
  • slychd's Avatar Sparklepony 1155 484 Posts Joined 05/30/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

This will be nothing or it will lead to aggro shaman.

• Zyella's Avatar Valeera 525 478 Posts Joined 10/16/2020
    Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From Brandon

Nice cheap spell that can summon a lot of stats. I guess were going to see weapon Shaman pop up? Maybe this fits in Totem druid because of Splitting Axe? The thing to note is that we haven't seen nearly any shaman card so far, so more cards for this archetype will probably be revealed in a HS chat or something, just like Libram Paladin and Soul DH/Warlock. Guess we will have to wait until then you really evaluate this card.

Standard: Weapon Shaman: Depends how good this new archetype is, depend on the new cards yet to be revealed. Probably spell damage shaman because of Rune Dagger. And maybe Totem shaman? It can go in control shaman because of The Fist of Ra-den?

Wild: This fits well already in EVEN Shaman. EVEN Shaman has some weapons like Stormforged Axe and Likkim, so there are plenty of opportunities for the effect to go off. Other than that, i don't really know any other deck Deathmatch Pavilion might see play in.

Is it just me, or is Shaman in some kind of Class identity crisis? I thought that was Paladins thing? Seems like Shaman really took a HUGE blow after losing Shudderwock almost a year ago, and never recovered from it. Shaman is really bad without a OP AF card to carry it.

they started giving palladin actual  fitting cards and complete themes so now they pushed the lets just throw whatever at it and hope something sticks at shama

• clawz161's Avatar The Undying 825 818 Posts Joined 07/16/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

If the first thing you think of when you see this image is "Ah yes, a duelist" You are mentally deficient. 

It could have easily summoned a rock elemental, or a totem, or a frog or literally anything that sounded like it fit the class. But a duelist? Mage has a duelist in Mozaki, Master Duelist which made sense, she is a magic duelist, she has a dueling wand, and it hinted at the new duel game mode. But shaman? Paladin has weapons and a dueling theme: Duel! the card very easily more fits paladin in it's current state. 

How would i change it to fit shaman more? Very simple change. Change duelist into something more thematic for shamans. It doesn't have to summon elementals, it doesn't have to summon totems. It could literally say: "Summon a 3/2 enhanced shaman."(or enhancement shaman if they're not trying to beat around the bush with enhancement shaman) That's it. And to people thinking this doesn't matter, there's precedent for this in Omega Defender for them changing a card to where it makes sense thematically.

Living like that.

• Horus's Avatar Skeleton 2190 2505 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

2x 3/2 for (2) mana - if your hero has attacked - is pretty darn good.
    And attacking with shammy isn't really hard either, even more so when 13 hours later they reveal Whack-A-Gnoll Hammer, Cagematch Custodian and Inara Stormcrash

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1015 1417 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 year ago
    Quote From Zyella
    Quote From Brandon

Nice cheap spell that can summon a lot of stats. I guess were going to see weapon Shaman pop up? Maybe this fits in Totem druid because of Splitting Axe? The thing to note is that we haven't seen nearly any shaman card so far, so more cards for this archetype will probably be revealed in a HS chat or something, just like Libram Paladin and Soul DH/Warlock. Guess we will have to wait until then you really evaluate this card.

Standard: Weapon Shaman: Depends how good this new archetype is, depend on the new cards yet to be revealed. Probably spell damage shaman because of Rune Dagger. And maybe Totem shaman? It can go in control shaman because of The Fist of Ra-den?

Wild: This fits well already in EVEN Shaman. EVEN Shaman has some weapons like Stormforged Axe and Likkim, so there are plenty of opportunities for the effect to go off. Other than that, i don't really know any other deck Deathmatch Pavilion might see play in.

Is it just me, or is Shaman in some kind of Class identity crisis? I thought that was Paladins thing? Seems like Shaman really took a HUGE blow after losing Shudderwock almost a year ago, and never recovered from it. Shaman is really bad without a OP AF card to carry it.

they started giving palladin actual  fitting cards and complete themes so now they pushed the lets just throw whatever at it and hope something sticks at shama

Yeah, let's hope they will give shaman a similar treatment to the one paladin currently gets.

RNG is only fun as long as there is a 50/50 chance of getting something really good or trash level of bad. If RNG always results in something good, then it's not fun.

• DescentOfDragonsOp's Avatar 525 353 Posts Joined 12/02/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

dont see this as good even with the enhancement shaman archetype

TOTAL CORRUPTION

TOTAL POWAAAAAAA

• MenacingBagel's Avatar 805 683 Posts Joined 09/24/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Coin wep then summon 2 on 2? or play wep on 3 and summon 4 on 4? Truly a mystery for the ages. I do find the 3/2 to be a bit weird stat wise though

Reject meta return TO WHIZBANG BABY

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Crossroads Historian 710 471 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Outside of Lightning Bloom shenanigans, this almost functions like a corrupt card in the fact that the full effect of Deathmatch Pavilion can't be recognized on turn two and requires you to play a card to set up that full effect. Like my opinion with corrupt cards, I think the impact of the stat upside with the bonus effect falls off a cliff past turns 3-4, making it a terrible top deck if you don't draw it early on. Overall, I just don't think this is consistent enough without having a way to get this out on turn two.

For glory, honor, and gold!

• KillaFIsh's Avatar 340 198 Posts Joined 07/10/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Could be strong.  Glad that shaman doesn't have a turn one weapon, otherwise, this would be was too strong.

"Some inspirational quote from some famous person" - Some famous person

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Prince Charming 1570 929 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Probably the best Shaman card of this expansion, even if it does require your hero to be able to attack.

• Lundy's Avatar Little Devil Teemo 1320 684 Posts Joined 06/21/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Nothing more than pack filler. Terrible late game, and needs a weapon for early game.

• Input's Avatar 470 259 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Seems a bit slow.

• Fisguinho's Avatar The Raven 1165 411 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

seems good with all the attack shaman cards blizzard pushed out

All hail the banshee queen.

• randomfan's Avatar Lion's Guard 1050 713 Posts Joined 03/17/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

I'm skeptical on this one. Is token shaman going to be a thing? I think I'll be pretty upset if I pull this as one of my epics.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• Geno9999's Avatar Pirate King 1100 489 Posts Joined 11/10/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

If it was a Demon Hunter card, I'd think it'd be okay. Under Shaman, this is really hard to play on a nice curve.

• PopeNeia's Avatar Darkmaster 570 771 Posts Joined 07/06/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

And Shaman gets another useless epic...

This ain't no place for a hero

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 1040 586 Posts Joined 05/28/2020
    Posted 1 year ago

Hooray for aggro shaman! 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• ShadowsOfSense's Avatar Community Manager Buried Alive 1470 1066 Posts Joined 10/23/2018
    Posted 1 year ago

I mean, a 2 mana 3/2 is fine, and two of them is good. I just don't know that Shaman loves swarming the board with those right now?

Welcome to the site!

• Draketh's Avatar Darkmaster 1055 831 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

It's not bad, but it feels more like a Warrior card than a Shaman one

• sule's Avatar Content Squad Alterac Academic 580 444 Posts Joined 08/21/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

It's a decent rate, but obviously wants to be in a deck where you attack with your Hero early and often. Otherwise it just doesn't cut it.

I have spoken.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.