New Warlock Minion - Tickatus

Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
  • Sparkinarius's Avatar Crossroads Historian 710 471 Posts Joined 07/18/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

After having seen all of the cards for the expansion, this is my personal pick for the strongest card in the set. This creates a win condition just with itself and Y'Shaarj, the Defiler. Just send your opponent into fatigue while burning their key cards by playing at least 2 copies of Tickatus throughout the course of the game. Sense Demons can help tutor Tickatus out along with a few other demons to make sure you have this early on in the game. The one challenge with Tickatus is finding the right cards to include to corrupt, but Soulciologist Malicia, Siamat, and Twisting Nether are some good choices to start with. I legit think this could easily become a top tier deck and be one of the first nerf candidates, so watch out!

For glory, honor, and gold!

• UVE's Avatar 1100 780 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

The uncorrupted version is unplayable. If the wording were "discard top 5 cards" could be played on discolock.

By The Holy Light!

• KillaFIsh's Avatar 340 198 Posts Joined 07/10/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

So So SO SO strong.  Disruption tool that basically will ruin control v control.  I think there's a nerf incoming (cost increase probably).

"Some inspirational quote from some famous person" - Some famous person

• NebuchadnezzarHS's Avatar Prince Charming 1570 929 Posts Joined 06/14/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Meme card at best, doubt it will see any constructed play in standard or wild.

• PainlessSteel's Avatar 330 93 Posts Joined 08/16/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

My plans to craft this card golden were crashed: I received a regular copy as the 1st level reward...

• Lundy's Avatar Little Devil Teemo 1320 684 Posts Joined 06/21/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

This will certainly be played. This card doesn't have a terribly hard corrupt condition, and if you ever happen to play the demon cost reduction spell for whatever reason, gets even easier.

• Input's Avatar 470 259 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

I like it on paper, but reno lock does fine with brann+gnomeferatu+zola in the matches where this kind of milling is important and you can tempo out gnome if you need.

• randomfan's Avatar Lion's Guard 1050 713 Posts Joined 03/17/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

I like that there is at least one option to play in standard for potentially countering Polkelt decks. Does this card ever get played uncorrupted? It says remove the cards, not discard them so it won't even fit into any mechanics if is played vanilla.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• Fisguinho's Avatar The Raven 1165 411 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Amazing stats, 6 cost makes it pretty easy to corrupt. I think this card will either be nerfed or be a must enchant

All hail the banshee queen.

• ShadowsOfSense's Avatar Community Manager Buried Alive 1470 1066 Posts Joined 10/23/2018
    Posted 1 year ago

You love to see a potential counter for Lorekeeper Polkelt combo decks. On the other hand, you may run this as the top end of an aggressive deck, since you don't care about burning your cards. Then again, why not just run various Giants?

Welcome to the site!

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 1040 586 Posts Joined 05/28/2020
    Posted 1 year ago

Could really wreck opponents. COULD. 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• Geno9999's Avatar Pirate King 1100 489 Posts Joined 11/10/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

Even without getting fancy, corrupting and then ripping up 5 cards from your opponent's deck shouldn't be something to sneeze at, especially against Control or Combo decks where this card has the best chance to be corrupted in the first place.

• Psymon's Avatar Red Riding Hood 1275 318 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

I'd love to see an alternate text on this card that says: "Corrupt this minion. Then delete the win condition of your opponent and make him concede"

Xbox gamertag - Psymonjet

• Draketh's Avatar Darkmaster 1055 831 Posts Joined 04/02/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

By far the most interesting card in the expansion, can't wait to try it

• sule's Avatar Content Squad Alterac Academic 580 444 Posts Joined 08/21/2019
    Posted 1 year ago

OK for slow Warlock decks that want to deny assets from their control opponents. You don't play this without Corrupting it first, because an 8/8 for 6 that otherwise only has downside just doesn't cut it in serious decks.

I have spoken.

• CapTim511's Avatar Darkmoon Rabbit 215 5 Posts Joined 10/28/2020
    Posted 1 year ago

So far, this card has been the worst part of the expansion for me. I've been trying some mega high-value control decks for fun and keep running into this. Even though I've beaten every Warlock in the long game, having 10 cards milled (including 3/4 of the old gods) makes the matches incredibly unfun. Powerful card, but I'm not a fan.

• Daowen's Avatar Snow-Covered 560 204 Posts Joined 03/19/2019
    Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago

do we really have to see this card multiple times in a match?
    Time for a big nerf, especially for control players

I'm not online       cat          it's just your imagination

• Zyella's Avatar Valeera 525 478 Posts Joined 10/16/2020
    Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago
    Quote From Daowen

do we really have to see this card multiple times in a match?
    Time for a big nerf, especially for control players

Warlock isnt doing to hot standard, neither is ticktatus. And a card that can help beat control/combo is allowed to excist,.

Objectivly is no balance reaosn at all why should be nerfed.

• Grumpy000's Avatar 1490 990 Posts Joined 06/06/2019
    Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago

too slow

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• Pezman's Avatar Pirate King 1835 1578 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago

I've been having solid success with a Mill Warlock in Standard. I aim to draw Tickatus with either The Dark Portal or Jepetto Joybuzz, and sometimes copy him with Felosophy. Even at full cost I can corrupt him with Galakrond or Twisting Nether. Then Y'Shaarj, the Defiler comes in for round 2. Deck features tons of removal and healing. Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate for the lolz.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.