New Neutral Minion - Shadow Hunter Vol'jin

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 675 1493 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

A new Legendary Neutral Minion, Shadow Hunter Vol'jin, has been revealed!

Shadow Hunter Vol'jin Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1635 2504 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 15 hours ago

I imagine you could use this in Druid with some cheap minion generating spells to get large taunts early. This can also help you cheese through Taunts. Other than that I don't think this will be played a lot. 5 mana to "disrupt" your opponent's board seems pretty clunky. 

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• randomfan's Avatar 755 278 Posts Joined 03/17/2019
    Posted 5 days, 13 hours ago

Nicely versatile card. You can use it on your own minions to cheat out something big, or escape a negative battlecry. You can use it as a potential disruption card to break combos.  There is also always the soft removal option, a la Sap, to just put something scary, or buffed up back into your opponent's hand and trade for some other minion of theirs. I wonder what happens if there is no minion in hand to swap. Is there no effect or does it behave exactly like Sap at that point?

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Face Collector 1100 153 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 5 days, 11 hours ago

This could be nice. Want to get rid of a big taunt? Done. Want to replay a strong battlecry? Done. Just hope you don't pull some 10-mana minion from the enemy's hand on turn 5.

• Dreams's Avatar Gul'dan 205 96 Posts Joined 11/05/2020

I pulled a tickatus warlock's y'shaarj and won because of it.

• dapperdog's Avatar 1130 1888 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

A strong tech card. And perhaps in time it will prove too strong. Most decks would want this if only because its basically a better silence card, or a backup removal option. In some cases, it even enables a second battlecry. The possibilities are endless.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 615 669 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 5 hours ago

This looks very strong because you can also target your own minions which will happen most of the time because if you use it on your opponent minion this could easily backfire.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1105 2174 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Mediocre anti combo tool and occasional cheat engine (even though you need at least 6 mana at which point cheating out something bigger isn't that relevant)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 620 637 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Strong tech card, kinda like a more expansive Dirty Rat. Also seems good for Big decks like Big Warrior and Duel! Paladin right now, before they rotate. (BUT obviously you never want to pull Shadow Hunter Vol'jin with Dimensional Ripper or any other "recruit" card. so that's a big downside.)

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 5 days ago

Fun card. I've been running it in a big Paladin. Bouncing recruits to land a 10drop is fun. Won me a game or two from bouncing an enemy taunt too. Real fun to play with. 

Love these preview legendaries. Always entertaining to play around with during reveal seasons.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• Tondogioieni's Avatar 20 2 Posts Joined 02/20/2021
    Posted 5 days ago

This is a great discount for otk mage(Antonidas), tried it in wild but i'm betting it could work in standard too.

• UVE's Avatar 835 504 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 4 days, 23 hours ago

If the enemy doesn't have minions on hand that card would work as Sap? Or doesn't do anything because there is no Minion to swap?

By The Holy Light!

• OldenGolden's Avatar Snow-Covered 475 69 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 4 days, 11 hours ago

So far my favorite move with it is getting rid of a Libram buffed whatever that a paladin left out there - no more minion, no more librams.

• RavenSunHS's Avatar Refreshment Vendor 865 1472 Posts Joined 03/27/2019
    Posted 4 days, 7 hours ago

Definitely a juicy card, but I doubt it will be popular past its first week. In general, despite the apparent versatility, it's just too situational.

It's too unreliable against enemy minions, and Control decks have better options most of the time, while Aggro simply cannot afford a (5) 3/6 tech card.

Big Recruit decks are also better off without him for best consistency of summon from deck.

Either way, I'm trying it in Big Demon Hunter (with Felscreamer, Priestess of Fury and Overfiend as backup Midrange plan + big Naga and Colossus) and it's a nice card there, definitely a buff to the deck. It's just that the deck itself is still quite limited I think.

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1430 1167 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 days, 16 hours ago

I like combo disruption, so I can see this being useful. Maybe also worth it to avoid your own minion's negative battlecry?

With a couple mana discounts, combining this with Silas Darkmoon could be fun.

• doingtheobvious's Avatar Transfer Student 835 362 Posts Joined 06/01/2019
    Posted 3 days, 15 hours ago

Tried him out a few times here and there, have to say I am quite impressed with his versatility.

Makes me interested to see if the rest of the FiTB will have the same amount of thought and care put into it.

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1145 576 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 3 days, 6 hours ago

Added him to my Deck of Chaos warlock, and have to say, pretty great at a 3 mana 5/6

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium