New Neutral Minion - Blademaster Samuro

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 675 1493 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

A new Legendary Neutral Minion, Blademaster Samuro, has been revealed!

Blademaster Samuro Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• Mikwits's Avatar 325 27 Posts Joined 03/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

Really interesting neutral aoe, love it!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1635 2504 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 15 hours ago

It's like a neutral Swipe. If Dragonmaw Scorcher can see even a minuscule amount of play, Samuro will get to see play as well.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• randomfan's Avatar 755 278 Posts Joined 03/17/2019
    Posted 5 days, 13 hours ago

It has a decent Frenzy payoff, but I wonder if there will be some handbuff options to make it really powerful.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't as common as it should be.

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Unwrapped 1790 2143 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 5 days, 13 hours ago
    Quote From KANSAS

It's like a neutral Swipe. If Dragonmaw Scorcher can see even a minuscule amount of play, Samuro will get to see play as well.

More like Arcane Explosion than Swipe, i guess one minion does get 2 dmg, so a baby-swipe :) But with some (hand)buff action, this could clear a lot. Still decent as is tho.

Forged in the Barrens Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• Thonson's Avatar 1240 1105 Posts Joined 03/24/2019
    Posted 5 days, 11 hours ago

This and the rank up spells gave me major WC3 vibes for sure!

I never lose, I just win at having fun.

• Thonson's Avatar 1240 1105 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

Forgot to mention, Blademaster + Inner Rage... the attack gain should happen before the Frenzy effect right?  Because the spell damaging the minion would have to resolve before the effect triggers.  Meaning if Inner Rage is part of the Core set and remains the same it's a two card, 4 mana 3/5 Rush that also does 3 AOE to all enemy minions even before you Rush attack.

Even if Inner Rage isn't Core, I'll maybe try it out in Wild a bit.

I never lose, I just win at having fun.

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Face Collector 1100 153 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

How good this is will depend on how easy it is to buff it before you proc the Frenzy effect.

• dapperdog's Avatar 1130 1888 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

If you can somehow buff this then this card is straightup insane. But that's probably the biggest problem with this card. The two classes that can easily buff its attack, warrior and paladin, already have another swing option in Lord Barov, so the only other class that can reasonably do it is rogue with Cold Blood.

Not sure if this will ever take the meta by storm. Probably not. But I'm fairly certain team5 wouldn't just print cards like this without some kind of support card for it, so I'm on the fence with this one.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 615 669 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 5 hours ago

Nice neutral AoE. The Power of the Card depends on how much handbuff stuff we will see .

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1105 2174 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Really seems like more of a Warrior or Paladin legendary doesn't it?

Warrior can combo with Inner Rage for a quick Hellfire, Paladin can just buff it and run it into something for variable amounts of damage (Blessing of Might meta pog)

Should at least appear in Libram Pally (since Pure is going away anyways unless they print more support)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 620 637 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

REALLY interesting and good card. Might as well see play in nearly every class. Blademaster Samuro is really good alongside handbuffs and it's 6 health makes it really easy to survive a trade and get the Frenzy off. Rogue can definatly use this very well to actually get an good AOE card, Libram Paladin can also use it well, and obviously Warrior, Druid and hunter. Hunter now get's a board clear thats not a secret, and it might enable some midrange/combo hunter deck with Beastmaster Leoroxx to finally shine. Also Rogue can REALLY use Blademaster Samuro because rogues only have like 2 other Board clears, those being Fan of Knives and Blade Flurry. I'm really hyped for the amount of stuff Blademaster Samuro could enable, and i'm so happy to see some an amazing neutral anti aggro card. OH and priest can cast Apotheosis on Blademaster Samuro in order to heal a LOT. 

I know this is way too early to say this, but Blademaster Samuro might become a must craft, and i wouldn't be surprised if Blademaster Samuro would either become really OP and nerfed quickly, or become Zilliax level loved/balanced. Time will tell!

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 5 days, 2 hours ago
    Quote From YourPrivateNightmare

Really seems like more of a Warrior or Paladin legendary doesn't it?

Warrior can combo with Inner Rage for a quick Hellfire, Paladin can just buff it and run it into something for variable amounts of damage (Blessing of Might meta pog)

Should at least appear in Libram Pally (since Pure is going away anyways unless they print more support)

Rogue with Nitroboost

Paladin Blessing/Libram

Warrior Inner rage

Any handbuff.

A lot of classes can buff his attack up real easy. He's basically a swipe/hellfire for 2 cards in most classes if he lives. I'm certain he'll see play probably in aggressive and midrange decks that have those early attack buffs to compete in mirior matches.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1430 1167 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 days, 16 hours ago

Since Frenzy only activates once, this has limited value. I think it'll be fun to play though.

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1145 576 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 3 days, 6 hours ago

Wonder if this card has a special interaction with Apotheosis. Would you heal from the damage triggered by the frenzy effect?

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1105 2174 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 3 days, 4 hours ago
    Quote From Caro

Wonder if this card has a special interaction with Apotheosis. Would you heal from the damage triggered by the frenzy effect?

as long as Frenzy is consistent with other abilities then yes. Abilities are usually coded to be part of the minion and as such will apply any added keywords (such as lifesteal and poisonous).

If Rogue gets a cheap spell to give a minion poisonous this could be very interesting

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium