New Shaman Spell - Chain Lightning (Rank 1)

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 675 1493 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

A new Epic Shaman Spell, Chain Lightning (Rank 1), has been revealed!

Chain Lightning (Rank 1) Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1635 2504 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 15 hours ago

Love it. Love it. Love it. 

Shaman needs some efficient early removal and I think this will work. It's cheap, deals good damage, and doesn't have overload. 

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Face Collector 1100 153 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 5 days, 11 hours ago

I like this upgrading mechanic. If you draw in the mid or late game, you might still kill something. And if not, it's 2 mana.

• dapperdog's Avatar 1130 1888 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 11 hours ago

It has potential certainly. Combined with Imprisoned Phoenix, this is just a 2 mana remove 2 minions in most cases, which also incidentally gets better with time.

But theres something inside me that says Landslide is a better card no matter the circumstances as long as overload is still a tolerable concept in control shaman.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1105 2174 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 5 hours ago

Pretty sure this is just playable at 1 and will never lose relevance throughout the game...unless of course there's way better stuff yet to come and you don#t even need this

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 620 637 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 5 hours ago

Chain Lightning (Rank 1) seems solid. Another great 2 cost removal card for shaman. Shaman really loves their amazing 2 mana removal spells! Chain Lightning (Rank 1) is a alternative to Landslide if your not overloaded before turn 5 (Pretty hard, not gonna lie.), and after turn 5 it can help remove some minions so that's good. But it feels bad to compare it to other spells like Landslide and Lightning Storm because Chain Lightning (Rank 1) only removes 2 minions instead of potentially an entire board, and that's it's weakness. As long as the meta is pretty aggro-y with lots of tokens Chain Lightning (Rank 1) will be a lot worse, and in meta's where it's a bit more midrangey/control focussed Chain Lightning (Rank 1) will shine.

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 5 days, 1 hour ago

Solid card at every rank, nice 2 for 1 usually and position matters gameplay. Great card all around.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• UVE's Avatar 835 504 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days ago

Solid card, we need to see more nature synergies for shaman.

By The Holy Light!

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1430 1167 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 3 days, 16 hours ago

Really digging the upgrade mechanic. I found spellstones and schemes to be really fun cards, even though some of them were trash. 

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1145 576 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 3 days, 6 hours ago

I'm not sold yet on this upgrade effect. For Chain Lightning (Rank 3) dealing 8 damage to 2 minions on turn 10 might not be enough to remove the big minions one would expect at 10 mana. Ofc you are only paying 2 mana to deal 8 damage across 2 bodies, but I feel we'd need additional cards to completely remove the 2 minions. There's also that 50/50 on which adjacent minion gets hit, if you target the middle minion 

• HuntardHuntard's Avatar Rexxar 420 115 Posts Joined 12/03/2019
    Posted 3 days ago

Cleave, but not trash.

Your face is already dead

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium