New Shaman Spell - Chain Lightning (Rank 1)

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1943 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

A new Epic Shaman Spell, Chain Lightning (Rank 1), has been revealed!

Chain Lightning (Rank 1) Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2733 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Love it. Love it. Love it. 

Shaman needs some efficient early removal and I think this will work. It's cheap, deals good damage, and doesn't have overload. 

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Crossroads Historian 1245 315 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I like this upgrading mechanic. If you draw in the mid or late game, you might still kill something. And if not, it's 2 mana.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1320 2337 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

It has potential certainly. Combined with Imprisoned Phoenix, this is just a 2 mana remove 2 minions in most cases, which also incidentally gets better with time.

But theres something inside me that says Landslide is a better card no matter the circumstances as long as overload is still a tolerable concept in control shaman.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2682 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

Pretty sure this is just playable at 1 and will never lose relevance throughout the game...unless of course there's way better stuff yet to come and you don#t even need this

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 750 1029 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Chain Lightning (Rank 1) seems solid. Another great 2 cost removal card for shaman. Shaman really loves their amazing 2 mana removal spells! Chain Lightning (Rank 1) is a alternative to Landslide if your not overloaded before turn 5 (Pretty hard, not gonna lie.), and after turn 5 it can help remove some minions so that's good. But it feels bad to compare it to other spells like Landslide and Lightning Storm because Chain Lightning (Rank 1) only removes 2 minions instead of potentially an entire board, and that's it's weakness. As long as the meta is pretty aggro-y with lots of tokens Chain Lightning (Rank 1) will be a lot worse, and in meta's where it's a bit more midrangey/control focussed Chain Lightning (Rank 1) will shine.

• Synnr7's Avatar 650 270 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Solid card at every rank, nice 2 for 1 usually and position matters gameplay. Great card all around.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• UVE's Avatar 935 650 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Solid card, we need to see more nature synergies for shaman.

By The Holy Light!

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1605 1359 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Really digging the upgrade mechanic. I found spellstones and schemes to be really fun cards, even though some of them were trash. 

• Caro's Avatar 1255 805 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

I'm not sold yet on this upgrade effect. For Chain Lightning (Rank 3) dealing 8 damage to 2 minions on turn 10 might not be enough to remove the big minions one would expect at 10 mana. Ofc you are only paying 2 mana to deal 8 damage across 2 bodies, but I feel we'd need additional cards to completely remove the 2 minions. There's also that 50/50 on which adjacent minion gets hit, if you target the middle minion 

• HuntardHuntard's Avatar 505 194 Posts Joined 12/03/2019

Cleave, but not trash.

Your face is already dead

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1450 2209 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 months, 1 week ago

I'm wondering how good this will be regarding elusive minions

• og0's Avatar 1330 961 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

Flexible and great with spell damage (no longer totem though of course) - I like it.

All generalizations are false.

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 383 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

OK. Random adjacent isn't great. 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• JackJimson's Avatar 575 526 Posts Joined 11/19/2019

Really solid card, nothing flashy.

It scales as the game progresses. Even at level 1, it does 2 to 2 which is still very useful in a pinch. At 10 mana, 4 to 2 is not as useful but can still destroy 2 4 drops for only 2 mana.

• Topandito's Avatar 825 383 Posts Joined 03/29/2019

Its just solid removal at all periods in the game. Its first form is entirely solid for playing on curve, and though it doesn't scale as well as it might into the late game, it isn't ever going to be an entirely dead card.

• samwisetarly's Avatar 330 118 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

Good card, but did we have to add more RNG to Shaman removal right at the same time we fixed Lightning Storm?

• Horus's Avatar Mankrik's Wife 2020 2146 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Where's the overload ?
    And did they precised what happen once you have (5) mana?
    Asking for a friend

Struggle with Heroic Galakrond's Awakening? I got your back : 

• TheDarkLord's Avatar Global Moderator 725 209 Posts Joined 02/02/2019

I'm excited to see how this upgrade mechanic works out.  It's nice to have cards that are useful in the early game, but aren't completely useless if drawn later.

• Thonson's Avatar HearthStationeer 1265 1228 Posts Joined 03/24/2019

I got such WC3 vibes off this spell reveal!  It almost made me buy Reforged!  But they I remembered... it's WC3 Reforged...

Quick!  Someone give me something clever to write here.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium