New Neutral Minion - Mankrik

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1943 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 2 months, 2 weeks ago

A new Legendary Neutral Minion, Mankrik, has been revealed!

Mankrik Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• DarkFrostX's Avatar Old God Fanatic 730 1041 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Never palyed wow but I like this kind of reffrences.

• Caro's Avatar 1255 805 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

And the Barrens chat goes WILD for long time fan favourite! 

The card's mechanic is so flavourful, instant 5 stars. 

Show Spoiler
    On a side note, according to OoC, Mankrik's wife is a bad card name 🤣

Olgra, Mankrik's WifeBADCARDNAME

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2733 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I am guessing that when you play him, his wife gets shuffled into your deck, and when you play her something epic happens. Should be fun but in general shuffling cards into your deck hasn't been a reliable strategy.

*edit* Now I see what he shuffles in I think this is actually a pretty decent card. It is cast when drawn and actually has a fairly big impact on the board when you draw it. I imagine this could be played in a midrange deck that doesn't mind a vanilla 3-drop but would also be very happy with the extra push later on.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• darkjak's Avatar E.V.I.L. Dragon 375 334 Posts Joined 07/06/2019

So the search continues.

• dapperdog's Avatar Dragon Scholar 1320 2337 Posts Joined 07/29/2019

The effect, if im not mistaken, is to send his wife into your deck, which on drawing, cast a 3/10 mankrik to kick the opponent's face immediately.

Not bad, but not really that good neither unless you draw this immediately in the next 2-3 turns. Still, a 10 health mankrik is not an easy nut to crack and mankrik himself starts as a 3/4 for 3, which is already at least a decent card.

• edennnnnn's Avatar 230 43 Posts Joined 11/16/2020

good shuffle synergy, i think. vaguely equivalent to ticketmaster, but with the shuffle on battlecry which is way better.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 650 832 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

I like it. Decent Stats and if i understand the card correctly it gives you a draw too.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1375 2682 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

It...exists?

Like sure, throw it into your deck, why not? Doesn't have any particular synergies but it won't hurt either. Probably a top tier arena card.

Perhaps Shuffle Rogue can do something with it, but I highly doubt that's anything but a meme

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 750 1029 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Interesting card and effect. Never played a lot of WoW (Only the free stuff, and mostly alliance races.) but from what i heard its a meme so seeing it make it into HS is pretty fun. Mankrik has some premium 3 drop stats, and for those wondering what the battlecry does: It shuffles Mankriks wife into your deck which is a Cast when drawn spell, which summons a 3/10 Mankrik that immedialty charges the opponents FACE. So that's a pretty good effect when you find his wife. Also a 10 health minion is quite scary in priest if Inner Fire is a core set card.

Mankrik seems like a good card, BUT it there are several things that are quite bad about him... First of all he has little to no impact when played, which is bad considering immediate impact on the board is something that's important these days (like Rush). And second of all drawing/finding Mankriks wife can take a LONG time depending on your draw. (Same reason Bomb warrior in RoS/Uldum was quite.. unreliable because of the Bomb drawing RNG of your opponent)

However i feel like there will be some meme decks with Mankrik, specificly in wild with shaman. Mankrik alongside double battlecries, bounsing him back into your hand and playing him again might be a fun combo, and add Shudderwock alongside that. That sounds really fun to find a lot of Mankriks wifes. lol. Oh and also i think that some Highlander decks might include him in wild.

Edit: Inner Fire is not in the core set, so that makes Mankrik worse in priest, but there still pushing tempo priest is might still see play in priest.

• Synnr7's Avatar 650 270 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

I can't wait until you shuffle Olga in and then Tickatus burns it. It will be just like classic WoW and have people asking "where is mankirk's wife?"

Meme aside I think it can be strong in Rogue/Warlock were you can pull out the shuffled card early. A fast 3/10 can be annoying to remove and the threat of buffs can make it a very deadly card.  Most other classes I think it's too slow.

Great reference though so 5/5.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• UVE's Avatar 935 650 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

1 Star card because that awfull art.

By The Holy Light!

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Crossroads Historian 1245 315 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Seems like an aggro card. Could be good in decks that cycle through the deck quickly, otherwise the game might be over before you even find Mankrik's Wife.

• Pezman's Avatar Unwrapped 1605 1359 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Meh. I like that they made the reference, but the card itself feels underwhelming.

• MurlocAggroB's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_500_HS 925 517 Posts Joined 06/12/2019
    Quote From GoddammitDontShootMe

Seems like an aggro card. Could be good in decks that cycle through the deck quickly, otherwise the game might be over before you even find Mankrik's Wife.

Too slow for aggro. I don't think even Zoolock would want to slow down and play a 3/4 just to maybe get a payoff. Maybe it sees play in Midrange, but without Highlander support that seems iffy.

A man is lying on the street, some punks chopped off his head

I'm the only one who stops to see if he's dead.

Hmm. Turns out he's dead.

• PopeNeia's Avatar Darkmaster 490 629 Posts Joined 07/06/2019

Please, no one would run a vanilla 3/4.

Nobody ever finds Mankrik’s Wife!

This ain't no place for a hero

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Crossroads Historian 1245 315 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Quote From MurlocAggroB
    Quote From GoddammitDontShootMe

Too slow for aggro. I don't think even Zoolock would want to slow down and play a 3/4 just to maybe get a payoff. Maybe it sees play in Midrange, but without Highlander support that seems iffy.

You're probably right. I thought maybe with enough draw, you could draw his wife quickly. And with bounce cards, engage in some polygamy. I guess I mostly said it because the summoned Mankrik immediately goes face.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1450 2209 Posts Joined 05/28/2019
    Posted 2 months, 1 week ago

3 for 6/14 in stats is pretty solid.  Granted you gotta draw the wife, but still

• og0's Avatar 1330 961 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I just love the flavor of this card - brings back memories from 15 years ago :)

All generalizations are false.

• MichaelLoda's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 160 6 Posts Joined 03/14/2019

Everyone rejoice, Mankrik is finally in Hearthstone! Lok'tar ogar!

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium