New Druid Minion - Druid of the Plains

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 675 1493 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 5 days, 16 hours ago

A new Epic Druid Minion, Druid of the Plains, has been revealed!

Druid of the Plains Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1635 2504 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 15 hours ago

I have a hard time seeing a world in which a 6/7 Taunt that deals 7 damage to a minion isn't a great card. It's basically Siamat but with an extra keyword.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1145 576 Posts Joined 03/12/2020
    Posted 5 days, 15 hours ago

Will be better in arena than constructed, but it's pretty mediocre 

• sinti's Avatar Global Moderator Unwrapped 1790 2143 Posts Joined 10/20/2018
    Posted 5 days, 14 hours ago
    Quote From Caro

Will be better in arena than constructed, but it's pretty mediocre 

6/7 taunt with a "battlecry" to deal 7 dmg to a minion is mediocre? you have pretty high standards lol

Forged in the Barrens Expansion Guide
    ~ Have an idea? Found a bug? Let us know! ~
    ~ Join us on Discord ~

• dapperdog's Avatar 1130 1888 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 12 hours ago

Its a decent card on its own, but the problem is exactly that. Druid typically plays broken cards + ramp for the win, and I'm having difficulty imagining this being part of anything druid would want to do, now that Embiggen and highlander druid will be gone when this releases. There's a slim hope for this that something from the core set can save it (its still a decent rush-to-taunt card) but Im doubtful.

• edennnnnn's Avatar 175 9 Posts Joined 11/16/2020
    Posted 5 days, 11 hours ago

great card; fits on curve after overgrowth to help u regain the board. smash a 5/5 and develop a 6/7 taunt. (and i assume the taunt keeps beast synergy for n'zoth summons).

this card is going to be a workhorse for druid.

• Brandon's Avatar Old God Fanatic 620 637 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 7 hours ago

Great card. Druid needed some HARD removal, even though hard removal is something that supposed to be druids weakness. It's also a beast, so it can get ressurected by N'Zoth, God of the Deep. Druid of the Plains kinda reminds me of Siamat, it's great removal and pretty flexible. (For multiple druid decks.)

Standard: I think Druid of the Plains will see play in N'Zoth, God of the Deep druid deck, or Clown Druid.

Wild: Not sure if it will see any play. The most popular druid decks in wild are Token Druid and Malygos OTK Druid, and Malygos OTK Druid doesn't want Druid of the Plains because it messes up Juicy Psychmelon pulls? (Not familiar with the deck, so i'm not 100% sure about that.)

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Swamp 1105 2176 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Posted 5 days, 6 hours ago

Looks pretty fantastic for ramp Druid. It's basically an easy way to catch up after ramping with Overgrowth on 4. You run this into whatever it can survive and you just removed a minion while putting a fat taunt in the way.

On the flipside opponents can play around it by building a high attack threat that it can't trade into and live

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• FieselFitz's Avatar Anduin 615 669 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Wow - strong card. Works as Hard Removal for Druid i guess.

Challenge me ... when you're ready to duel a god!

• Skorpionex's Avatar Headless Horseman 850 216 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Great card, removes one minion and transforms into 6/7.

What's the most powerful card in Hearthstone?

A credit card.

• Zelgadis's Avatar Faire Sleuth 675 443 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days, 5 hours ago
    Quote From Brandon

Great card. Druid needed some HARD removal, even though hard removal is something that supposed to be druids weakness. It's also a beast, so it can get ressurected by N'Zoth, God of the Deep. Druid of the Plains kinda reminds me of Siamat, it's great removal and pretty flexible. (For multiple druid decks.)

This is not hard removal like for example Naturalize was: if you're facing Deathwing, this is useless. This is soft removal, for very unsubtle values of "soft" ;)

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 5 days, 3 hours ago

Real nice card. Strong, with 2 bodies and a beast tag. Could definitely see play. Is it strong enough though? Druid has had lot of powerful things to ramp into. Definitely seems like a contender for N'zoth style decks but the front half is the one you want back. The taunt side isn't aweful but still clutters the rez pool a bit.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• PainlessSteel's Avatar 270 43 Posts Joined 08/16/2019
    Posted 5 days ago

This will be nerfed to 8 mana. Mark my words.

• UVE's Avatar 835 504 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 5 days ago

Beast druid looks good with that card.

Minion removal+good body with taunt for 7 mana is strong in a class with lack of removals.

By The Holy Light!

• GoddammitDontShootMe's Avatar Face Collector 1100 153 Posts Joined 06/03/2019
    Posted 4 days, 23 hours ago

Nice. It can hit something for 7 damage, and as long as that something doesn't have 6 or more attack, it will transform into a taunt minion and get all its health back +1.

• Hiei's Avatar Rock Rager 310 49 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 4 days, 7 hours ago

That's Coilfang Warlord with a condition, DH already has this OP card but plays aggro. Being a druid card make it more consistent, especially a beast who can be summoned by Guardian Animals  or copied with Shan'do Wildclaw. I bet this year druid will receive a lot of beast synergy since they already announced Menagerie Warden would be in the classic set for the year of the griffin.

Murlocs <3

• dapperdog's Avatar 1130 1888 Posts Joined 07/29/2019
    Posted 4 days, 7 hours ago
    Quote From Hiei

That's Coilfang Warlord with a condition, DH already has this OP card but plays aggro. Being a druid card make it more consistent, especially a beast who can be summoned by Guardian Animals  or copied with Shan'do Wildclaw. I bet this year druid will receive a lot of beast synergy since they already announced Menagerie Warden would be in the classic set for the year of the griffin.

This can't be summoned by Guardian Animals, which only summons beasts that cost 5 or less.

• Zelgadis's Avatar Faire Sleuth 675 443 Posts Joined 05/29/2019
    Posted 4 days, 2 hours ago
    Quote From Synnr7

Definitely seems like a contender for N'zoth style decks but the front half is the one you want back. The taunt side isn't aweful but still clutters the rez pool a bit.

What beast are you playing that you would rather see resurrected than a 6/7 taunt? Usually I'm already content to get Circus Amalgam back.

• Hiei's Avatar Rock Rager 310 49 Posts Joined 03/21/2019
    Posted 3 days, 23 hours ago
    Quote From dapperdog
    Quote From Hiei

This can't be summoned by Guardian Animals, which only summons beasts that cost 5 or less.

Oops ! But still I think druid will have a lot of beast synergy this year 

Murlocs <3

• Synnr7's Avatar 565 110 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 3 days, 22 hours ago
    Quote From Zelgadis
    Quote From Synnr7

Definitely seems like a contender for N'zoth style decks but the front half is the one you want back. The taunt side isn't aweful but still clutters the rez pool a bit.

What beast are you playing that you would rather see resurrected than a 6/7 taunt? Usually I'm already content to get Circus Amalgam back.

Fleethoof Pearltusk

Marsh Hydra

Winged Guardian

I know the guardian is going out soon. Like I said a 6/7 taunt isn't bad but I tend to prefer rush for immediate action or reborn for sticking around if I can get it.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium