New Neutral Minion - Kazakus, Golem Shaper

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1986 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

A new Legendary Neutral Minion, Kazakus, Golem Shaper, has been revealed!

Kazakus, Golem Shaper Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• calipsis's Avatar Nightfall 825 152 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

New Kazakus cancer, here we come!

• Lemushki's Avatar Squirtle 835 584 Posts Joined 03/22/2019

Giving it just 4 starts until we see all the effects, but it seems pretty nice like the original one. Being able to select between 1/5/10 cost gives it a lot of versatility

Lemushki - The one and only since 2006

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 845 392 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

Looks fun, I don't know how good it'll be without all the golems, and I don't have any experience with these "build a minion cards." But fun! 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• Hiei's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_175_HS 445 198 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

Seems strong BUT 4 mana is a slot we want to have in decks, a lot of good cards cost 4 so not sure if this card will make it.

Murlocs <3

• NerdyMcNerd's Avatar Scrambled Eggs 1085 181 Posts Joined 04/13/2020

It looks like we are going to get some call backs to Mean Streets then.

Disclaimer: if the above is factually incorrect or complete rubbish it is definitely both intentional and  comedy genius.

• Synnr7's Avatar 665 318 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Makes potions and now golems. What can't Kazakus do!

Real interesting card. Can't wait to see all the effects.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2755 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

We don't know all of the effects yet, but if this is anything similar to the old kazakus it should still be a very strong card. I wouldn't be surprised if this, like the old kazakus, becomes a staple in control decks. The deckbuilding restriction does kind of suck, but there will definitely be decks where the sacrifice is worth it.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• AmigoGP's Avatar 200 142 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

From a spell to a minion now cool.WE need to see all the effects that it can give to the golem first.Also you can't have any other 4 cost cards but looks fun and could be very powerfull.

• DrunkDonuuut's Avatar Crossroads Historian 195 158 Posts Joined 03/01/2021

Looks very flexible! But 4 cost is a bit awkward for some classes. E.g. Mage can't put fireballs in their deck, druid can't overgrowth, and no sword eater for Warrior! Rogue, on the other hand, will have no trouble using this card. Value rogue maybe?

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1740 1282 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

Interesting card. Prince Valanar (which you ironically shouldn't run in the same deck) saw basically no play, but Kazakus is expected to be much stronger, despite the fact that we do not know all the effects you can pick yet.

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1450 2218 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I'm looking forward to seeing the full scale of the options for the golem crafting. 

• SilverWolf's Avatar Tauren Chieftain Addict 805 658 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Ok, so Prince Kazakus now, have a good value depending on golem's effects.

Still no dragon form??? I am expecting that since Gadgetzan.

• meisterz39's Avatar 740 952 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

I love to see the return of Kazakus, and I really like that Kazakus, Golem Shaper has a different build-around effect than the original. We've seen a ton of highlander decks, and it's time for something new.

How good this is will depend a lot on how valuable the abilities are, so it's kind of early to judge, but I liked the last cycle of "Has no X-cost cards" back in KotFT, so this should be a lot of fun.

• jacob1487's Avatar 460 216 Posts Joined 03/27/2019

Excited to find out more about this!

• Dreams's Avatar Banned Pikachu 335 290 Posts Joined 11/05/2020

Putting this in my secret Rogue in place of my Potion of Illusion

Banned for spamming.

• ArrowSh0t's Avatar 160 141 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

good the see kazakus back

• bardozan's Avatar 380 250 Posts Joined 09/12/2019

So Kazakus is now a sculptor lol.

4 mana cards are not that important, they can be cut probably. Golems are probably not super impressive as the spells of Kazakus, i guess.

OBLIVION!

• Dermostatic's Avatar Eldritch Horror 535 228 Posts Joined 03/31/2019

I am legally obliged to give five stars to cards like this one.

I haven't used the classic Kazakus in a long while (shock and horror) but I love in-game customisation, especially when it's strong. The 5- and 10-cost variants of Kazakus' potions were exceptional as board-clears; I wonder if his Golems will match up to that standard. Or, perhaps, the effects this time won't be as strong since you're not forgoing duplicates, just the 4-mana slot. Granted, that's an important turn for midrange decks, but I think Kazakus will feel much more at home in control. That said, this is a good tempo play, and can help fill out your curve with a strong 5-drop at the very least.

Started playing HS in May, 2015. The bad news: I missed the excitement of 'Naxx out?' and GvG. The good news: I never met an Undertaker.

• Kasiiik's Avatar 190 26 Posts Joined 11/22/2019

Please give us an update as soon as you know what the effects are:

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium