New Demon Hunter Minion - Razorfen Beastmaster

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 775 1901 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 weeks, 4 days ago

A new Rare Demon Hunter Minion, Razorfen Beastmaster, has been revealed!

Razorfen Beastmaster Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• BloodMefist's Avatar Content Squad Old God Fanatic 715 659 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

I can't help but feel like someone at Blizz fked up and that this is supposed to be a Hunter card, not a Demon Hunter card. It's called a 'Beastmaster' and it has Deathrattle synergy, checking off two Hunter boxes and no Demon Hunter boxes. Idk, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it was meant to be Hunter at some point down the line.

• Trimutius's Avatar Supporter 1380 1957 Posts Joined 03/16/2019

So far it cheats out only Renowned Performer which is meh

I am envoy from nowhere in nowhere. Nobody and nothing have sent me. And even though it is impossible I exist. ©Trimutius

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019
    Quote From BloodMefist

I can't help but feel like someone at Blizz fked up and that this is supposed to be a Hunter card, not a Demon Hunter card. It's called a 'Beastmaster' and it has Deathrattle synergy, checking off two Hunter boxes and no Demon Hunter boxes. Idk, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it was meant to be Hunter at some point down the line.

it's like a Stormhammer thing I guess?

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• Hiei's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_175_HS 435 196 Posts Joined 03/21/2019

You have to hold the other card so it does not make the card op BUT it can be a 7 mana worth card for 3, thats strong in the right archetype deck.

Murlocs <3

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1365 2571 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

No idea what how this will turn out, but it's kind of strange to print a card that pulls the thing you'd want to play on curve out of your hand. Then again, maybe there's just gonna be some crazy deathrattle synergies that make this playable

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• bardozan's Avatar 375 248 Posts Joined 09/12/2019

Cheating out a 4 mana minion is great, but as mentioned, there are not much deathrattle minions for DH that comes to mind. We'll definitely see some supporting deathrattle cards for DH.

OBLIVION!

• Synnr7's Avatar 640 257 Posts Joined 07/19/2019

Looks interesting but until we see more of the Barrens set we won't really know what it can pull.

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• MarcoHS's Avatar Scholomance Surveyor 315 97 Posts Joined 06/02/2019

Wrong class? Priest had one similar in the past, never see play. Dh maybe will do a better use of it.

• AmigoGP's Avatar 185 135 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

deathrattle demon hunter?still need more cards to see that work.I just hope they will make some cards for big demon hunter

• lukoil's Avatar 90 5 Posts Joined 02/26/2020

Hmmm flavourwise this card doesn't make sense. Why beastmaster in DH?

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1685 1228 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

My first instinct is that it's kinda weak. A card that requires you to have another somewhat-specific type of card in hand to have any real value doesn't sound too compelling. Another card that doesn't seem to fit any current DH playstyle.

• bananenparty's Avatar Card Designer Enthusiast 715 185 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

Deathrattle synergy cards for DH this expansion? I thought they had some original flavours with him in mind?

• Hydrafrog's Avatar Gul'dan 1445 2204 Posts Joined 05/28/2019

3 for 3/3 that replaces itself?  What can go wrong

• KANSAS's Avatar Old God Fanatic 1715 2710 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

I don't know what to think of this card. It doesn't feel like a demon hunter card at all. It has deathrattle synergy and it also wants you to hold cards in your hand when usually demon hunters have been about playing lots of cards as fast as possible. It does feel a little slow as it has sub-par vanilla stats, doesn't do anything until it dies, and also requires another card in your hand to even work.

Deathrattle Demon Hunter will obviously be getting more support, so it is hard to tell how good this card is as of yet. But so far it looks pretty average.

I also agree with BloodMefist, this looks like a hunter card and should be in hunter.

Carrion, my wayward grub.

• UVE's Avatar 930 649 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Really good card for Hunter/priest.

Meh card for DH.

By The Holy Light!

• bela's Avatar 300 141 Posts Joined 01/19/2020

are there enough deathrattle cards in a demonhunter shell?

• meisterz39's Avatar 730 949 Posts Joined 06/03/2019

Wrong "Hunter" class? Seems like this doesn't make much sense in Demon Hunter, where there are very few good, cheap deathrattles today. Maybe they'll change that in this set, but this card just seems pretty bad.

• frenzy's Avatar COMMENT_COUNT_200_HS 795 444 Posts Joined 05/30/2019

I mean, they must have some synergy in mind here!

by frenzy 7 months, 1 week ago
    1 1380 1380 424 0
    1 1640 1640 420 0
    3 1440 1440 1180 0
    by frenzy 1 year, 5 months ago
    4 3400 3400 621 0

• BigE's Avatar The Cake Is A Lie 830 364 Posts Joined 05/28/2020

Does Hunter even want this? DH doesn't. Anti-synergy with Teron Gorefiend (I know it's a neutral legendary so not a huge chance to pull it, but it's there, a deathrattle decks runs him, and it would feel awful). Nope. 

Dad Legend. Legend IV

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium