New Hunter Minion - Barak Kodobane

• R217's Avatar Bulbasaur 275 137 Posts Joined 07/27/2019
    Posted 1 month, 3 weeks ago

Fine, but why? Too slow for this meta, for hunter. 

• Me0203's Avatar 635 321 Posts Joined 06/13/2019

If you use it as intended, it summons rush minions! And if you use it in a slightly more interesting fashion... Lock and Load and some of its friends, teehee.

My name is Barack Okodobane and I am once again asking for your support.

Better call Thrall!

• Swoglin's Avatar 135 136 Posts Joined 03/23/2021

Love it, works in most archetypes 

For me its one to craft

• Arenekhert's Avatar Taurajo Innkeeper 160 104 Posts Joined 02/28/2021

it feels like it should be good value, but I don't think it's good enough. def not worth crafting, but i wont be eager to disenchant

• spy2395's Avatar 525 174 Posts Joined 08/22/2019

draw is good, but still not excited about the card

• tzdevil's Avatar 105 84 Posts Joined 03/24/2021

Bad body, effect's not strong enough too. 2 stars.

• Sunman222's Avatar 140 136 Posts Joined 03/24/2021

Seems strong.  Draws/deck thinner.  Synergy with Mankrik's wife.

• Inconspicuosaurus's Avatar Bulbasaur 750 204 Posts Joined 03/30/2019

Seems like a good way to either pull lethal or clear out low-cost cards for better late-game draws.

~ An expertly disguised dinosaur

• ShadowsOfSense's Avatar Community Manager Buried Alive 1225 768 Posts Joined 10/23/2018

Spell Hunter with Lock and Load? I don't see it myself, but the effect is so weird to see on a Hunter card that I almost feel challenged into making it work.

Welcome to the site!

• TheDarkLord's Avatar Global Moderator 725 209 Posts Joined 02/02/2019

Card draw in hunter is nice, but the fact that it's somewhat targeted could be good or bad.  At the very least it helps thin out the deck, which in the late game could be a godsend, even if the cards that it actually draws aren't all that amazing.

• Synnr7's Avatar 650 270 Posts Joined 07/19/2019
    Posted 1 month, 2 weeks ago

Hunter draw is a good thing. You can fetch specific things with this too!

Casual Dragon Cardgame enthusiast. 

• medievaldoge's Avatar 225 32 Posts Joined 06/06/2020

Kinda weak for a legend but gives draw to hunter

• Sparkinarius's Avatar Crossroads Historian 710 471 Posts Joined 07/18/2019

With Hunter losing a lot of aggression with this rotation, I think they can afford to play this. It's nice that you can play all three spells on curve next turn if you need to. This also pairs nicely with Mankrik since Olgra, Mankrik's Wife costs three mana (after an upcoming patch) as well as Tracking for more card draw. I'm a little scared about Hunter's viability this expansion, but I definitely think this helps Hunter reload the midrange approach that they are getting multiple tools for.

For glory, honor, and gold!

• Darksylum's Avatar 10 1 Posts Joined 04/09/2021
    Posted 1 month ago

I was so excited for this card as I run a toxic reinforcements deck. 1 cost toxic reinforcements 2 cost feign death to activate afterwards and a 3 cost kill command for good measure. But then I realized secrets would get drawn as well. There goes the feign death :(

Hunter draw is garbage so most hunter decks that are not agro and using vulture depend on deck thinning from secrets being pulled out of the deck and tossed into the battle field. This card is the exact opposite of what most hunter decks are looking to do. as deck thinning is and will be the only reliable method of reducing deck size to get to the targeted draws, And not being able to specifically and reliably target pull feign death with this card makes it useless to me. 

Another day, another expansion, another empty hand and turn too late to play any type of hunter other than a buzzard agro deck. I feel hunter has been left behind for good and will never fit into this fast paced busted meta (wild especially)

Honestly the 5 cost 3/5 doesn't bother me much as I kill most people from hand with my said deck without ever having to interact with the board. It is the same concept as an OTK deck minus the 1 turn 30 health. it is more like 1 turn 16-20 health that is non interactive, There needs to be better cycle options as deck thinning itself has become too slow in comparison to draw mechanics for other classes. Sadly this garbage card is not the solution.

• aposteljoe's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 660 275 Posts Joined 06/18/2019
    Posted 2 weeks, 4 days ago

The honest card text of this card should be: "Battlecry: Find Mankrik's Wife"

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium