New Demon Hunter Spell - Sigil of Flame

• Arthas's Avatar Black Lotus 780 1986 Posts Joined 03/10/2019
    Posted 3 months, 1 week ago

A new Epic Demon Hunter Spell, Sigil of Flame, has been revealed!

Sigil of Flame Card Image

Discuss this card below or head on over to the card page to give it a rating!

Learn more about Forged in the Barrens

Head on over to our dedicated guide for Forged in the Barrens!

Get Cheaper Card Packs

This section contains affiliate links.

If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.

Your friendly neighbourhood bot!
    Like what I'm doing? Disable ads and unlock cosmetics with Out of Cards Premium!

• JodyV's Avatar Pikachu 365 192 Posts Joined 05/31/2019

Bet I forget

I've been here a while; just hanging out in the background. 

• kkiiuu's Avatar 330 169 Posts Joined 04/01/2019

Doomsayer but without outplay opieopie

• aposteljoe's Avatar Hero of Warcraft 665 284 Posts Joined 06/18/2019

Control DH incoming? This has some Doomsayer vibes. The diffences are that the damage can't be denied, but this isn't a full board clear. 

• NerdyMcNerd's Avatar Scrambled Eggs 1085 181 Posts Joined 04/13/2020

This is interesting, it's more or less Hellfire with warning.

Disclaimer: if the above is factually incorrect or complete rubbish it is definitely both intentional and  comedy genius.

• serafim's Avatar 310 137 Posts Joined 06/17/2019

Interesting mechanic

• bananenparty's Avatar Card Designer Enthusiast 715 186 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

I'm not a fan of delayed effects. But playing this on turn three or four denies most two and some three drops so maybe it is viable.

• YourPrivateNightmare's Avatar Bloodfeather 1400 2819 Posts Joined 03/25/2019

That'S pretty damn strong for any anti-aggro demon Hunter (and of course Lifesteal OTK remains untouched, because fun is illegal).

The upside is that you can completely shut down an opponent's curve.

THe downside is that if they find a way to buff their board out of reach then you need a backup plan

Either way I think this is consistent enough to just be playable in a slow DH deck to set up those spicy swing turn (Big Demon especially)

I tried having fun once.

It was awful.

• allthehype's Avatar Crossroads Historian 510 630 Posts Joined 07/26/2019

Nice! I like the idea and this is definitely playable. It slows down your opponent for a turn (it can't be killed like Doomsayer or the DoD barrel) and could let you just go face for a turn.

• calipsis's Avatar Nightfall 825 152 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

Maybe control Demon Hunter will be a thing in an expansion or two

• Dreams's Avatar Banned Pikachu 335 290 Posts Joined 11/05/2020

It's like a dormant spell and 2 mana deal  3 to all minions is great value. So if there's any control DH deck this will be solid for it.

Love this card

Banned for spamming.

• UVE's Avatar 935 664 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

Ok AoE, but idk if control DH will shine, maybe OTK Il'gynoth DH will use it because Blade Dance will rotate.

By The Holy Light!

• Lundy's Avatar Crossroads Historian 1065 349 Posts Joined 06/21/2019

Love this mechanic and excited to see all the others

• Grumpy000's Avatar 1325 721 Posts Joined 06/06/2019

interesting AoE. Will find a place in some deck

I am 68 years old and still reach Legend

• Caro's Avatar Dragon 1350 872 Posts Joined 03/12/2020

Very interesting mechanic brough from WoW. Here's the spell in WoW: https://www.wowdb.com/spells/204596-sigil-of-flame (would've assumed it had the fire spell school)

As for HS, if DH gets more control support, or big demons etc, this will see play

• Erodos's Avatar Crossroads Historian 720 682 Posts Joined 05/29/2019

This is just worse Doomsayer, worse Immolation Aura. Won't see any play after the first week or so.

• FrostyFeet's Avatar Senior Moderator Derpcorn 1740 1282 Posts Joined 10/20/2018

Very interesting card that control-style Demon Hunters will love. Will see play if the meta allows that playstyle.

Also: that can't be the official English word alignment, can it? Why would they ever...

• AmigoGP's Avatar 200 142 Posts Joined 03/02/2021

strong vs aggro also you have a new card for your Magtheridon .Also love that is a secret but your opponent can play around it so it's not that op ,let's say the mini doomsayer that could .

• Bersak's Avatar Magma Rager 565 384 Posts Joined 06/12/2019

It was just a matter of time before we see such a mechanic. I’m curious to see if HS is slow enough for this type of effect. If so, this allows some interesting gameplay from both sides of the board! Seems like a solid card. DH is just missing the fitting archetype

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Karmin's Avatar Zombie 235 140 Posts Joined 02/12/2021

This card may not be that good, but it's awesome to see them implement the DH's sigil mechanic from WoW. Hopefully, it will give more flavor to DH, as well as introducing new secrets kinda.

• Leave a Comment

You must be signed in to leave a comment. Sign in here.

Remove Ads - Go Premium